Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 ROTDS first time run playthrough

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Well... it's time for Gi Nattak's hack! Kungfu!
WARNING: the hack is a totally different from vanilla, so this time i'll have to search everything from beginning, now... since i wanna have my fun, then i'm gonna take my time, which means VERY MUCH time, let's call it a slowrun... I won't be surprised if it might result boing... oh well.

If you're interested in watching it despite that, then i'll be glad for that.

Ok, let's start!

part 1: Just skip the first boss battle!
It starts as soon as Tifa fights against Kefka in the intro... the first segment should
theorically last about 30 minutes... the extra hour is wasted in managing to kill both whelk-ant head and shell/body with a single blow and get both their drop...
Yeah, that's just crazy, on a side note it's not even worth it Finger so don't imitate me
Just skip most of the boss fight, unless you really want see that happen.

part 2: Phew, stealing is possible since the beginning
I guess it was just better using Cloud's group, i used the third due to mimic and so double steal, but it's not necessary at all.

part 3: Longest journey to the castle
At least i discovered a dangerous spot...

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
One hour for one extra recharge, what a waste Tongue
  Find

Status
Atma
Really... Sad

part 4: Spotted 3 deadly locations!
Uh-oh! with chocobo you can pass through some land tile of world map and dismount in 3 spots which locks you there forever... just save there and you can throw away your save.

part 5: Why everyone has pizza as steal item?
Lack of creativity? Everyone loves pizza! (even monsters without hands or bags)

part 6: Dangerous guys in the hidden basement room
Was that intentional? Not bad idea... btw i found other 2 deadly chocobo spots.

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
OK, commenting as to allow for more videos lol (can't post more than 3 in a row I guess). Going to take care of those bad choco spots I'm working on them all now, thanks very much for thinking of trying that Tenka. And Lockirby for the suggestion (on ID) for the duplicate tiles that can be used to block the poor choco from exploring behind mountains =D

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
What if you updated the first post with all of the video links, and just change the topic name to show that its changed like for my own?

┬──┬ ノ(゜-゜ノ) I return thee table to thy intended position, mankind does not mean to flip you so often.
  Find

Status
Atma
Too much tricky Joe Tongue

part 7: Yamchaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
Honestly the true menace were Saibamens, not Radish.

part 8: Dat nasty returner...
And so i got stuck due to a returner that managed to placing between me and the guy who was guiding me in the hideout...

part 9: Huh?!
I noticed something weird: if i accept to help Banon(Astral), then all stuff is removed from Cloud; if i refuse 3 times, then Cloud will keep for himself all his equips... did that happen in vanilla too?

Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
And so i got stuck due to a returner that managed to placing between me and the guy who was guiding me in the hideout...

Whaaaaaaat. Never have I seen that happen out of probably 1000 times lol. How funny. Maybe I can move him a bit more down, but I guess there's always a chance if he's around there I guess. What a bastard, it was funny to see though. Sorry about that. Maybe I should just make it so it doesn't auto control the player to follow him. I see nothing that could go bad from making that change.

I noticed something weird: if i accept to help Banon(Astral), then all stuff is removed from Cloud; if i refuse 3 times, then Cloud will keep for himself all his equips... did that happen in vanilla too?

Oops no, that would be an oversight on my part. I have it so it removes his gear now, but I forgot to do it for that branch. Again, good find! I appreciate the beta testing quality playthrough.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(05-28-2015, 05:37 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Again, good find! I appreciate the beta testing quality playthrough.

I'm obviously not speaking of everyone here, but you should have had less people who just wanted to play your hack and more quality beta testers.
  Find

Threads: 8
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
@Madsiur - I can speak from my time as a QA tester, when I test something, I really test it, which involves things like trying to go into every wall, talking to people multiple times, clicking 'confirm' over every floor tile in case there's hidden items, etc and write detailed reports of my finding, regardless of if I find any bugs or not.

Unfortunately, I'm busy right now with work, making my own project and fighting with my roommate.

(I recently cancelled the Netflix and she is VERY upset over it, when it was bought using my money, I never get to watch it because she's on it 24/7 and she outright refused to pay a single penny to pay for it.)

I own the PS4, she owns the TV, and now she's trying to say stuff like I'm not allowed to use her HD TV to use my PS4, but in which case, she's not allowed the PS4 to watch her DVDs and whatnot...

It's a cycle that would end if she could find some way of paying £5.99 a month for Netflix, when she spends £20 a week on movies or TV shows on Blu-Ray and DVD.

@Tenkarider - Are you sure it would be alot of trouble? I don't know what the post character limit is, but in a PM, I had around 40+ pages in convos to and from another user before we hit the character limit, that's probably enough to have 200+ video links to youtube.

┬──┬ ノ(゜-゜ノ) I return thee table to thy intended position, mankind does not mean to flip you so often.
  Find

Status
Atma
@Joe: i'm not allowed to put more than 3 videos in the same post.

Btw it's funny the way you call this one a beta testing run or something... this is just how i'm used to play a new game the first time: i search and do stuff in a way that many would consider definitively more than the necessary.

PS. i noticed that when Aurora's scenario ends, that group won't release their equipped stuff, Cloud and Tifa will release them instead... is that ok?

part 10: Dangerous ambush
Whoa, the ambush of Gilgamesh that switched rows, since it was a back attack, almost killed me, right at the beginning with that 4 x slash
About the embers... it's too much a pain in the ass to steal them Sad i wonder what they have...

part 11: the badass woman appears!
Damn! FF7 battle song is skrewed in my emulator...
About Tifa i must say that i liked MUCH more her previous portrait... besides my bro says that most of the new portraits didn't like him, oh well...

part 12: Shameful victory...
Even the boss battle is screwed...
I hated the fact that when Calamity started fighting seriously and i was having really hard times to survive, he ran out of MP: i can hardly call that a victory... About that ray barrage... was it physical damage or magical? I mean, did the damage got halved if i was in back row?
PS. so... in the third scenario i have to go alone for a while?

Find