Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Maybe those are also guilty of preventing you from continuing your runs. Tongue

I mean, something must be stopping you from streaming this.
I blame Omni-counter Aero spam.

Seriously, WTF game, why you have that as a counter that early.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DavidB1111 for this post:
  • Quikdraw7777 (01-05-2017)

Threads: 2
Status
None
(01-05-2017, 01:59 PM)DavidB1111 Wrote: Maybe those are also guilty of preventing you from continuing your runs. Tongue

I mean, something must be stopping you from streaming this.
I blame Omni-counter Aero spam.

Seriously, WTF game, why you have that as a counter that early.

Laugh 

I admit, the RNG has pushed me into a corner like a timid 5 year old. Lately it's been like tip-toeing through a mine field; You just never know when you're going to encounter a freak before the Magitek Factory who is casually throwing around spells that don't even begin to show face until well into the World of Ruin.

And then we have guys with so little HP that they are dying if you just brush up against them the wrong yet - yet before they croak they decided to cough up Multi-Target attacks for BOGUS damage.

Speaking of Which:
How the hell does an enemy deal considerable damage with Exploder when he uses it as a DEATH Counter!?!?

I thought that Death = 0HP.......yet these deceased guys are using it for ~250 damage on Lete River.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
if that's the case, then Exploder reads the HP the monster had before receiving the final blow

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tenkarider for this post:
  • Quikdraw7777 (01-06-2017)

Thanks Received: 2
Status
Prowess
No, I doubt it's a death counter; just a counter to physical(or whatever's applicable) attacks(i.e. Bombs).

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Status
None
(01-05-2017, 10:23 PM)Cecil188 Wrote: No, I doubt it's a death counter; just a counter to physical(or whatever's applicable) attacks(i.e. Bombs).

I went back into the "read-me" file that came with the seed. According to the information, the culminated damage I've done to the monster in question was enough to kill him before he even casted it. These guys didn't have much HP, and would spend their first couple of turns attacking physically.

Taking into account how Exploder works, it should be impossible for them to put up the damage numbers they tend to score with it.

Tenkarider's theory sounds very plausible.
  Find

Status
Prowess
Hmm...perhaps some vanilla testing is in order.

Edit: https://youtu.be/EgWyCGe1aGI

I did some basic FF3ME editing. Not sure if my monster script is a valid recreation(it does have some weird effects), but it appears to work as it would in Beyond Chaos. Not entirely sure if I've recreated this phenomenon correctly though:

[script #-1] ; orig idx=0, "Ech", nb. bytes=8
EE ; Battle
FF ; End first wave of attack
FC 12 00 00 ; If following monster is/are dead:
A2 ; Exploder
FF ; End

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cecil188 for this post:
  • Quikdraw7777 (01-06-2017)

Status
None
Don't worry guys, I didn't forget about you.

As you all know, the run's current spot is at the point where I smacked Up Ultros for the THIRD time (after we admired the golden statues).

I'm trying to find an opening to get back on there and resume our quest for deathless greatness!
  Find

Status
Prowess
I'm planning on streaming in about an hour and a half. That's 1:00 EST, on today's date-Thursday, January 12th, 2017. Feel free to stop by if you want to see me attempt the deathless run again.

Edit: Stream has started!

Edit 2: Stream was successful! Thanks for coming out, everyone! For those of you who missed the stream, and want to catch up, but don't want to waste 8 hours of your life listening to my voice, the highlights are as follows:

-The Imperial Camp in Sabin's scenario
-Zozo(crazy stuff here!)
-Magitek Facility
-Floating Continent

Thanks again, everyone!

Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cecil188 for this post:
  • Quikdraw7777 (01-13-2017)

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
the death counter will do 0 damage, huh? have you tried to do a normal counter? 
I ask it because death counter has a different priority than others: if the monster is frozen he won't counter (unless you use the counter which works even while Quick is active) but if he dies he will do it, it will counter even black belt. that might mean that death counter is the very last thing that happens to a monster,
a normal counter might (maybe) do what i said in the other post.

i'll try to watch some of the stream, if i can  Wink

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
(01-12-2017, 12:24 PM)Cecil188 Wrote: I'm planning on streaming in about an hour and a half. That's 1:00 EST, on today's date-Thursday, January 12th, 2017. Feel free to stop by if you want to see me attempt the deathless run again.

Edit: Stream has started!

Edit 2: Stream was successful! Thanks for coming out, everyone! For those of you who missed the stream, and want to catch up, but don't want to waste 8 hours of your life listening to my voice, the highlights are as follows:

-The Imperial Camp in Sabin's scenario
-Zozo(crazy stuff here!)
-Magitek Facility
-Floating Continent

Thanks again, everyone!

I went back and watched all that you told me to catch up on (Mainly the Zozo Bits)...

And WOW...... Dadaluma was a real scumbag. Was the man serious dropping Cat Hoods for QUAKE SPELLS!?!?
And how about that one random encounter that CONTINUED to try and cast that Magnitude 8 death counter almost every turn after he was already dead!?! I've never seen anything like it before in my life. 

If Bob didn't have his self-induced Float status, and that monster had the MP to resume his Magnitude 8 frenzy - that team would've been torn open like a bag of chips at a Superbowl Party.
Laugh
Such a crazy seed!
And Congrats on making it to the World of Ruin! I'm going to fire mine up today and hope I make it there too!
  Find