Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Okay then.
Well, currently, I'm trying to fight something that takes the place of the Brachiosaur in the dinosaur forest.
It's weak to instant death, but it has too high of a magic block chance for anything to work on it.

MBLK: 96 Really, that's how stupid it is. I'd need freaking Raiden to even have a tiny chance to kill it.
Even Cleave isn't going to work reliably.

Are the randomizied enemies int his place supposed to be about 40 times harder than the entire Final battle?

Oh, for the love of Zorb. PLease remove Sneeze as a command any enemy can get in the Collisieum, because literally making a fight impossible without godlike luck is just stupid on every level.

Chupon in the base game made sense because you're not supposed to bet those items.

Someone who knows Python and the code for this randomizer, please code in a command I can use that stops all Sneeze attacks!
Seriously, I will pay you money in real life. OR I will donate to the charity of your choice up to $40.
I'm not even joking. Please do this.

Don't even get me started on how broken the coliseum AI is either. "I have all these spells, I'm going to cast LEvel 4 flare, and Level 3 muddle, and all the other spells that don't do anything over and over, oh, wait, no, I'm going to cast Warp! I'm going to cast Exploder! I'm going to physically attack even though I have Gau's weapons list, and can't use any weapons against an enemy with 27,000 HP and doing 200 damage to him will not work even if he doesn't have Sneeze. No, I changed my mind, I'm going to reflect Bolt 3 back on my self, oh, hey, I have Quasar and I will never use it despite having it only cost 1 MP, because I just want to use the same thing over and over and over again because I am dumb."
Someone insert the famous scene of the guy's head exploding from Scanners here on this line. Tongue

Seriously, at least improve the AI in the Coliseum, I don't care if you have to raise Alan Turing from the grave to do so. Smile

I am not joking about the money!
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
That's why Demonica is the utmost equip for colosseum: auto silence, bunch of extra effects, included 100% hit i think, spells are not reliable.

when i got it i finally managed to defeat a damned eagle with almost max parameters and who used sneeze at 50% chance(literally) and claimed my
extra paladin shield

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
Well, Sadly, I don't have have access to Demonica, according to a quick check using the Sketch glitch on some invisible enemies, I have access to the always lovable Murderface. Tongue

The bit of good news, it won't be that difficult to find a good place for level grinding, and I don't need that much to make the final dungeon and others easier.

Odin is the only source of Life 2, so, after I get every party member back and teach all the people who can use magic Life 2, I'll think about upgrading. Because I really don't need Mertron. Tongue +2 Magic Power is nice, but I'll probably get at least another esper with that.

Also, I feel so bad for the Red Dragon when you can nullify fire. Tongue

Update, +2 Magic Power is also on the magicite you get after Chardanook.
Or as lots of people call him, Jerk who shifts form too much. Tongue

Killed almost every dragon outside the final dungeon.
Got Fixed Dice, going to grind to the mid 40s on a group of really easy enemies, after getting the Cursed Shield uncursed thanks to the one rea where the enemies are very weak.

It's going to take awhile, even faster forwarding.

So, got the Paladin Shield. That's good. What's bad, to get a snow muffler from an ice shield, I have to fight an enemy that literally cheats and uses instant death applied to a physical attack and uses that all the time.

I really think you should make it so that at least is banned, since if it's unblockable, SPECIAL "NeedleClaw": death (unblockable), which it is, there is no way to actually stop it.

Seriously, that's bad mechanics, and it should feel bad.

Oh great, it's a death counter too. So, that means there is no way to actually beat this fight in the collisieum, because evade does nothing, image does nothing, stop/sleep/odin/etc would not work.
You really need to make it so impossible fights cannot happen, especially for the Snow Muffler, and especially for a Ice Shield bet.....
Hell, any enemy that literally has no way to stop it's abilities in the collisieum is terrible beyond words.

IMMUNE: berserk, condemned, confuse, death, imp, mute, near death, petrify, sleep, slow, stop
That's what, every status ailment possible to inflict that does anything?

Anyhow, on to the final dungeon, weird thing going on with the counter for the eight dragons, it's not properly registering that I killed everything out of the final dungeon.

I killed one of the two remaining ones and it says there's 2 left.

Update. Goddess is dead, Guardian got blown up.
Goddess has way too overtuned magic power, but other than that.
I mean, if she hits your solo character for 2700 damage after a shell on them with Bolt 2, you know she's a bit overtuned.

Why yes, I do spam Ultima with 1 MP cost....
I'm just ending a seed finally. I'm not exactly Cecil with his 20+ completed seeds without Ultima spam. Because he likes grinding apparently....
  Find

Status
None
Okay, what the hell, why will it not let me choose my character order in the final fight sequence? IT just automatically skips it the instant it shows up and goes into the fight with a completely random and nonsensical order, with no reason behind it.

Well, despite the random fight order, which has to be a bug, I won! I beat this randomizer in all it's sillyness!

Special thanks go to my mom, who apparently gave me good luck, because Fixed Dice rolled for over 6000 damage, and then the following UItima killed him.
I was wondering why he kept doing double Goners and other sillyness.

Recca, Umaro's replacement, was the only one capable of lowering down the damage done by Goner to a managable number.

Whew. Face/Long/Short Arm died after eating my face a few times, but he was by far the most annoying enemy.

Oh, Kefka thought he was Intanger so he brought him out before the fight. THat was interesting.
Who ever thought Intanger knew Bolt 3 and Fallen One. Tongue

Seriously, Kefka also had an instant death special. Please ban all instant death unblockable specials from the collisieum and the final battle, please, kay, thanks.

Seriously, that was dumb, very dumb.

Hyperdrive was just an instant you is dead, because well, like Ultima, it ignores all ways to stop it except Runic.

Edit: Started a new seed, for the heck of it, and so far, not a strong seed, but Edgar has 43 magic power to start with, and Gigavolt as a command.
Someone will later have magitek, and it has Hyperdrive in it, so every fight is GG then
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
(02-27-2017, 10:05 PM)DavidB1111 Wrote: I'm just ending a seed finally. I'm not exactly Cecil with his 20+ completed seeds without Ultima spam. Because he likes grinding apparently....

Actually, Cecil never grinds.

Congratulations on beating Beyond Chaos!

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Atma
grats for the victory, after all it's always doable so no need to change it.

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
Always doable without amazing luck, maybe not. Tongue

All things considered, it wasn't that bad. Just some trolly moments.

And cool, didn't actually know Cecil doesn't grind, which makes him a bit more masochistic than I am. Smile
Not as much as Quikdraw7777, though. Smile
  Find

Status
Atma
Me neither, aside in hell mode of ROTDS(no NG+) i never grinded in a ff6 hack

Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Status
Prowess
For the record, the random party for the final battle isn't a bug, it's mentioned in the FAQ for the randomizer.

Poison, Seizure, and Zombie all work on that Coliseum enemy. Depending on it's other stats, Jump+Poison may be useful, if Vanish isn't as feasible.

Kefka often uses two attacks a turn. Honestly, if there's one balancing thing I'd like Abyssonym to do, it's lowering Kefka's Magic Power. It just makes it so that the battle consists of surviving his first attack, and then hoping your first attack kills him. Any drawn out fights are certain to end in death, except for a couple that I've had.

Face, Long Arm, and Short Arm are difficult, but manageable. Long Arm is *usually* vulnerable to instant death, so that can help, especially if you've got an item that breaks for it(255 hit rate).

ID specials aren't as bad when you have four characters, especially when Kefka has more dangerous stuff anyways. It's still really annoying though, but the final battle is probably the most fitting place for it. HyperDrive is a fair counter when it's not guaranteed, and he has points in his script where he *won't* counter with it.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
(03-02-2017, 11:03 AM)Cecil188 Wrote: Honestly, if there's one balancing thing I'd like Abyssonym to do, it's lowering Kefka's Magic Power.

If there's one balancing thing I'd like Abyssonym to do, it's making it so that Lv. 90 Magics cannot use Meteor on the first turn.  That can be second. Tongue

Confused Moogles FTW