Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
What do you have as equipment and Espers? - specifically, you want something to possibly absorb Flare Star or have high mdef - as for Espers, use Palidor to avoid getting finished and use Bahamut to finish off Atma

Remember to use Omnislash in Remake Kungfu!
  Find

Threads: 0
Status
None
Where am I going to get Palidor or the Bahamat magicite in the World of Balance on the floating Continent? Unless I get extremely lucky, even Magicite won't help the fight at all.

And Magic defense won't do anything against Flare Star.

It just automatically does it's full damage.

None of my gear has Fire absorb or nullify.

He's literally a brick wall you can't get through.

I can do at most 2550 damage with Quasar. And surviving long enough to use 16 or so Quasars is just not going to happen without some insane combination.
Because even with Cure 2 casting every turn with my Ribbon that acts like an economizer, I can't see myself fully surviving the fight.
I can keep trying though.
Rasping a reflected party member doesn't work when he feels like randomly casting Flare Star or Flare.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Checking for something to absorb Flare Star is a good idea, as Vertigo said (EDIT: Your post came after I started writing this, I now know that you have no Fire element absorb). A rogue elemental absorption of Fire would make this pretty easy because he's heal you often when you attack. However, Magic Defense doesn't protect against Flare Star. Flare Star has its own special damage formula that only does damage based on your level (if your characters have higher levels, it will do more damage to you). Espers aren't given in a random order, so there's no chance that he has Palidor/Bahamut yet. Palidor doesn't sound like a good idea anyways, if Atma Weapon is going to cast Flare Star on each character as they land.

Atma Weapon's Speed shouldn't be a huge deal unless your menuing is slow or you are playing on Active. Usually animations take up so much time that each character should get to act once per turn of his, unless he just punches you. If you have no reservations about it, you could turn Battle Speed/Message Speed down to 6 and run to bring up the "Can't Run" message, delaying the ATB. This should slow down his attacks and make sure that each of your characters gets a turn in between his turns.

None of your characters should have Reflect, as you noticed. You can't leave people at low HP because of Flare Star, so you have to be able to use Cure 2 without provoking it.

Do you have any breakable attacking items? They could help to get some extra damage off.

Odds are that there's some way of beating him without having to rely on absurd luck.

Confused Moogles FTW
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Lockirby2 for this post:
  • Vertigo (02-19-2017)

Status
None
I have a few fire rods and what not. I think my best bet is going to constantly heal with everyone except for the one person with Quasar as a command, and hope his speed, which is almost 50, is enough. I can search for items to boost his speed and magic power, he's currently Genji Glove wearing two Enhancers, which is why he can do 2500 or so with a single Quasar. 51 Magic power can be made a bit better though.

I do use Wait, but I suppose I could set the Battle speed to 6 if I keep trying and failing.

GOT HIM!
I didn't even change the battle speed or anything.
I just equipped the Earrings and that damage bonus was enough to make Quasar do sometimes 3000 damage to him.
And since I cast haste on the person with it as a command, he died without using Flare Star beyond his normal time he uses it.

Man, what a relief!
Now on to the World of Ruin as a Celes who is a beserker....
  Find

Threads: 4
Status
None
Good Job! - Good Luck with Atma part 2 Laugh  completely forgot about Flare Star Lv formula ignores defense

Remember to use Omnislash in Remake Kungfu!
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Heh, I was about to suggest Earrings, but I assumed you already had two pairs of Earrings equipped. Glad to see it worked out.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
None
Yeah. Quasar with Two Enhancers and Magic power 51 with Earrings was all I needed, and just kept healing with the others.
THank goodness Mantra has a really easy command input.
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Status
Prowess
I personally would have suggested ForceField, if it were an option. As it stands, it looks like you made it through all right. Though at this point I would say: There's always a way through without excessive grinding. You just have to look long enough.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Status
None
Yeah. Well, the World of Ruin is full of annoying encounters so far, at least near Zozo/Maranda, making grinding a bad idea there. Smile
The reason for this complaint is a dog, no really, he is, not making a terrible joke, with forced back attack, because that makes sense to ever be a thing, not, and not only that, they love spamming Level ? pearl, and then spam Blaster twice all the time.
You hit them, sometimes they blaster twice.
They're weak to Air Anchor which is the only saving grace.

What makes them worse by a factor of 2000, is they pair with two weak cats that don't do anything, and a weird abomination thingy, I don't know what it's called, but it looks like a mutated lump of goo, and mostly shows up in the base game in the Final dungeon I think...I don't know what to call them, or even how to describe them.

Weird abomination thing doesn't seem too bad at first, but as soon as he's alone, and you hit him with an attack, he casts Blizzard, then he casts Fire Ball in the same turn.

Can we please stop the sillyness, please.

I'm also still scratching my head about what to do about our good friend Katanasoul. He's in the Cave on the Vedlt, and he has weakness to bio, which I'm going to use Poison rods exclusively on, I need that Minerva he drops, dang it, no telling how helpful that will be.
I need all the elemental resistances I can get, since there's also hairy eyeball things that spam Aero randomly.

Air Anchors being turned into Ribbons is amsuing as well. Tongue And since they have built in Economizer, they're pretty nice.
Hopefully I get a Safety Bit sometime, oh, and Offering turns into Paladin Shield, I bet that's going to be a great fight, and there are no offerings in the entire game.

Thanks randomizer, ?????? bets really needed to be the only way to get the Offering. The Offering wasn't even broken unless you combined it with The Fixed Dice. And a few others.
Ironically, the only sources of Fixed Dice is the STorm Dragon and the Final dungeon in some spot I don't know where. Tongue
This seed with Quasar is nice, except for the fact I need a miracle to get anything done in the World of Ruin, since outside battles are not a good thing as the above pointed out.

You know, maybe I shouldn't complain too much, since Mt. Zozo freaking gave me Excalibur and Ragnarok. LOL

Bwahha! The fight for the Ribbon in the Collisieum is really easy. He dies to a single Quasar!
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Status
Prowess
1. L? Pearl honestly kind of sucks, but Blaster is a bit harder to deal with. I'd try Sour Mouth if you have it, as it inflicts a couple different effects that counter Blaster (Imp, Sleep, Mute). You may also find use in the Relic Ring if you're not fighting long battles. But I guess the Air Anchor does well enough on its own.

2. Enuo may be the name of the enemy that you're thinking of. It shows up in the cave to the underwater castle.

3. Is Blizzard+Fire Ball even that bad? They're both low power, Blizzard especially, and you can hard counter that with a Flame Shield, Ice Shield, Paladin Shield, Rage Ring+Blizzard Orb, and even make it trivial with the Snow Muffler.

4. Picking up the Cursed Shield in Narshe may be helpful here. With a Paladin Shield, the only things KatanaSoul has that can deal damage are his Battle, Special, and Blow Fish, but he likely won't use his special, and his normal attack is pretty weak. With all those turns wasted, recovering from Blow Fish should be relatively easy.

5. Hopefully you can make do without an Offering. Ultima's broken enough, if you haven't banned it.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find