Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Prowess
I feel that all three of those instances are fair and balanced. I play the randomizer to have fun, after all. I don't want to have to restart the final battle at the last attack if I misinput Fight instead of my Step Mine command because the down button on my controller doesn't work so well, and rewinding during the Colosseum just removes tediousness, as I could reset after every bet to achieve the same effect, just by taking 10 times as long.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
Cecil, I have version 1.53 and there is no Rewind option in the emulator - Settings section.
What the hell is going on here?

IS there a newer version of 1.53 that's called the same and isn't on the main SNES9x page? Or any place to get it? Can you tell me the date on your SNES9x file? Mine's 4/25/11.

I really don't get this issue. IT shouldn't be a thing. I tried looking through the Config file, and it seems to be just the standard config file.

Oh, and Shadow's replacement for me thought it would be funny to leave int he Phantom Forest, where he's not allowed to leave as soon as you step foot into it. I mean, I've only played this game a lot over the last 17 years.... And I've never heard or seen that before.

Weird bug is weird.

Not to mention, the extremely low chance of him leaving if you do Sabin's scenario last.
Not quite a 1 in 2,000,000, but still.

Oh, and like Cecil, I only use rewinds for those reasons, and barely even more than just the first one.
Okay, and if anyone decides it's funny to summon Crusader. Tongue
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
for the other 2 i use savestates instead, the first one only if i feel the need of using it(most of the times before the battle starts)

i remember that shadow can always go away, except when you already entered inside the train... one time i wanted to kick him outta the party
and so i fought inside the forest(the room before the train) until he left the party.

at the 1500th post i expected to have kefka sprite under my username and i found the same that has Gi Nattak instead...? Laugh

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
That RNG treated me like CRAP, didn't it fellas??
Monster-In-A-Box doing its usual dirty work with the pincer attack of the two Blue Chupon Palette swaps that could cast CHARM!
Laugh

The only thing I had going for me was "The H-Bomb Diet".
  Find

Status
None
Well, I'm catching up on the parts I missed, and good gravy, you did stream for a long time.
So far, I saw you get that Ribbon. Tongue
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
how much lasts an AVG streaming segment of yours?

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
One thing I keep noticing on your seeds, Quik, is it seems like the random generator doesn't work correctly for you.
You get imp armor to start with too many times in a row, and you also have multiple seeds in a row that have fire skein as the first treasure in the Narshe cave.
And multiple times, I've seen essentially the same things sold in shops for you, with little variance.

Is your computer located near a black hole, perhaps? Tongue The only thing I can think of, is you're generating the seeds too close to each other, and this randomizer also uses the computer clock for some of it's calculations, or there is a limit to how large the seed is capable of being, and you're overwriting the numbers.

I'm not sure exactly. Nor do I know how to test it enough to make sure the randomness stays pure random, without you resorting to boring words like cat and dog as your new seed names. Smile Personally, I've started using 10 digit seeds with help from Random.org's true randomness.

Tenka, his average stream seems to be about 6 hours.
If the seed limit is 10 digits, any combination over it will do weird things, or it wouldn't count half of it.

Again, I'm not an expert at seed generation for RNGs, so I don't know how it functions, but I would run experiments if I were you.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DavidB1111 for this post:
  • Quikdraw7777 (12-19-2016)

Status
None
@Cecil & David

Thanks again for all of the sage-like information. You guys coached me on a few tips and tricks I never even realized! Cecil, your knowledge on all of the attack/situational formulas, as well as where all of the secret items are - is scary-impressive.

But of course, there are some secrets better left undisturbed *cough* Chuponpincerattack *cough*

Laugh
  Find

Thanks Received: 2
Status
Prowess
Hmm. So when you run the python file to randomize it, what version does it say it is? It should display "You are using Beyond Chaos version '[number].'" It will also tell you the version of the randomizer in the readme file generated along with the .smc file. The things I've seen all look like you're playing with a version earlier than version 62, which I believe is still the most recent version. So I'd have a look at that if I were you.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Status
None
Okay.

I'll have to have a look at that tonight.

Because to be honest, I'm getting tired of getting BONED on that "Generic Imp Setup".
  Find