* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
MML Challenge: Jenova

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
Once again, our two MML composers did a great job on a well known FF7 song: Jenova theme. Vote for your favorite song and comment if you want!

Gi Nattak's Version             Royaken's Version

[Image: jenova.jpg]
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
Wow...... so different this time around xD. I definitely like your opening better Nattak. The fade in is nice

[Image: 5452812CeqVF.png]
[Image: RoyakenGif_zpsacedef24.gif]
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
I am loving the difference this time very much as well. I really like the bass drum toms you have going on they are really cool. Listening to them both I realized I put my damn hi hat a little too loud, but at least I can fix that for the patch and in my game now =D
Great job!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
It's a hard decision. Royaken's version seems to have a little more happening in certain places (ugh, still can't describe music), but some of Nattak's instruments sound closer to what my ears are expecting.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
None
(09-18-2014, 08:50 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: I am loving the difference this time very much as well. I really like the bass drum toms you have going on they are really cool. Listening to them both I realized I put my damn hi hat a little too loud, but at least I can fix that for the patch and in my game now =D
Great job!

Right xD? I am making notes to change for my release as well. I like yer bass better. This is definitely going on my page

Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
It's one of those somehow didn't notice until hearing someone else's take on it kinda thing haha.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
exactly xD

Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
wow this is one of the hardest choices, they both came out amazing

I really loved the differences in both,

Royaken's gave me a more laid back feel to it which was cool, but Nattak's got me hyped and made me remember the very first time fighting that b*t*h and it was pretty much a "holy shit" moment LOL

it was very close but Mike gets my vote on this one

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 91
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
Its great to see music hacking being used more! I love both version, they're incredible, but I slightly prefer Mike's more just because to me that's how I would have pictured it to sound if it were actually 16 bit lol
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hmm... I think I'm gonna have to give this one to Gi. I dunno, it just seems to be a bit better. But dear god, this music takes me back... My first memory of this music is after Aeriths death. As a kid, that really came as a shock. I was in tears as I battled JENOVA. The music seemed sad, yet ominous at the time... any one else feel that way, or was it just me?
  Find