Poll: What SNES RPG besides the Final Fantasys & Chrono Trigger is your favorite/the best?
This poll is closed.
Lufia 2 9.09% 57 9.09%
Tales of Phantasia 4.15% 26 4.15%
Romancing SaGa 3 3.35% 21 3.35%
Illusion of Gaia 11.32% 71 11.32%
Secret of Mana 12.92% 81 12.92%
Seiken Densetsu 3 6.22% 39 6.22%
Secret of Evermore 2.07% 13 2.07%
Breath of Fire 2 4.31% 27 4.31%
Earthbound 9.41% 59 9.41%
Terranigma 3.03% 19 3.03%
Mystic Quest 0.32% 2 0.32%
Super Mario RPG 10.37% 65 10.37%
Live a Live 2.39% 15 2.39%
Dragon Quest 3 17.86% 112 17.86%
Star Ocean 3.19% 20 3.19%
Total 627 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What SNES RPG besides the Final Fantasys & Chrono Trigger is your favorite/the best?

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
don't get me wrong, I LOVE SD3 and honestly when I think about it, it does get my vote when it comes to this list

but madsiur hit the nail on the head though, I loved a lot of the songs from secret of evermore, as weird and buggy as the game was I thought it was pretty cool

but also when it comes to other music from other snes rpg's I can't remember the name of the game but it was a japanese one and it was cool as hell lolz

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
Wow you have named some awesome titles. I would say sd3, earthbound, and mario rpg tie up for me. I have played all those games multiple playthroughs. Even made sprites of those here Laugh
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 3
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Oh man, trying to decide which to pick was like being a kid in a candy store with three dollars, but in the end, Secret of Evermore gets my vote. Being born in 1988, I had the pleasure of being a kid when I first played it, and it blew my mind. Like completely. I never could get past the Stone Age back then, but my god, the music! Years later I got ahold of it along with Mario RPG AND Zombies Ate My Neighbors by trading some Tony Hawk game I could've cared less about. Smile

It's not the BEST on this list, but with the amazing music (particularly the music when you get blasted up into the air to the alchemist guy in the stone age), the cool alchemy system, and the 4-5 different time periods all crammed together, I'm sold.

Though, I hate to say it but there's one game sorely missing from this list, which would have gotten my vote in a millisecond. Treasure of the Rudras. Playing through it was like playing Square's swansong to the SNES. Interwoven storylines that could effect one another, an ATB-less battle system like FF1-3 with epic animated monsters, even a do-it-yourself magic system where you create spells through typing anything into the Enscribe option. And the music, sweet lord the music. It's quite a pity it was never released or reamde/ported in the US, so thank goodness for romhacking/translations.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
SoE was/is really an awesome experience. They did a great job of making you feel like you were in it as the boy. Jeremy Soule is the king of ambient soundtracks, which SoE really benefited from indeed. He is the same composer who did Skyrim's soundtrack which is a fun fact. My first playthough of the game was pure enjoyment.

As for Rudras, I was so close to adding it to the list here of choices, but I felt it was obscure enough where the majority of voters wouldn't even know about it sadly.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
You're right about both things haha. Rudras IS pretty obscure, though enitrely awesome. And wow, I didn't know the SoE composer also did the music for Skyrim.

I just thought of something awesome, albeit completely off topic: a Back to Future hack made out of SoE. Marty and Einstein have to find Doc Brown and get back to 1985. Or better yet, Marty and Doc are trying to find Einstein, because then you could switch off and kill things as Christopher Lloyd hahaha. Just thinking of a snesified BTtF ost makes me wish my main computer wasn't fried so I could take a stab at music editing. Laugh
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Haha BttF hack would be epic! Both myself and I know Madsiur are huge BttF fans as well.
I have taken a look at trying to do the main theme, but it was way too much to even try I think it was. But maybe someday!

Status
None
If that day comes I'd love to hear it. I'm a music junkie!
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
Treasure of the Rudras had amazing music

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Earthbound is underrated.
(Someone made this video before Earthbound was released on the Wii U VC)

[Image: 44QIhoZ.gif] Punch out in the highest difficulty in a nutshell.
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
I'd say imo it's more of a cult classic than under rated. It is so bizarre and different from the epic RPGs of that same time. People who bash it wanted another fantasy RPG I think, I love EB for exactly what it is.