Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Titan Extreme

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Ok, what will probably be the final version is up. Unless there is a major bug this will probably be it. Stationary or no, this fight won't be easy.

Notable tweaks:
  • Due to the timer running during attacks, one of Titans mechanics wasn't working properly, reordered two moves in his rotation so that stopped allies will be hit with Cave in if they are affected by stop before Titan uses Shrapnel.
  • During phase 5, Titan will use Stone Gaol on 2 allies instead of only 1.
  • There is a passive check that will wipe you almost definitely if you fail to attack Titan 3 turns in a row.
  • If casted on an ally, Vanish will be removed by Titan with Shrapnel.
  • Titan casts Quartr alongside 50 Gs in phase 3.

I didn't like the hard removal of Vanish... I feel like too many hard counters is kind of cheating and doesn't reflect good scripting but it was breaking one of my most important mechanics, namely, forcing you to dedicate one character to eating the level decrease caused my Mt. Buster (as well as making physical defense meaningful). However, counters are fine and definitely a valid tactic.

I also updated the script in the OP so that it is fully translated to include all of my custom code. It should be a little easier to look through, tho all the jumps can get complicated.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Great, i'll check it better later(probably tomorrow).

What do you exactly mean with 3 turns? 3 attack rounds of the Titan?

What is OP, anyway?

PS. Due to tests on my Czar i maxed out all 14 allies stats(manually), so i'll be happy to test them at their full power on Titan, in my first try i had barely 4 allies ready to fight. Wink

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-14-2014, 01:22 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: What is OP, anyway?

Original Post
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
(07-14-2014, 01:22 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: What do you exactly mean with 3 turns? 3 attack rounds of the Titan?

Yes, if Titan gets 3 moves in a row without his counter-script running once.

(07-14-2014, 01:22 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: What is OP, anyway?

Original Post.

(07-14-2014, 01:22 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: PS. Due to tests on my Czar i maxed out all 14 allies stats(manually), so i'll be happy to test them at their full power on Titan, in my first try i had barely 4 allies ready to fight. Wink

Bring-em on. Titan turned out to be a little harder than I had wanted him to be, but I feel like he lives up to his namesake. He definitely has no, "I just got unlucky," moments. Almost every attack is scripted. There's a lot to keep track of and I doubt many people will really take the time to learn him... Maybe I'll make easier, lower-level variants as well so people can play whichever one suits them.

I did make a no-Gem Box video of myself doing the fight (to prove to myself it could be done)... I just gotta convert it from .zst to a real video. I may post it and a guide in maybe a week or something... mainly to point out some of the scripting changes.
  Find

Status
Atma
"There's a lot to keep track of and I doubt many people will really take the time to learn him... Maybe I'll make easier, lower-level variants as well so people can play whichever one suits them."

But the need of learning his moveset is what it makes unique(strictly related to the theme of the battle)...

If you make it weaker, weaker versions won't have justice: At this point it's better that you provide a fixed save to people who doesn't want to grind more than necessary, something like allies that starts with an high level and all equips already available, so that the player just have to create his strategy and then fight.
Who wants to do his save probably will be also ready to fight the true Titan EX.

PS. it happened also in the previous update, but i forgot to comunicate it to you: while everything looked to be ok, the text name of the special was empty, that happens even in this update Surprised

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
Actually, there were 3 versions in FFXIV, there was standard Titan who appears about midway through the story, Titan HM (Hard Mode) who was an endgame fight needed to unlock your classes ultimate weapon as well as the high-end raid... and finally there was Titan EX (Extreme Mode) who was much harder and dropped gear equivalent to the high-end raid... So it wouldn't be out of line with what I wanted to do. Plus I can have the same themes without making it just as hard.
  Find

Status
Atma
Ah, ok... anyway check the edit to my previous post.

Find

Status
Obliviscence
Open FF3usME and select "Manage expanded ROM". See if "FF3usME Various Text hacks" is applied... if it is, select "Remove Patch".
  Find

Status
Atma
Done, but any special name is still empty... probably you cannot return back, after you applied the text patch...

But it doesn't matter, anyway... maybe writing it manually will be ok? Laugh

It happened a strange bug:

When the battle moves in the sky, some magic disappear from the list(no name, no mp cost, not selectable), especially life 2 Sad
Also some/all Titan EX moves i noticed that their text name becomes empty(the moves go as always)
My characters don't already have all skills learned, i avoided to learn the useless ones... could that be related to this bug?

PS. there was also a glitchy graphic spawned under the ally #2(don't know what triggered it), but seems to not affect the battle...

Find

Status
Obliviscence
Those are all extremely odd problems. Have you done anything else to the ROM other than apply the patch?
  Find