Poll: Should I make a spell that revives everyone with few HP?
This poll is closed.
Why not? 87.50% 7 87.50%
No, that's too overpowered. 12.50% 1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy ??? (FFIV Hack)

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Hi, I'm that MUGEN guy who is always chased by a hacker who loves posting spam, Pingurules. Don't worry about the spam part though.

I'm making a Final Fantasy hack based on the game FFIV. It's going along pretty fine, and I've brought a few screenshots with me.

A few spoilers here!
(Due to SNES limitations the story may seem like the original FFIV one, but I'll try to make it as different as possible. Smile )

The characters are:
Quentin(Quentn) the Scholar, Shy/Depressed/Kind personality
Xuan the Geomancer, Confident/Shy/Helpful personality
??? the (legendary) Gladiator, Humble/Careless personality
Sarah the White Fighter, Concerned/Touchy personality
Zachary(Zachry) the Black Fighter, Brave/Rude personality(like Edward Geraldine[ninja from ff4])
????? the Rune Knight, Careful/Weird personality
???? the Devout
????? the Shaman
????? the Pirate
Cid the Dancer(wait, what?)
Cliff the Onion Knight
Grey the Oracle
*might be removed*Robin the Sage (see what FE game I am refrencing?)

Story(not confirmed):
In the town of MjOnir, where Scholars take their tests(and those who want and are worthy become a Red Mage), the King, Y, feels something wrong in his castle and sends Quentn and his classmate Scholars to go around the other places in the world to see if there is anything wrong as well. And they asked around. They were shocked to hear that everyone can sense an evil presence, some places stronger than others. They went back to report. Y recounts a legend that Evil itself will attack the universe to destroy it, time and space-only (yeah, generic story right?) the power of five souls- A person experienced in white magic, a person experienced in black magic, a person experienced in Gaia magic, a person experienced in using magic to empower his weapon, and a person that can do all of the above- when merged can slay Evil, and it will go into a slumber once more. Quentin was then tasked with such a heavy mission. He wanted to Surprised *removed* as he thinks he is useless and that Y just wants to scare him and rid of him. Sarah then interrupts and tries her hardest to motivate the poor guy. He finally decides not to jump and together with Xuan and Sarah exits MjOnir to search for these five heroes. Although Quentin didn't know it, he just might be one of them...

Music:
Most likely to stay the same, but if it is modifies please don't expect masterpieces Finger It's real hard to hex.

Screenshots:
[Image: g0RBTNX.png]
[Image: Prf2882.png]

Ok, here's how I need your help! I don't want to make the game easy, so here it is. I have Raise and Arise, so should I add "Rvive" (revive everyone with low HP), or would that be too overpowered? Thanks for your opinion!

Secrets of the Game:
Easter Egg! I used my personality for Quentin's. Yeah, I'm a always depressed and sometimes emo guy who got bullied and practically tortured his entire lifetime. And of course I'm battling the urge to jump all the time. Sad
Okay, that was depressing, how about something more light-hearted? You gain levels pretty quick and end up at estimated level 85 by the endgame (you need to be level 99 for all 5 to beat the game if you're not good at ATP and maybe 90-95 for those more experienced). Oh, and my favourite White magic spell "Ultima" debuts in this game too. It has a small backstory like in Final Fantasy II. Smile

Why did I use this instead of Final Fantasy X?
FFI- You can choose party members, not what I wanted. And charge system is really bad(I mean, 9 only?).
FFII- This was what I wanted to do, but there were no hacking tools.
FFIII- Plan B, but no hacking tools either.
FFV- No hacking tools that my computer can use.
FFVI- NO. >: (
FFVII- 3D issues. I could do it, but events hacking is really hard, let alone music and spriting.
FFVIII- ^
FFIX- ^, but it would do if it has to be 3D.
FFX onwards- I can't do complex polygoning Sad

[Image: 44QIhoZ.gif] Punch out in the highest difficulty in a nutshell.
  Find

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
Wow, this sounds really Promising, Final Fantasy IV needs more Hacks. Objection!
Pingurules Wrote:Ok, here's how I need your help! I don't want to make the game easy, so
here it is. I have Raise and Arise, so should I add "Rvive" (revive
everyone with low HP), or would that be too overpowered? Thanks for your
opinion!
I guess that depends on how hard you want to make the Game itself, But, I think It will Work out if you have it cost a high amount of MP. Or if you are planning on putting summons in the Game, it'll work well as a Summon.

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
I like the idea, and I hope you do well with it. I'd like to play it and see how it all comes together.
  Find

Status
None
I think I'll name it Final Fantasy MMMCDXXXVIII. Laugh

Quote:I guess that depends on how hard you want to make the Game itself,

Final Fantasy II's difficulty. Because I just LOVE FFII.
(The one with Frioniel/Firion)

Find

Status
X-Zone
Pingurules Wrote:Final Fantasy II's difficulty. Because I just LOVE FFII.
Sweet! I can never find anyone who Particularly enjoys Final Fantasy II.
Pingurules Wrote:(The one with Frioniel/Firion)
I have never heard that one before, Which Version does that name come from?

Shine 
  Find

Status
None
(06-29-2014, 09:30 AM)Cyprus Wrote: Sweet! I can never find anyone who Particularly enjoys Final Fantasy II.
Yay! Finally a FFII fan. BTW I remember one guy whose favourite and least favourite FFs match mine exactly- take the regular FF fan and reverse their No. 1 and No. 14 around. (AKA I love FFII and hate FFVI)
(06-29-2014, 09:30 AM)Cyprus Wrote: I have never heard that one before, Which Version does that name come from?
Frioniel is Firion's full name but due to the 6 letter limit it has been dubbed Firion. The Wonderswan Colour version has Frioniel as the name (and Leonhart for Leon).

Find

Status
X-Zone
Pingurules Wrote:Frioniel is Firion's full name but due to the 6 letter limit it has been
dubbed Firion. The Wonderswan Colour version has Frioniel as the name
Ah, I see.
Pingurules Wrote:(AKA I love FFII and hate FFVI)
Oh, that's too bad.
But for what reasons?

Shine 
  Find

Status
None
(06-29-2014, 01:41 PM)Cyprus Wrote: Oh, that's too bad.
But for what reasons?

how about I PM you on this one?

Find

Status
None
Hi, I have an update and a question on hacking the game!
An update: This is probably going to be a midquel between Final Fantasy II and IV, so if that is going to happen then a Final Fantasy II character will probably show up (most likely Leon, Leila or Richard because the 3 are refrenced in FFIV)
I have also added Gaia magic to the game which consists of "condemn" from FFVGBA with my own made-up spells.
A question: I know where the battle sprites are in the ROM when I use YYCHR, but where are the portraits and world map sprites?

Find

Status
X-Zone
This is Where the Overworld Character Data is:
Code:
D8200-D84FF    Dark Knight Cecil
    D8500-D87FF    Kain
    D8800-D8AFF    Young Rydia
    D8B00-D8DFF    Tellah
    D8E00-D90FF    Edward
    D9100-D93FF    Rosa
    D9400-D96FF    Yang
    D9700-D99FF    Palom
    D9A00-D9CFF    Porom
    D9D00-D9FFF    Paladin Cecil
    DA000-DA2FF    Cid
    DA300-DA5FF    Older Rydia
    DA600-DA8FF    Edge
    DA900-DABFF    FuSoYa
    DAC00-DAEFF    Mini
    DAF00-DB1FF    Toad
    DB200-DB4FF    Pig
And Here's the Portrait data (sorry it doesn't have exactly where each Character's Portrait is Stored):
Code:
ED5C0-EEF3F

Shine 
  Find