Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
ROTDS beta testing

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
Damn, I see here the title screen only loops twice now lol... I knew it was too good to be true. I know what I'll be doing today. At least the freeze is gone though.

EDIT: Okay I think I got it working right for reals this time.

Hey guys sent out an email again with an important update (6-25-14) be sure and grab it, hopefully it will help tone down the crazy poison damage tics and regen issues in battle of popping off too much, and should make the battles overall slightly easier I'd imagine. I hope so anyway, let me know if there's a noticeable difference.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Will look into the Earth Blitz, and sorry about the Fire Dance being problematic to execute, I share your pain ever since my damn controller died. Maybe it's a good idea to change it to something that allows it to be done on a keyboard, I'll consider it anyways for the sake of keyboard users like ourselves lol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting; I have yet to have a problem executing any of the blitz's/combos, including Fire Dance. Since the game engine looks to treat diagonals as an either/or setup, I just pick which side to use and stick with it (ex: if the menu shows a diagonal up/left, then the game is looking for either up or left). I've been hitting right,right,up,up,left,left,down for Fire Dance and it works every time, controller or keyboard.
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
Gonna keep a log of my progress. I'll copy/paste it here, as well as any questions I have about mechanics/whatever else comes to mind.

I have a bad habit of grinding to Lv99 as soon as I can in
the WoR, gonna try to avoid doing that.

6/25

-Tritoch fight in the mines: I'm assuming the trick in this
version (And the previous one I played) is to poison him a few times, and just
wait. 50000 health is a lot for this point in the game. At least one gets
infinite healing with Magitek skills. Not terribly hard to deal with Rippler's
effects.

Ah… continuing to poison him helps a lot. Had a bit of a
close call when Aurora
got frozen. Normally a low level fire spell fixes that, but you can’t target
party members with magma beam.

Fight ended when Tritoch had ~20k health left. Is the fight
scripted to end then, or is it possible to kill him?

Also am I right in assuming chests still get upgraded when
you revisit certain locations? And are there any exceptions to this rule? I’m
wondering if it’s worth ignoring chests in the Fraust mines for now.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
the fight with tritoch will end the same regardless of what happens, I've beaten him before and it just plays the event

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Nattak\'d
It is scripted to end. He shouldn't be able to have all his hp depleted.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I beat him fool lolz his HP dropped 2 0 and the event played for me (it happened in a much older version tho)

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Medicated
@[b]Lord Sutebenu[/b]
[Image: buddy_offline.gif]

Blitz diagonal can be altered to a single direction. Chi-Fire (Fire Dance) has a 3/4 circle but you can press Right, Up, Up, Left, Left, Down, Down and it'll work.
I keyboard and I never have trouble with the Blitz other than forgetting them.

:Got the new rom update; Less regen/seizure tics is a good thing. It made my party nearly invincible and I couldn't beat Kefka once he had his on too. (Tritoch defense battle).

::Found the WoB Colosseum. So nice to upgrade all my gear and upgrade my old stuff to sell for more money.

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
Might be awhile before I update again, the tunnelarmor (calamity) is seriously beating me, Level 17 on both of them and it's seriously kicking my ass and the thing won't effing die, and has KO'd me numerous times. I tried a few times today but after a 13 hour shift and then seeing the defeated screen 4x, I think I'm going to retire for the night, lol.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
I'm not sure if Nattak receives updates of any sort when I change the document, so I suppose I'll just post when it is updated.

On a side note, although I'm being thorough enough that I have stuff to write, I know I'm not very far. At this rate I doubt that I will make it through the entire game before the testing phase ends, but I'll still try to cover a good deal of it.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Nattak\'d
You're right I don't, unless I have commented on something then I receive an email if someone comments on that. I have been checking though both documents though from time to time here as I thought this might be the case. I do like the document idea a lot. Either or though, or both lol.

And no problemo about the speed of your playthrough, I know I said a month, but really it's just whenever lol. You know how I do release dates XD. But yea no rush my friend, take your time!

P.S. Thanks to Madsiur, Avalon's Havoc Sword skill becomes stronger no split damage HP (like how it was in the last couple versions, that was too overpowererd for the WoB) after his dream sequence event! So that should balance it out some I'm hoping. Will send an update with that sometime soon.