* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
MML Challenge: Man With The Machine Gun

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Our two MML composers have finished their songs. For the first challenge, Gi Nattak and Royaken have worked on one of the most famous FF8 song, Man with the machine gun!

You can vote for your favorite one and leave constructive feedback in this thread.

Royaken version: https://www.ff6hacking.com/misc/mmlconte...oyaken.mp3

Gi Nattak version: https://www.ff6hacking.com/misc/mmlconte...nattak.mp3

[Image: ff8.jpg]
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Well they both Definitely have their own Strengths and Weaknesses... And it IS Surprising how Unique they both turned out.

But Nattak's, for me, just had a Stronger Presence because it filled the Ambient Space so well...
Although I think Royaken's had certain Sounds being described more Accurately.

This could have been a Compression Issue, I suppose... With both Songs at 3:02, Nattak's weighed in at 7 megs, while Royaken's was a lean 3.2 megs. I'm not sure what Programs you guys work with, but I imagine Nattak's was Compressed at something like 320kbps with a 32-bit float if it was a WAV first. It just sounded so Full.

Both you guys did a Great Job, though. I'm impressed.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Well, here's my dilemma. They're both so good that every time I listen to one, I want to vote for it. Then, I go and listen to the other, and I want to vote for that one again! Sweat

EDIT: Listening to both at the same time does not appear to solve my problem. 0_o

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
You both did an excellent Job on the Song But, I have to go with Royaken's Unique sound to the Mix. Objection!

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
(04-04-2014, 08:21 PM)MrMenzies Wrote: You both did an excellent Job on the Song But, I have to go with Royaken's Unique sound to the Mix. Objection!

While I appreciate that you'll need to actually click the vote in the poll up top or it won't count xD. I MUST HAVE VOTES \O []O/!

[Image: 5452812CeqVF.png]
[Image: RoyakenGif_zpsacedef24.gif]
  Find

Threads: 25
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
Sorry, Sad I totally forgot. You have been voted for. Laugh

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
I can't decide between them... so, since the votes are 2/3 (and I'm a little on the mood of trolling xD), I'll make this more interesting with a draw to 3.

[Image: SvEf6Yh.png]
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
Look, I think you both did a great job, I listened to both of them and if this was a race, my vote is Gi Nattak(I hope that's how you spell the screenname) over Royaken(I hope that name is right) by a nose. Both sounded good, I just had to choose one and the decision was not easy.
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Prowess
Welp, looks like I've tied it up again. I'd have to go with Royaken because there are a couple parts I prefer, although there is one note that sounds...inaccurate to me, but I'd have a hard time accurately conveying which one(also I'm not sure if it was intended or not). However, both are really good and it was rather difficult to choose the winner.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
Omg, head to head every step of the way xD

EDIT: OH NO I'M LOSING \O []O/;;!!!!

[Image: 5452812CeqVF.png]
[Image: RoyakenGif_zpsacedef24.gif]
  Find