Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
MML Challenge!

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
How it will work (in the future): Well known vg songs (songs that most likely have more than a few midis of online...you know, popular ones!) will get nominated by site members, the first 5-10 nominated will then get voted on for a week in a poll. At the end of that week, those who enter the challenge will have one week to do their best to create an MML hack of the song that got the most votes, and then submit their entry by way of a converted mp3 to this thread with a link of the song to listen to and/or download. The entries will then be voted on within a period of a week for the "best sounding one". Whichever one has the most votes at the end wins the "match" and the winner has their song placed into the site's music player.

It would be nice if we had more than 2 contenders for this... Maybe we (the Staff) can come up with some kind of a reward system if this should become something more than it is, for now it's just something to do for fun that Royaken and I were thinking of doing to challenge ourselves and make sport of it.

Rules:
- Must be a mml or custom music hack, no fruity loops FF6 sound font mixes or injects.
- Imported instruments cannot be used.
- The contenders cannot vote for the best sounding MML entry.
- Site members can only nominate one song per voting period.
- Must have at least two contenders to have a "match".
- The converted MP3 entry must be high quality. (256-320 kbps)
- Contenders must have their MML file ready to present at any time, in case of cheating accusations or any other valid reason. Or if they just want to that's okay to.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
1st Match: Friday, April 4, 2014 - Royaken vs. Gi Nattak - Song: The Man With The Machine Gun, FFVIII: Link
Winner: Gi Nattak

2nd Match: Friday, June 20, 2014 - Royaken vs. Gi Nattak - Song: Guile's Theme, Street Fighter 2: Link
Winner: Gi Nattak

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Hmm, interesting. There's no chance that I can participate, given that I don't even know half of your fancy-shmancy music words like octave. Laugh However, I'll definitely vote for things. I should try to get my brother to participate someday, although I have a feeling he won't be interested (he usually doesn't like to get involved in anything).

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 25
Status
None
(04-01-2014, 11:34 AM)Lockirby2 Wrote: Hmm, interesting. There's no chance that I can participate, given that I don't even know half of your fancy-shmancy music words like octave. Laugh However, I'll definitely vote for things. I should try to get my brother to participate someday, although I have a feeling he won't be interested (he usually doesn't like to get involved in anything).

This is gonna be super fun AND slightly nerve wracking xD. Also, MML importing is pretty easy to get the hang of once you get going xD. I learned MOST of what I know now in.... 3-4days. I did have help though.

Best thing to do in my opinion would be to watch the tutorial Nattak made and create a template similer if not exact to his or I can upload the Template for you. Then follow along with a song similer in size.

GAME ON NATTAK ;[ Laugh Hold on Hit

[Image: 5452812CeqVF.png]
[Image: RoyakenGif_zpsacedef24.gif]
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
I'm thinking now maybe after this one we should also allow the other kind of custom music hacking to be able to enter? The harder more time-consuming manual way. I doubt we will get any more contenders by doing so, but for instance one of the site users tsushiy is a great music hacker of that method... Let's keep it strictly MML for now, and if any other music hackers wish to join then we can reconsider.

Status
None
(04-01-2014, 03:41 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: I'm thinking now maybe after this one we should also allow the other kind of custom music hacking to be able to enter? The harder more time-consuming manual way. I doubt we will get any more contenders by doing so, but for instance one of the site users tsushiy is a great music hacker of that method... Let's keep it strictly MML for now, and if any other music hackers wish to join then we can reconsider.

I can agree to that with an eye twitch xD. I still have a hard time understanding notes in general. So putting them in via code is like.... ew Tongue. Though I CAN learn Sweat

EDIT: For some reason I can't get an instrument at the beginning of a song to play as loud as I want it to no matter what I seem to do.... This challenge may be over before Friday Hmm

EDIT2: THE GAME IS ON! I think I got it down finally xD. Let's see what tmw brings. Wonder if I can beat Nattak Objection!

Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Winner of the first match: Gi Nattak, by a hair.

2nd Match: Friday, June 20th, 2014 - Royaken vs. Gi Nattak - Song: Guile's Theme - Street Fighter II/Super Street Fighter II

Rule changes since last match: Only original FF6 instruments are aloud, no imported.

If there are any others who are able and would like to take part in this mml challenge or others in the future, please do!

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
Oh man, I really wish I could join you guys on this one. But I'm only learning the basics for Music Hacking now. Cover

BTW: Congrats Nattak for Winning the Previous Challenge. Objection!SmileHold on

Shine 
  Find

Status
None
You're goin DOWN Nattak D:<!

Find

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
The Guile's Theme goes with Royaken's & Gi Nattak's Showdown
CoverHitObjection!LaughHold on;[What?!SweatFinger

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I'd like to see how this one turns out

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC