Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FFVI - Children of Vector

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I hear you man good luck to ya

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
you were talking about me?

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Zombie
I am still waiting for this to grow and it may sound stupid but what is the Iris Project?

Sorry about the double post but I figured the Iris Project is about the 15th man right lol had a brain fart Tongue
  Find

Status
Atma
so... how 'bout the difficulty of your hack? i still waiting for an answer... Huh

What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I was speaking to Edrin

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Atma
ok, the question about the difficulty is still opened anyway... Hmm

Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
The premise for this project is so damn cool I'd prefer it not become too much of a challenge. That's just my two cents.
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
(05-30-2014, 04:58 PM)tenkarider Wrote: Since i don't have much time, i usually only see the projects... but this time it may be different: the story sounds great, i've always wanted to see some kind of spin-off for unanswered questions... if you use your chance properly, i'll even be ready to play your hack, but since i'm an hardcore player, i must ask you to do a difficult game... after all it makes sense: you're not terra, celes, sabin, etc... i mean, they're hero, unmatchable fighters compared to normal humans.
Vicks/biggs and wedge are common humans, they belong to the empire, so they're trained soldiers, maybe they're elite soldiers, but surely cannot stand the level of the three generals(celes, leo and kefka).
It's normal that they would have hard times to survive in a world like that. what's your opinion?

It saddens me that in order for the game to be "hardcore" to you, it must be extra difficult. Games like this aren't built for their difficulty level, they are built to tell a story, to teach us something about the world or ourselves... a "hardcore" game should be something that is true to its concepts, core beliefs, and characters. Hardcore gamers are not sadists in gamer form, they are true fans of the hearts of the games and look at cheap, bastardized rip-offs and spiff-ups designed to sell more titles as something that takes away from the community. Making a game that is OMGSOHARDITSAWESOMEONLYHARDCOREGAMERSPLS is really just something to puff up gamers who get a high on challenge, not turn them appropriately introspective, something FF6 did beautifully. So if that is what you are looking for in my game, you may want to look elsewhere for your hack of choice.
[/rant]

Sorry, just a personal rant of my own. You may not have even meant that to the extreme I took it, but since its my thread, I took the opportunity to rant. I still like you Tenk. And don't get me wrong, I appreciate a good challenege and look at the glorified cutscene gameplay a lot of modern games have as the same cheap tactic that takes away from a game just as much as pointlessly difficult gameplay. I'm just not willing to sacrifice the pacing of the story for needless challenge. And I will qualify this by saying I thought MM9 was pretty easy on my first playthrough and Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled's encounter rate didn't bother me... so I think I have a generally high tolerance for what is considered "difficult".

Now... all that being said, the game will probably be a bit harder overall, complete with mega- and optional bosses scattered throughout the gameplay (not just at the end) and I do want to have a noticeable difficulty spike late-game, so I don't think many people will be disappointed. However, the point of the hack isn't to make it hard, its primarily a story-telling hack, so I doubt it will be too artificially boosted with bosses that take forever to kill when endurance fights say more about the amount of time the player has to waste rather than any actual measurement of "skill" associated with an RPG.
  Find

Threads: 25
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
Well said Edrin, Well said.

Shine 
  Find

Status
Atma
obviously the first block about me isn't right Sad, in order to avoid further misunderstandings, i'll explain better what i mean with hardcore. wait, it's better to separate hardcore from difficult, i usually say hardcore for both of them, cause on internet they put hardcore word near to difficult stuff, so i risk to say a wrong concept Surprised
If u mean that hardcore is more like the story, feelings that gives a game, etc. then i'm totally agree and i feel the same.
about difficulty... i don't want something extreme, i simply want at least a challenging game: it's better to make some example Laugh

- Original ff6 snes: one of the best game of history... but there's a problem, wor optional bosses are crappy in some aspects: the magimaster casts really powerful spells and it should be quite strong... then why they must let him vulnerable to berserk and make him a mindless zombie??? why the doomgaze must keep the damage received? why the dirt dragon AI becomes crazy and continue to cast 50 Gs if you keep the party in status float? that's an example, why should i reach lv 99 with my party, farming best gears, get the best parameters from espers, etc if my party can smash any boss at lv 30? there's not a reward to your efforts, that's the case in which too easy is a negative point Hmm

- ff6 advance gba: they put new stuff, new boss and the dragon's den, not a cheap way to make buy the same game to all the fans, they're actually great new features that i played with pleasure, the ice dragon becomes an overwhelming 5x boss fight, the earth dragon hits really hard, the red dragon reveals a survival battle, they even make change your approach to the enemies, without mention kaiser, omega and soul shrine Wink They balance the fact that your party in ff6 is overpower, no matter what. The remake for me is the only game in my story that i'm ready to judge a 10/10.

got the example? from you i'd like something like that... ff6 advance wasn't extremely difficult, it was simply a good challenge.

since i said i have few time, i cannot play all ff6 hacks of this site just because they all have a nice story, they must also have something more... your hack has an amazing plot, so it may be my number one choice, but if the whole bestiary becomes beatable when my party reach lv 30... THAT would be really sad. It would be nice if the level of my party should be 50-70 to beat optional bosses, plus the secret final bosses that you may beat at lv 70-80 with great effort, but it would be still a good challenge at lv 99.

If you make an extreme game, then people may refuse to play it, and that would be a waste for a story like that, as you can see i don't want something like that... It would be too much quick, judge me as an only-difficulty-games-player just because i say hardcore, talking about difficulty and maybe because recently i released my ultimate Czar challenge(that is actually beyond the extreme Laugh).

Now that i explained me better, it's all ok? good luck with your project! Smile

Find