Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Special Ability Preliminary Voting

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Iris needs something to do in battle! We are up to preliminary voting for our special ability. We had a lot of really good submissions for this, any of which would make a great mechanic for our brand new character. But sadly, we can only have 1... maybe two. So lets take a look at what YOU came up with:

Aether, Current Votes = 4 (Click to View)

Dark Magic, Current Votes = 2 (Click to View)

Summon, Current Votes = 3 (Click to View)

Malady, Current Votes = 6 (Click to View)

Fuse/Wild Magic, Current Votes = 7 (Click to View)

Absorb/Unleash, Current Votes = 0 (Click to View)

Each member gets 2 votes, as per usual, and they must be bolded in order to count. Members may use one of their votes for their own submission. Also, go ahead and throw in your 2 cents about whether or not you think we should give her standard magic or an alternate ability for her 3rd menu slot... or maybe leave it blank... or whatever else you can think of. This will help us determine how to move forward with the project. Thanks!

And in case you have fogotten, here is our character so far:

Name: Iris Havengard
Background (Click to View)
Theme Music
[Image: imgshk.png]
[Image: imgshk.png]
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
My first vote is for Fuse. I think that it would make a versatile ability, and it would fit very well with her character.

My second vote is for D. Magic, because I think it's fairly easy to tweak to our liking if it's implemented. I'm not sure if I'm just biased, here, though. I really like Absorb as well, but the main issue I see is that much of the time it will result in an ordinary Fight command, and it doesn't work in boss fights.

Also, Edrin, on the concept of a FakeMustcheish item, would you consider using it to implement more than one suggestion (for example, changing Aether to Malady, or just giving her Aether and having the relic change Magic to D. Magic, etc.)? It would be that much harder to pull off in terms of actually hacking it in, but it would allow more people's suggestions to get through.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
Obliviscence
I think, for now, we should just stick with the one we are voting for, and discuss changes like FakeMustache later. Typically in these situations, you are going from a simple ability to another simple ability. These changed abilities also normally sport some form of auto-selection (like slots or paint). I don't think it would be very efficient to go from a menu based ability to something else. Perhaps we could go from an auto-select ability to making the same ability menu-based? I don't know. In the end, its up to the community and, to a lesser extent, those doing the ASM.
  Find

Threads: 14
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
Giving my review for each submission:

- Aether: I like this ability . The combination between Tools and Dance is very good. I like the fact that you are able to control your character even he executed Aether once.
The Mana Orbs idea is very good. I'm just not sure about the changes this will fit her character. Otherwise is good.

-Malady: If you ask me, this is an upgraded-extension gave to the Desperation Attack. The idea is creative enough, anyway. If this will get implemented, I think it should act on random ocassions, because this would give some risks(at latest, when you are posioned). I hope the abilities will not be only psyhical attacks. I think some of them should be curative spells or something like that.

-Summon, Fuse/Wild Magic : Summon is pretty much the "beta version" of the Fuse/Wild Magic idea.
I don't really know what to say. Summon can call an esper unlimited times in battle(which would help a lot when colecting items with Ragnarok).I don't really like Summon so much.
Fuse, if that list of 6-9 espers will be included, Iris will pretty much end up like a mini-summoner more than an Imperial experiment. Unless the Wild Magic relic is not worn by her, she will risk to became what I said above. I support Wild Magic itself more than Fuse and Summon together.

I don't have the time to review more right now, but I will come back and vote too Tongue

When will the Special Ability Preliminary will end? I hope not tomorrow Finger

[Image: kung_ku.png]
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Voting for Fuse and Malady. (Not voting for my own, since I honestly think Fuse is a better version of the same basic concept.)
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
This is going to sound rather...cheap...but I vote for:

Aether and Summon

but not in the traditional sense. I think both could be implemented simultaneously.
I prefer to think of the Aether ability as Iris consuming the spiritual essence of powerful entities, granting her their powers, but not being able to control them. I like Summon because it hearkens to her unstable and immoral infusion of espers, and in the same sense, she is really actually consuming the esper itself being able to force its pure essence out as much as she likes and cast all of its powers.

With the "Magic" command you might be able to pull off the 'Esper Magic' and give her constant access to the 'summoning' in the magic window. This will give her Magic, but unlike the others, she won't have access to each and every spell, which is why Aether would boost her playability by giving her very powerful (however uncontrollable) abilities that no other character has access to.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
Fuse and Dark Magic.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 8
Status
Well-Fed
Aether and Malady

As for my two cents on the third command slot, I do think we should go with her having Magic.

Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
I'm going to go with Aether and Malady. But I would definitely consider using something like Summon instead of Magic if we decide to go that route. Tho, I am partial to giving Iris a full magic list of her own.
  Find

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Ill vote for "Fuse" and "Malady"
Heres my 2 cents:
Aether: Im liking it, however i dont like the random part. Random characters in FF6 are fun to use, but rarely as usefull as the other characters.
Dark Magic: I dont think this will be balance-able.
Malady: An idea to make it a little bit less situational, if she has no status ailment and uses malady, it could activate rippler. Also, Cursed Shield + Rippler = Op Tongue

[Image: rrj.gif]
  Find