Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Iris Havengard Personality discussion

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
Something that might be a little more feasible, should we choose to do something like that, would be BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder). It's kinda on the cusp of personality disorders without being totally crippling most of the time.

wikipdeia Wrote:Borderline personality disorder (BPD) (called emotionally unstable personality disorder, borderline type in the ICD-10) is a cluster-B personality disorder whose essential features are a pattern of marked impulsivity and instability of affects, interpersonal relationships, and self image. The pattern is present by early adulthood and occurs across a variety of situations and contexts.[1] Other symptoms may include intense fears of abandonment and intense anger and irritability that others have difficulty understanding the reason for.[1][2] People with BPD often engage in idealization and devaluation of others, alternating between high positive regard and great disappointment.[3] Self-mutilation and suicidal behavior are common.[4]

Essentially, this person has a very low self-image and is highly suspicious of others motives all the time. Depending on their mood, they can think someone the greatest person on the planet, but other times they are truly the worst thing they have ever encountered, and each situation is met as though this were always true instead of acknowledging that they are swinging back and forth. They tend toward very black and white ways of thinking, and it is nigh-impossible for someone with BDP to fight off their own emotions, particularly anger. However, in stable environments with stable people, the effects of BPD can be significantly mitigated, but can pop up at pretty much any time if a wrench is thrown into the system. Trust is very important but very hard to obtain.`

IMO even this might be a little extreme for the 15th Man, but I figured I should lay it out there anyway, since we are talking disorders.
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Not sure how I feel about her having a split personality. I think that would be too much, and having her schizophrenic or somewhat uncontrollably chaotic would make her too similar to Kefka. We don't want her to be him, he took the experiments and turned into something outrageously hateful and angry, and sad.

I kind of like a combination of Gi Nattak's and Edrin's mixed together. Without the whole speech problem. Let's not forget she did actually grow up in a civilized environment. I mean she was a sailor's daughter first and foremost, so possibly she could be a bit too sharp with what she says.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I feel it could work, if and only if you go about it the right way,

an example would be that, she is somewhat quiet and to herself at times due to her traumatic experience, but when push comes to shove, the "inner beast" in her (so to speak) comes out and she becomes extremely violent and aggressive

just some food for thought

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC