Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Here is my submission:

Vela Sable

Here is my reasoning:

In all of Final Fantasy VI, the women (and girl) all have names based of something that in a way, is resultant from something about them, as well as opposition or similarity. One such example of this is Terra and Celes. The naturally magical women we have come to love (or say we do to avoid flaming, or iceburn). It is by now, no secret that Terra and Celes were given these names quite consciously to direct their differences. Where Terra learns fire, poisons, and "Earth" based things, being named after Good ol' Terra Forma herself, Celes is the opposite. She knows coldness, celestial spells are her forte. Forces different from that of earth. She is named after the stars. Now let's take a look at Relm. Nothing really immediate jumps out at you? What does she do (assuming the glitch doesn't happen) ? She bends realities, manipulating dimensions, realms; if you will. Her name reflects her innate ability to divert and twist the very nature of something two-dimensional and turn it three-dimensional.

Now we don't yet know what 15th Man's battle mechanics and speciality is going to be. But I chose to give her something that somewhat contrasts, yet more so compares to Relm. Something far different than Terra and Celes. Something beyond Earth and Stars. Dimension and Time. Whereas Relm is dimension, Vela; being Pali for "time" would be representative of yet another facet that the other women are named after. Her last name; Sable, is French for "sand". Fitting for it could very well mean the sands of time itself, showing that life is insignificantly short, or vastly important because of this, or simply "sand" because she hails from Figaro (while South Figaro has no sand to speak of, it could be somewhat humorous that her last name represents what the capitol is surrounded by).

That's my reasoning, plus I just think that Vela Sable is something both simple yet appropriate for this character.
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
(08-20-2013, 12:16 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Could Jade and Sara maybe be part of the final poll without anyone submitting them?

I'm willing to take Sara to the Preliminary Thread-Based voting, but not the final poll unless it gets enough votes to make it there. But I'm not sure what to do about a last name... Probably just let it move on without a last name... thoughts?
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Sara Jade? XD

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.