Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
A couple Esper/Monster Sprites from the scrap...

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I decided it's about time I showed off my true skills here. A Year ago, I was part of a team making a Byond Fangame called Final Fantasy 6: Return of the Espers. Sadly Square Enix jumped in and told the owner of Byond to remove them all or go to court, so before the project could start, it was scrapped. I was the lead spriter from that group with 3 others, I was focus on making the monster sprites since a year before I challenged myself to make a test sprite following the same art style.

[Image: Blaze_zps41f0f644.png] [Image: Burning-Blaze_zps5823024d.png]
Blaze the Cat:
Original Purpose: Boss/Esper
Original Boss Description: Blaze was planned to be a boss that become Magicite similar to how Gilgamesh joins you in FF6 Advance. She focuses on Fire spells and uses Blaze Tornado that hits the entire Party. During the battle, she'll transform into Burning Blaze where she's at her strongest. She adds Meteor as well as a boost to her spells and defences. Using Ice or Water elements reverts her.
Original Esper Info: Blaze would be summoned in her Burning form. She would use Blaze Tornado on the opposition. She teachs Fira (x10), Firaga (x5) and Meteor (x2) and gives no lvl Bonuses.

[Image: Gardevoir_zps0c1ba767.png]
Gardevoir:
Original Purpose: Esper
Original Esper Info: Gardevoir is quite unique as a summon. When summoned, it'll either attempt to put the opponent to sleep or muddle them, or grant your party the Shell or Protect Status using Elegant Dance (similar to Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, Light Screen and Reflect in Pokemon). She teaches Confuse, Sleep, Protect and Shell at a x10 rate as well as gives Magic +3.

[Image: Orbonaut-SLZ_zps151cceef.png] [Image: Orbonaut-LZ_zps84d67f06.png]
Orbinaut:
Original Purpose: Monster
Original Monster Info: Like the Sonic games, Orbinaut is immune to all Melee attacks and will counter with Attack. Orbinaut will crawl towards you like a Tonberry and when close enough will start hitting with Critical Attacks. The Red ones work differently to the green ones and attack regardless. The forth attack becomes Final Toss which will remove its Immnity to Melee attacks and halving attack.

The above are just ideas that may or may not be possible to recreate in FF6 but were planned to happen in the scrapped game. Feel free to use them however you like but I would like some credit for them.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Halkel for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (10-05-2016)

Threads: 76
Thanks Received: 9
Thanks Given: 13
Status
None
Its very nice, good work!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Those are really cool sprite! I want to see more!
  Find

Status
None
Thanks, it's quite hard to recreate the style but fun at the same time. I suppose there's one sprite I could reveal. I didn't release it due to the fact its not part of the ceased project.

A fan of a certain anime should recognise this character.
[Image: Serenity_zps03e4afdb.png]
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Well I'd reckon that's Usagi Tsukino.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(08-07-2013, 04:51 PM)Halkel Wrote: A fan of a certain anime should recognise this character.
[Image: Serenity_zps03e4afdb.png]

Angelo would love her.
  Find

Status
None
Yep, in more legit terms. Princess Serenity from the final battle of the "Beryl Saga". I made this just because I felt like it. It was to have the other 4 (separately due to colour limitations) but I only made Makoto Kino and kinda lost interest XD. I lost the screenshot as well I used as a base, so that one's all it will be unless I bother to continue it. I don't think its even possible to use all of them anyways in a single summon (which this is technically designed to be). The Gardevoir sprite above was the inspiration to the making of that.
  Find