Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sprite Sheet submissions thread!

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
I am excited to announce the opening of the sprite sheet submissions thread for the 15th Man Project!

Since we never received any real submissions for the concept art, the sprite sheets are open for personal interpretation of the concept and history already made for our 15th Man.

Sprite submissions can be made in any format, as long as they show all of the individual sprites clearly, however, you will be expected to produce either an FF3usME new style png, an FF3SE png, or a Relm Sprite Editor bin file. Partial sheets are encouraged to keep the thread active as well as encourage feedback and help among spriters. We are all in this together, so lets make the best sprites we can. Remember, you must use a unedited battle palette between 0-5 and only the first 12 colors in order for the game to display the sprite properly in all cases, so please remember that criteria during your creation process.

All submissions should be made in IMG tags. If you need help getting your picture online you can PM me or ask for help here.

Feel free to discuss each other's submissions, give tips, help, suggestions, but try to stay positive. If you make changes to your submission, please update your original post with the new upload.

Here are our guidelines for your submissions, please read them carefully...

Character Concept:
Code:
The Implacable Experiment

This character is an individual who has had close contact with the Empire after being used for human (or esper) experimentation in the Magitek Facility and has taken on a grotesque appearance. This character is aware of their disturbing appearance and their primary drive is to seek vengeance against those who have wronged him/her and to see that they are brought to justice.

This character would work well in FF6 as they would serve to show the more cruel and inhumane side of the Gestahlian Empire, especially when you consider how much Terra's past is lacking in filling in the darker parts of the Empire's history. This character would also ideally have a somewhat strange fighting style which would vary from the other characters, they also by merit of being a Magitek experiment could have a natural magic learning list.

Character History:
Code:
The Betrayed Young Citizen

Back history: This daughter of a South Figaro sailor was raised by a lonely old woman from Vector after the boat transporting her and her father sunk near the Southern Continent. She was then taken prisoner by the Empire in her teenage years after the old woman died an that Emperor Gestahl adopted a secret law to capture homeless [and unwanted] citizens for Magitek experimentations. During her captivity, she developed her hate towards the Empire that she was considering once her second home.

Possible encounters: She might have been in contact with Cid and/or Kefka and/or Celes during her captivity. She might also have been in contact with some Espers and talked with them. This all depends on how we want to develop her back story and the game events.

Pros:
- Rich backstory and relations with the actual characters of the game if we want any.
- Explain well why the character feels doubly betrayed by the Empire and explain her hatred.

Cons:
- Might require a lot of event creation, but isn't this the goal of this hack? ;)

And lastly, the winner of the sprite submissions will receive the custom title of "15th Man Submissions Winner" added to their username as well as getting a special username color.

Happy Hacking!
  Find

Threads: 76
Thanks Received: 9
Thanks Given: 13
Status
None
This is my submission, the sprite use palette no1 (Locke's palette). She's wearing a mask to hide her scars from differents experiments the empire made on her.

[Image: k9t2ak2l559gyae4g.jpg]

We could use this monster sprite if we want the party to fight her.
[Image: wgjg1ia51n3xnnf4g.jpg]
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
Wow, that is very impressive Astaroth! Awesome sprite and concept.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 76
Thanks Received: 9
Thanks Given: 13
Status
None
Thank you Gi Nattak! :-)
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
its not bad

I see how you went about it

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Obliviscence
Just out of curiosity: is anyone working on more spritesheets for this? I have one that's still pretty early (it takes me a looooong time to sprite). I just want to get an early headcount if possible.
  Find

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 6
Status
None
(08-01-2013, 01:10 PM)Edrin Wrote: Just out of curiosity: is anyone working on more spritesheets for this? I have one that's still pretty early (it takes me a looooong time to sprite). I just want to get an early headcount if possible.

possibly...been pretty busy here lately, but i do have an idea floating around in my head. Just need some time to try and work on it hahaha
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I have an idea I would like to attempt, but I've just been crazy busy the last little while. I'll try to submit at least a mockup with a front and side sprite.
  Find

Status
Obliviscence
(08-02-2013, 09:02 AM)Tin Man Wrote: I have an idea I would like to attempt, but I've just been crazy busy the last little while. I'll try to submit at least a mockup with a front and side sprite.

Tin Man! I was starting to wonder where you'd been. Did you get my PM? Don't leave me hanging... have a heart. Wink
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Yeah I'm still kicking around Edrin. I've been lurking, just not posting much. Been busy with work and family stuff and moving, also doing a spriting project for someone else on the forum right now.
  Find