Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Snow Tiles

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 3
Status
None
I ran a search, but all I got was the Final Fantasy 13 character, which was neither use nor ornament, lol.

I'm currently mapping out my WoB, and it occurs to me: Final Fantasy doesn't have hemisphere. No poles. So on FF6LE, I fiddle with some of the palette options to see if there's anything remotely resembling snow. I found one that became a pretty ice patch, but no snow.

May I please have others' opinion as to what they would do? I'm thinking that I may have to create and then import it as a new tilemap. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  Find

Status
None
So after nearly 48 hours scouring the internet and here for ways to alter the L1 map tiles of the WoB, it looks like a its a no go. I've scoured the offset, and have nothing important to speak of in terms of finds. Unless someone else can help me, this might as well be closed
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
What exactly are you trying to achieve, more tiles in the set or just replacing tiles?

Outside of simply decompressing the WoB tilemap and then creating your own snow tile(s) to put in place of another tile or tiles in the set, I'm not sure what else you could do really. I don't think expanding the tileset is an option, as to keep all the original tiles and include new snow ones.

I am also interested in snow tiles, I was contemplating replacing a tile for one, but just one might not look good =/

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
Well, I'm planning on taking a leaf from The Elder Scrolls, and having a non circumnavigateable globe set in a larger world, played on continents. So, for this, I don't need a Veldt. I was going to replace all Veldt marked tiles for snowy/icey equivalents. This might seem a basic premise, but I've only ever moved tiles around. Superficial stuff, you know? This is quite a large undertaking for me, and I'm currently at a loss.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
This tutorial here will help you to hack in new tiles, it's the only way to get at those compressed graphic sets.
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...hp?tid=848

You would search for the WoB tileset offset in that pastebin:
2F134F 2F344F GFX Yes World of Balance Tile Graphics

Then input the starting and ending offsets into Peer Sprite Viewer etc. etc., just follow the tutorial.

It, like anything, has a bit of a learning curve, but it's a smooth process -- the hard part (at least for me) would be creating the actual snow tiles in yy-chr. Just make sure your ROM is headered when using Peer Sprite Viewer or it won't work.

Report back here if you run into any trouble with the process. And be sure and back up your ROM before attempting it.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • Ethereal Blaze (07-24-2013)

Status
None
That's the tutorial I've been looking at, but I couldn't find the right offsets, so that's a huge help, thanks. And my rom is lacking a header, that might explain a few things

I seem to have a problem. I downloaded a clean, headered rom, checksum ok, and ZSnes confirms this, as does Data Crystal, but FF6LE thinks the opposite...
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
although this sint impossible it will be hard, you will most prob have to make it the desert or grass and replace it in yychr

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-24-2013, 02:22 PM)Ethereal Blaze Wrote: I downloaded a clean, headered rom, checksum ok, and ZSnes confirms this, as does Data Crystal, but FF6LE thinks the opposite...

I think you need to have an expanded ROM if you FF6LE Rogue.
  Find

Status
None
I'm not using the Rogue version, I don't have .net high enough, and I'm only online via my cell

Jameswhite89, I was thinking that, too. Even outside of YYCHR, the desert on palette 0 looks good for ice
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-26-2013, 02:03 AM)Ethereal Blaze Wrote: I'm not using the Rogue version, I don't have .net high enough, and I'm only online via my cell

I think what I've said is good for both version of FF6LE. I can't test it since I'm at work but you should try running the program with an expanded ROM.
  Find

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Ethereal Blaze (07-26-2013)