Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Concept Art Submissions Thread

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
I am excited to announce the opening of the concept art submissions thread for the 15th Man Project!

Submissions for concept art can be in any format you care to make it. These can be hand-drawn images, pixel art, or even clay sculptures, it simply needs to show us what you think our 15th Man should look like. What I don't want to see in this thread are any sprites. Those will be next.

All submissions should be made in IMG tags. If you need help getting your picture online you can PM me or ask for help here.

Feel free to discuss each other's submissions, give tips, help, suggestions, but try to stay positive. If you make changes to your submission, please update your original post with the new upload.

Here are our guidelines for your submissions...

Character Concept:
Code:
The Implacable Experiment

This character is an individual who has had close contact with the Empire after being used for human (or esper) experimentation in the Magitek Facility and has taken on a grotesque appearance. This character is aware of their disturbing appearance and their primary drive is to seek vengeance against those who have wronged him/her and to see that they are brought to justice.

This character would work well in FF6 as they would serve to show the more cruel and inhumane side of the Gestahlian Empire, especially when you consider how much Terra's past is lacking in filling in the darker parts of the Empire's history. This character would also ideally have a somewhat strange fighting style which would vary from the other characters, they also by merit of being a Magitek experiment could have a natural magic learning list.

Character History:
Code:
The Betrayed Young Citizen

Back history: This daughter of a South Figaro sailor was raised by a lonely old woman from Vector after the boat transporting her and her father sunk near the Southern Continent. She was then taken prisoner by the Empire in her teenage years after the old woman died an that Emperor Gestahl adopted a secret law to capture homeless [and unwanted] citizens for Magitek experimentations. During her captivity, she developed her hate towards the Empire that she was considering once her second home.

Possible encounters: She might have been in contact with Cid and/or Kefka and/or Celes during her captivity. She might also have been in contact with some Espers and talked with them. This all depends on how we want to develop her back story and the game events.

Pros:
- Rich backstory and relations with the actual characters of the game if we want any.
- Explain well why the character feels doubly betrayed by the Empire and explain her hatred.

Cons:
- Might require a lot of event creation, but isn't this the goal of this hack? ;)

One final tip: Because we are working within the restrictions of the original game, it is most likely we will be forced to use an existing palette for the spritework. It may help our spriters later if the concept art uses similar colors to avoid confusion later.

Happy Hacking!
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
We have a lot of talented artists on this site...but I'm not one of them. Laugh I wanted to try and submit something for as many categories as possible to keep the ideas flowing, but I'll have to bow out of this one (unless you feel like having a stick figure for a character Smile)

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 76
Thanks Received: 9
Thanks Given: 13
Status
None
I'm working on a character! The problem is its a sprite sheet lolll I didnt knew it was supposed to be a draw or a something else than a sprite.

I've made a monster sprite. It is a female dragoon.
For the grotesque appearance, I dont know what it could be. Maybe some marks on the body or we could make her wear a mask if she is difigured. I would like to know more precision on this grotesque appearance thing. What do we want? lolll
[Image: u4w308zds8qheus4g.jpg]

Update:
This is my concept art:
[Image: 7r5k7jo3hvab2254g.jpg]
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
I'm not much of a fully custom spriter, but I do modify them a bit to my liking. Here is a sprite I edited by adding muscles, fatter legs, different head, shoulder pads, wings. The "EXPERIMENT". I'd add more stuff but at the moment I'm busy with tons of sprites.

[Image: SsGxLib.png]
  Find

Threads: 7
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
If its a woman, white hair and a red eye: half magitek, half sexy Tongue

[Image: rrj.gif]
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
I just received word from the site staff that the winners of the various categories for submissions for the 15th Man Project will get an optional custom title of "15th Man Submissions Winner" and a username color yet to be determined. So lets see those submissions, Hoping to see some work for our character described in the initial post.

In the event we don't receive any formal submissions fitting our description, we may simply move on to sprite sheets, which is much more the forte of our members.

What do you all think? At the end of the week, how should we handle a situation with no formal submissions?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-26-2013, 10:01 AM)Edrin Wrote: What do you all think? At the end of the week, how should we handle a situation with no formal submissions?

I think we should go with the sprtiesheet submission right away unless we have three or more concept art submissions.
  Find

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 6
Status
None
I am a little confused - which of the two characters are you looking for concept artwork for - the implacable experiment or the betrayed young citizen? or have I missed something and they are the same?

As far as concept art, I see some monster sprites up. Is along that lines good, or a single sprite, or a hand drawn item.

And when is the deadline?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-26-2013, 01:38 PM)ribbits Wrote: I am a little confused - which of the two characters are you looking for concept artwork for - the implacable experiment or the betrayed young citizen? or have I missed something and they are the same?

It's the same character. You have to combine the character concept and character history together.
  Find

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 15
Thanks Given: 11
Status
Mental-Break
(07-26-2013, 02:34 PM)Madsiur Wrote:
(07-26-2013, 01:38 PM)ribbits Wrote: I am a little confused - which of the two characters are you looking for concept artwork for - the implacable experiment or the betrayed young citizen? or have I missed something and they are the same?

It's the same character. You have to combine the character concept and character history together.

LOL if i knew that i would have made a woman.. anyways im terrible in spriting hair.. happy spriting all..
  Find