Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
ZONE DOCTOR - FF6 Editor v3.18.4 (formerly FF6LE) *EVENT EDITING SUPPORT*

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 6
Status
None
I had the below error before, and have not been able to access the event scripts tab since. Everytime I click event scripts tab i get the same error:

ZONEDOCTOR, Version=3.18.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

**************Exception Text**************
Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at ZONEDOCTOR.EventScripts.UpdateScriptOffsets(Int32 index)
at ZONEDOCTOR.EventScripts.UpdateScriptOffsets()
at ZONEDOCTOR.EventScripts.RefreshEditor(EventActionCommand eac)
at ZONEDOCTOR.EventScripts.GotoAddress(Int32 input)
at ZONEDOCTOR.EventScripts..ctor()
at ZONEDOCTOR.Program.CreateEventScriptsWindow()
at ZONEDOCTOR.Editor.openEventScripts_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

**************Recent Event History**************
MouseDown "openEventScripts" | X:59,Y:5 | Form "Editor" | 7/29/2013 8:49:13 PM
LOADED ZONE DOCTOR APPLICATION | 7/29/2013 8:49:09 PM
MouseDown "openEventScripts" | X:66,Y:12 | Form "Editor" | 7/26/2013 12:54:25 PM
MouseDown "loadRom" | X:39,Y:11 | Form "Editor" | 7/26/2013 12:54:02 PM
MouseDown "closeROM" | X:12,Y:15 | Form "Editor" | 7/26/2013 12:54:01 PM
LOADED ZONE DOCTOR APPLICATION | 7/26/2013 12:53:58 PM
MouseDown "openEventScripts" | X:78,Y:7 | Form "Editor" | 7/24/2013 3:55:24 PM
MouseDown "openEventScripts" | X:54,Y:7 | Form "Editor" | 7/24/2013 3:55:19 PM
LOADED ZONE DOCTOR APPLICATION | 7/24/2013 3:55:16 PM
MouseDown "openEventScripts" | X:59,Y:10 | Form "Editor" | 7/24/2013 3:47:35 PM
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 5
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
The bug's been fixed, but for now you can avoid it by going to the editor's settings and resetting to default. Also, avoid closing the event scripts when the very last script is loaded. Next release you won't need to worry about any of this.

EDIT: a bugfix version has been released, check the OP for the download link and a list of all fixes/changes

UPDATE: Using the new version of Zone Doctor (3.18.2) I managed to import a map from SD3 to FF6 and get all of the attributes/properties set.

[Image: FAs0XX3.png]

UPDATE (2013-08-26): new v3.18.4 released, world maps load much faster, several bugs fixed
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to giangurgolo for this post:
  • ribbits (07-30-2013)

Thanks Given: 3
Status
Libra
Hi, i know this is an old topic but i have a new pc and want to pick up an old project of mine, unfortunately the download link is broken. Could anyone be so kind and upload v3.18.4 somewhere for me (or link me a working download that i didnt find through google search). It would be greatly apreciated!

*edit* sorry about this waste of a first post, as mentioned in the shoutbox I figured it out. For those who cant find it though (which i doubt is anyone apart me Tongue), It is actually uploaded here http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/678/

But since I am at it, I might aswell ask this: I havent worked on my hack for 2 years and the last time i edited the ROM was with FF6LE rogue, My question is can i just use Zone doctor on that rom (it was expanded, patched and didnt have any bug as far as i know in FF6LE) and keep going or is transitioning from FF6LE to Zonedoc problematic?
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
As long as one of them hasn't corrupted the rom, you should be perfectly able to go freely between the two.

Zone Doctor's Level editing is so heavly based off of FF6LE anyway, just more features.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Catone for this post:
  • Seiken_X (12-03-2015)

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
(12-03-2015, 12:57 PM)Seiken_X Wrote: But since I am at it, I might aswell ask this: I havent worked on my hack for 2 years and the last time i edited the ROM was with FF6LE rogue, My question is can i just use Zone doctor on that rom (it was expanded, patched and didnt have any bug as far as i know in FF6LE) and keep going or is transitioning from FF6LE to Zonedoc problematic?

While not being 100% sure, my guess it that there will be some sort of issue or error that will arise from using FF6LE rogue before switching over to Zone Doctor, yes. Last time I checked it doesn't seem to play nicely with the other level editors, even though it has the same fixes that rogue does to allow it to work with FF3usME. Not sure about the latest version though, or exactly what causes certain errors outside of different compression routines. I can't be positive, you might test and see if it acts normal and doesn't give you errors or map corruption and if not then probably go ahead, but it's not exactly a stable program yet and if you're planning on using it purely for the event editing feature, and planning on doing anything extensive I'd have to suggest doing it the old fashion way of hex editing, because Zone Doctor isn't very extensive and while it seems like a godsend, it's probably more of a headache in the long run imo.

(07-29-2013, 11:48 PM)giangurgolo Wrote: UPDATE: Using the new version of Zone Doctor (3.18.2) I managed to import a map from SD3 to FF6 and get all of the attributes/properties set.

[Image: FAs0XX3.png]

UPDATE (2013-08-26): new v3.18.4 released, world maps load much faster, several bugs fixed

And holy shit why didn't I ever see this? There isn't any kind of option to do this yet is there?

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Thanks Given: 3
Status
Libra
Actually from what i can tell i dont need the event features right now, so basically the map editor part is pretty much the same (not simplified or better or more features?)?

So you would recommend sticking to rogue for mapping purposes?
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
(12-03-2015, 07:05 PM)Seiken_X Wrote: Actually from what i can tell i dont need the event features right now, so basically the map editor part is pretty much the same (not simplified or better or more features?)?

So you would recommend sticking to rogue for mapping purposes?

For sure. There are no real important changes that I'm aware of for the map editing portion, I do remember some things were a bit different (sorry for the vagueness) though and it was cool, but didn't miss out on anything once I realized I couldn't use the program.
IF however there is some sort of map graphic importing feature like he showed in the pic... but I don't think that made it in yet...?

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • Rjenyawd (12-03-2015), Seiken_X (12-03-2015)

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
I only said it shouldn't because always remembered it being the same core map editor, that and I never ran into issues using ZD to shuffle maps, the LE to edit create. Zone doctor was a little more user friendly at first, and had some extra UI features (hell I always thought that screenshot was doable, never tried though).

In the end, it still wasn't worth it. LE just seemed more stable overall. The event editor, yeah it is a feat, some had sworn it couldn't be done at all, others said it would just be a nightmare to write. In the end your better off doing it the ol' fashion way. Straight up hex it, at that point your better off with LE anyway.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
(12-03-2015, 07:00 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: And holy shit why didn't I ever see this? There isn't any kind of option to do this yet is there?

So I'm not the only one who missed this. WTF?

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Mini
GUH, the Seiken Densetsu tilesets are stunning. How would you even implement something like that gamewide? You would have to import an entire map as a new area (or overwrite an old one) right? There isn't a way to just replace the tileset pieces in the ff6 data?

Oh how I wish it were like 3d modeling. Just slap a new modified texture around it, and BAM! Magic.

"Find the crystals? Save the world? ...Who even was that guy?!"  Shrug  

http://rjenyawd.deviantart.com/

Find