Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF6 "Choose your own Adventure" style

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Some of the time, that's what I'm hoping to do. If the player makes a dialogue choice of a destination and wants to take the other route, then by all means they can change their mind (and the character will acknowledge their indecision). Sometimes the player isn't even told all of the options, and has to use their own ingenuity to figure it out. However, many of the choices that I've planned out are actual choices of dialogue, so the dialogue itself will change the course of events. It's not going to be the easiest thing to code, but it allows for a few different ways to interact with the environment. Much of the time, the options are more like:
"Bill wants to know where the ice cream shop is. What do you tell him?"
"Left"
"Right"
"Off that cliff"
I'd have to code every version of this event, but I think it will be worth it.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 6
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(03-25-2013, 09:20 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: "Bill wants to know where the ice cream shop is. What do you tell him?"
"Left"
"Right"
"Off that cliff"

Yeah, I'd be the guy to use my save state right there and pick "Off that cliff" just to watch the hilarity ensue.
  Find

Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
New update. CYOA has been completed in its entirety and it is ready to be sent out to beta testers. If you wish to be a beta tester use this link to download:

http://www.2shared.com/file/RErVZRC8/Cho...nture.html

What?!

Edit: For those seeing this more recently, this was an April Fool's joke. You won't get much out of downloading that.

Confused Moogles FTW

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
(04-01-2013, 02:04 PM)Lockirby2 Wrote: New update. CYOA has been completed in its entirety and it is ready to be sent out to beta testers.

It's actually the first time I download someone else's work to try it. I do not regret it.

Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
Holy crap! I've just started and I gotta say, this is nothing short of Breathtaking.
I'd like to write more, but I really need to get back to playing now.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 6
Status
None
I am just absolutely BLOWN AWAY by how quickly you got this out! Oh my gosh!

You sure this needs a beta test? I haven't found anything so far...
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I think I might give it a shot

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Thanks Received: 6
Status
None
I can't seem to get past the first boss.
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
Try a different team combination; I chose one with a thief.
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
I should have some time this weekend to test it out. I do have one question. Are you going to have some battles that change the course of the game whether you win or lose the battle? What I mean is in the original FF6 most boss fights you have to win or it's game over, and the exceptions are those you are forced to lose no matter what.

Instead, what if that is a "choice"? As in, if you beat that boss certain events are possible and impossible and if you lose other events are possible or impossible. It was an element I was wanting to include in my hack, but to a much lesser degree as winning or losing to a certain individuals would be a well known fact. I wasn't planning on doing anything near what you are up to!

I also wanted to say I am spending a bit of time learning event hacking this weekend, so if I can be of assistance, let me know. I am a total noob in event hacking and ROM hacking in general currently, but I tend to learn rather quickly, especially if what I am learning is complicated (but not if it's easy, for some reason).
  Find