* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Most Compelling Story

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
From Final Fantasy 1-10, which game had the most compelling story in your eyes, and why?
This is not about gameplay, which means it's not about the game. This poll is about the story and plot that was written for it's respective game.
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
I'll go first and throw out Final Fantasy IV. I loved that game from the very beginning to the very end. When things started to seem like a grind through a dungeon, a cut-scene would occur that'd shift to another part of the world, such as Kain and Golbez talking in the Tower of Zot. You'd exit a cave and walk a few steps but to witness the destruction of a castle. It had lovable and hate-able characters. Even though Zemus/Zeromus wasn't mentioned really at all unlike future Final Fantasy antagonists, this game shined through the sheer amount of cut-scenes. Squaresoft really pulled off the six stages of a compelling story which are:

Compelling Introduction: You learn about Cecil, Kain and Rosa and are sent on an obscure mission. Cecil starts to learn more about himself and wants to eventually stop the king.

Past Events and Rising Action: Later in the games story, Tellah is mentioned, as is the other minor characters who die such as Tellah's daughter. This is a pivotal plot device for Edward the Bard.

Climax: The entire story is about stopping Kain and Golbez from obtaining the eight Crystals of the planet. As I mentioned above, the "In other news" type of cut-scenes really helped with climax building. Other than cut-scenes, you are almost always a step behind Kain and Golbez and that builds climax when you're about to catch them.

New Events: Close to 1/3rd through the game, when all seems lost, you hear about the other four crystals of the planet which reside in the underworld.

Falling Action: If there are climax stages in the plots development, there will be falling actions. After Edwards castle is bombarded by the Red Wings fleet, the falling action occurs when the destruction and death count sinks in for everyone. Many events happen through the story like this.

Unexpected ending: There are a lot of unexpected features in this game, such as Kain and Golbez finally turning good and repenting, Zemus being the main antagonist and more.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Final fantasy 6 followed CLOSELY by 8. Those 2 are by far my favorites.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Final Fantasy VI followed by Final Fantasy VII.

I love in FF6 how there is almost a side story for each character. I also like the fact that for once, a villain achieve his goal and destroy the world. Getting your characters back in the WOR was also a nice idea and almost a new beginning.
  Find

Threads: 9
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Final fantasy V, i liked the storyline of it, and also the Job system, i wish they still had that Sad, I also LOVED Final Fantasy VI,

The past is the past, but we can change our fate of Future.
[Image: amcvab.png]
Final Fantasy III: Recrution

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
I like FFVII's story the best, it kept me guessing and interested the whole way through, with it's sci-fi feeling elements and major plot-twists, the Ancients, Clouds deluded reality, Meteor...I love it all!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Rage
FF4 is Great game because ff4 tells the story of friendship and romance. I very like.Smile

"That settles that! It takes brains to win!"
Sonja Advance War 2

Objection!
  Find

Status
None
Final fantasy VII follow by Final Fantasy VI. Both by far are my 2 favorites. VII had such a deep story and it made me cry at parts like when aeris gets thrusted and nanaki learns about his father's true identity. All of it was just so great and kept me sitting there and playing it for hours and hours continous