Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI Advance Editor

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Thanks for the info. It sounds really complicating, but I'll search around online for some tutorials.

Maybe someone with more knowledge and knows how to program will take the documents I upload to RHDN and will create an updated version of FFHackster.

One last question.

Is there a way to go about hex editing Hackster itself to make the data offsets line up with Gronds Final Fantasy. Only about half of can be edited with Hackster, while the other half needs to be done manually with a hex editor.
  Find

Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
More info for the Editor:

Sabin's Blitz Learn Levels
at location 62ABC0-62ABC7:
01 06 0A 0F 17 1E 2A 46

Cyan's Bushido Learn Levels
at location 62ABB8-62ABBF:
01 06 0C 0F 18 22 2C 46

Corresponds to learning Pummel at level 1, Aura Bolt at Level 6, Suplex at Level 10 [0A], etc. I haven't tested this or played around with this. I don't know if you can learn them in a different order - like changing the 3rd figure in Sabin's list to have Suplex's learned before Aura Bolt. I would imagine, that doing so, the same bug that is present in Celes natural magic could be invoked with auto-leveling and Sabin/Cyan would not learn the missed technique naturally.

Strago's starting Lore's is another thing that would be nice to find. I know it is stored in binary Y/N flags, making the location only 3 bites long, so it is not quite as simple to find.
I would imagine Gau's starting Rage's are stored the same way.
Hold on
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(09-03-2013, 06:09 PM)Joe73ffdq Wrote: Is there a way to go about hex editing Hackster itself to make the data offsets line up with Gronds Final Fantasy.

You can hex edit a Hex editor, in fact any binary file can be hex edited. I know nothing about FF4hackster though. :/

(09-03-2013, 09:27 PM)Valiente Wrote: Sabin's Blitz Learn Levels
at location 62ABC0-62ABC7:
01 06 0A 0F 17 1E 2A 46

Cyan's Bushido Learn Levels
at location 62ABB8-62ABBF:
01 06 0C 0F 18 22 2C 46

Thanks a bunch for these findings. I will test them when I got time.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Lol, the first time I tried to event edit I accidentally opened up the Hex editor inside the Hex editor somehow and started trying to find event offsets in that XD.

Confused Moogles FTW

Status
None
Few new tidbits of info... while I was trying to find the offsets for Strago's starting Lores:

I bet you've already fixed this, but in the Spell Editor, Spell #85, labeled as Joker's Death is actually Cyan's first skill Fang. The 7 blanks to follow (though spell #92) are the remainder of his skill set in order.

More importantly, I actually found real info in the ROM:
the incremental increase for HP and MP per each of the 98 levels ups (the +X amount per level up):
HP is at 62EC28-62EC89, 98 locations
MP is at 62AA54-62AA5B, 98 locations
Both are listed from lowest to highest, so first is the level up from level 1 to 2 and then the next address is the level up from 2 to 3, etc.

I wasn't able to locate the Experience Chart or find Strago's starting Lore offsets. Did the experience needed per level up change from the SNES version (MP gained did)? Because I couldn't find an alternative FF6A chart for this.

I was able to find out that the default hex for Strago's starting Lore is 88 00 01, but that is a string in the ROM that shows up several times, so I guess it will need to be figured out by trial and error. How this works in case you didn't know and had the time to play around.....The first 8 of the 88 represents Strago knowing Aqua Breath (4th spell in the list) upon joining and not knowing Doom, Roulette or Tsunami (the other 1st-3rd spells in his list). So a NNNY = 0001. Flip it around 1000 and convert Binary to Hex = 8. The following 5 digits work the same going down Strago's Lore list.
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(09-07-2013, 12:23 AM)Valiente Wrote: I bet you've already fixed this, but in the Spell Editor, Spell #85, labeled as Joker's Death is actually Cyan's first skill Fang. The 7 blanks to follow (though spell #92) are the remainder of his skill set in order.

I wasn't aware of this. I'll fix it in the next version.

(09-07-2013, 12:23 AM)Valiente Wrote: More importantly, I actually found real info in the ROM:
the incremental increase for HP and MP per each of the 98 levels ups (the +X amount per level up):
HP is at 62EC28-62EC89, 98 locations
MP is at 62AA54-62AA5B, 98 locations
Both are listed from lowest to highest, so first is the level up from level 1 to 2 and then the next address is the level up from 2 to 3, etc.

Nice find man. I'll add the feature to change the experience also.

(09-07-2013, 12:23 AM)Valiente Wrote: I wasn't able to locate the Experience Chart or find Strago's starting Lore offsets. Did the experience needed per level up change from the SNES version (MP gained did)? Because I couldn't find an alternative FF6A chart for this.

I think it is the same as the SNES version although the data format could have changed...

(09-07-2013, 12:23 AM)Valiente Wrote: How this works in case you didn't know and had the time to play around.....The first 8 of the 88 represents Strago knowing Aqua Breath (4th spell in the list) upon joining and not knowing Doom, Roulette or Tsunami (the other 1st-3rd spells in his list). So a NNNY = 0001. Flip it around 1000 and convert Binary to Hex = 8. The following 5 digits work the same going down Strago's Lore list.

How did you figured this out if you haven't located the string? Have you tested it?
  Find

Status
None
Quote:Valiente Wrote: How this works in case you didn't know and had the time to play around.....The first 8 of the 88 represents Strago knowing Aqua Breath (4th spell in the list) upon joining and not knowing Doom, Roulette or Tsunami (the other 1st-3rd spells in his list). So a NNNY = 0001. Flip it around 1000 and convert Binary to Hex = 8. The following 5 digits work the same going down Strago's Lore list.

Quote:Madsiur Wrote: How did you figured this out if you haven't located the string? Have you tested it?

Well I took the list in blocks of 4, and applied 0's for unlearned, 1's for learned:
0 - Doom
0 - Roulette
0 - Tsunami
1 - Aqua Breath
_______
0 - Aero
0 - 1000 Needles
0 - Mighty Guard
1 - Revenge
_______
0 - White Wind
0 - L5 Death
0 - L4 Flare
0 - L3 Confuse
_______
0 - Reflect ???
0 - Level ? Holy
0 - Traveler
0 - Force Field
_______
0 - Dischord
0 - Bad Breath
0 - Transfusion
0 - Rippler
_______
1 - Stone
0 - Quasar
0 - Grand Delta
0 - Self Destruct

I then took the resulting Binary and converted to Hex. to get either 88 00 01 or 11 00 08.

Using LordJ's ROM map, I looked up the offset in the SNES and in there it is stored as 88 00 01. I haven't really played around with it. I assume the storage method wouldn't have changed for this in the GBA. It doesn't seem to be located directly after the MP level up data anymore though (which is how I led myself to just find that instead).
  Find

Status
None
As badly as I cant wait for the next release of this editor, I have been very involved in hacking FF1. This will be a good warmup to improve my hacking skills on an RPG. When I tried to use FF3usME a couple years ago, I got bogged down by the sheer amount of content that can be edited. That was my first real attempt at trying to hack any game.

When I discovered FF6AE here by googling for codes for the GBA version of the game, it started back up my interest in trying to rom hack again. I have learned a lot about how to approach editing/hacking an RPG, and find a good balance as things progress through the game.

Initially I put using this editor on hold to wait for the Enemy Steal/Drop feature to be added. Hacking FF1 has turned into a full fledged project, and now I have a good grasp on how to do this editing stuff. When your next release comes out, I will have had more experience at RPG hacking, and maybe the sheer content wont be as daunting.

I write all this because the discovery of this editor inspired me to try hacking again, and I have learned a lot in the past couple months. Its very time consuming, but very addictive to recreate one of these classic RPG's.
  Find

Threads: 14
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 5
Status
None
I can say I really want to see more of this sweetnes. I always wanted to edit FFIVA. I'm not taking down FF3 SNES with this but I always wanted to edit enemy names and add nams with more than 10 letters :p

[Image: kung_ku.png]
  Find

Status
None
I occasionally visit here to see if an update to FF6AE has been released. After several months of time, I imagine the next update will be as complete as FF3usME.

What new features should we expect to see?
  Find