Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VI Advance Editor

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I cant wait til its done

I never played the advanced version but I will GET ON THAT once this is done Wink

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
very nice madsiur cant wait for this

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I think spell data is the next best bet to tackle. Re-naming options are great too.
Character Stat editor could eventually be nice too (although that's easier to manually hex edit).
The FF6MDE by Drakkhen can be used to edit Chest, Shop and Spell Animnation data in FF6A, so I would say thoes aren't as immediate (although an all in one palce editor is gonna be so sweet).
Keep up the good work man!
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
Version 3.0 along with its source code has been released. The 291 spells are now editable. 291 because some espers are repeated twice to keep the whole list in order. I think the first instances of the Espers are dummy data and the good instances of the Espers are at the very end of the data but I haven't tested it. Square-Enix did an awful and lazy job on that...

Things changed in this version:
  • Spell data editor (duh!)
  • "About" section updated !
  • Now scrolling below 0 will go to the maximum value and scrolling higher than the maximum value will get you to 0 in the monster and item editor. See for yourself!
  Find

Threads: 76
Thanks Received: 9
Thanks Given: 13
Status
None
Very nice! congratulations!
  Find

Threads: 9
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Absolutely amazing! I think the only thing that could possibly make this editor the best ever would be an included map/level editor bc you pretty much nailed everything else! Random question, Is there any major differences between the GBA version and SNES version that would make editing the audio easier? Well regardless, good job!

[Image: xyx.png]
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
I would really love to see 2 features added to this editor

1. Renaming ability. I would like to make my own hack of this game using SNES names (especially espers)

2. Full character editing. I would really like to be able to edit evade and other stats that codebreaker has no codes for. Also, Pandora savestate editor doesnt edit all the stats either

Thank you for creating this editor. Its one of my favorite games, and Im waiting for the finished version. The SNES version has a lot of hacks out there, and I believe fans out there would love to see a decent hack of this version as well
  Find

Status
None
I cant get the editor to work. it simply says unable to fetch rom data the program will close. i renamed the rom to FF6ADVANCE and i assume i have the us rom but i have no idea how to check the serial number. any ideas as to why i cant get it to even load?

Status
Tissue-aware
Version 3.1 is now available. You can now edit the base stats and equipment of the actors. I updated the first post with the downloads links. Next I will focus on the renaming of items, monsters, spell and many other text.
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
Version 3.1.1 is now available. Three changes were made in this version:
  • Fixed the Monster editor bug found in version 3.1 (The program was crashing when opening the monster editor).
  • Disabled windows resizing in all Forms (editors).
  • Disabled unused TabPages (spell and actor editors).

Sorry for the late response on both questions.

(05-03-2013, 11:35 PM)Sczar Atmos Wrote: Random question, Is there any major differences between the GBA version and SNES version that would make editing the audio easier? Well regardless, good job!

I haven't found (and search) yet how the song data is on the GBA version and where it is located. To improve the audio of the GBA version, there is an improvement patch that exist.

(05-07-2013, 10:41 AM)thegreatruss Wrote: I cant get the editor to work. it simply says unable to fetch rom data the program will close. i renamed the rom to FF6ADVANCE and i assume i have the us rom but i have no idea how to check the serial number. any ideas as to why i cant get it to even load?

We have discussed this via pm. In version 3.1 and above, I added the message of the error to the message box when the program catch an exception when opening a ROM. So if the problem persist I would suggest sending me that message. I can't recreate your bug honestly. If someone else have problem opening a Final Fantasy Advance (U) ROM, please send me a message. I will try making the serial verification more flexible in future versions and eventually make the editor working with the European (E) as well.
  Find