Poll: Favorite Character from FF6? (Can't fit all...)
This poll is closed.
Terra 20.35% 35 20.35%
Locke 13.95% 24 13.95%
Edgar 8.14% 14 8.14%
Sabin 7.56% 13 7.56%
Shadow 19.19% 33 19.19%
Cyan 5.23% 9 5.23%
Mog 4.65% 8 4.65%
Celes 8.14% 14 8.14%
Setzer 4.65% 8 4.65%
Other 8.14% 14 8.14%
Total 172 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Favorite FF6 Character?

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
Inspired by Gi Nattak, who was your favorite FF6 character? Why?
Did this character inspire you somehow?
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
Shadow is my favorite character from FFVI, even though he doesn't have the strongest and most compelling story IMO. I've just always liked him ever since I first played the game, mostly because he is a ninja (duh), and his best and only friend is an incredibly vicious, yet friendly and extremely loyal and protective doberman on steroids. I love dogs, and ninjas, and throwing shit at monsters.

His story is also really good I think, and very sad as well. And as much as I hate what he chooses to do at the end, I think it really adds to his character and shows just how deeply tormented he truly is by his past, and his decisions. Go Shadow!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
I always liked Sabin

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
I always liked Celes the most. She has a good character development her musical theme is my favorite song of the game. Plus she is a really good character in combat.
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
I'd have to say Shadow because he was the coolest-looking of the main characters. And he's a ninja and I like how he has a dog as a shield and as a weapon and that is his only friend. I don't really like him leaving during the World of Balance but his quotes seem to be insensetive and no matter how he denies that he does not care and does not need help from the party, he ends up joining anyhow and develops a kinship with the party.
I'd also have to say Celes is my favorite female character of the story. To me her sprite is better than Terra's and she learns some spells Terra does not and her romantic relationship(implied) with Locke is a special part of the story. For a while, I thought she looked like Miss Piggy with the blonde poofy hair, but as I grew I understood what spriting and sprites were.
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Um @ CrumpledMedal, Celes and Terra were meant to be polar opposites in their spell lists, just as their names imply Celes (celestial; space, stars, coldness) Terra (terra firma, earth, ground, fire) so it is natural that they wouldn't learn the exact same things developmentally.

My favorite character is Edgar, he's a hopeless womanizer who fronts cockiness and insincerity but underneath all of his constant flirting and meaningless prattle (of which came in use in Vector, I might remind you) he is desperately looking for someone to actually care for him as much as he cares and takes on for those around him. He is the character that shoved the responsibility of an entire kingdom upon his shoulders, tricking his own brother so that Sabin could have the choice of freedom, continuing the "alliance" with the Empire, knowing they poisoned his father and having to keep his kingdom from falling to pieces when he should not have had to at that point in his life.

He is a character who is funny and often made to be a joke but underneath the womanizer he is a passionate and loving man who will do anything, bear any burden and sacrifice every part of himself to make the lives of his friends and of his kingdom better.

It is also this part of Edgar that makes me like his brother quite a bit less, Sabin essentially ran away. He took his freedom and sure he trained as a monk and follows a path of virtue and code but I feel that was just one way of his to repent for abandoning his people and leaving his brother to bear their burden of rule by himself.
  Find

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
Sutenbu, I was talking about going through it as a kid. When you are a 7 year old kid, you don't know who learns what...just reminiscing about childhood.
  Find

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Locke without a single doubt. By far the most entertaining character in the game. And besides that I think the sprite is pretty cool, though if the vote was about physical appearance my choice would be Setzer.
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
I love Mog, he's so versatile in what you can do with him. I love being able to turn him into an Imp and give him the Imp armor and do that build. Smile
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
Terramano Wrote:Locke without a single doubt. By far the most entertaining character in the game. And besides that I think the sprite is pretty cool, though if the vote was about physical appearance my choice would be Setzer.

I think Locke has the best looking sprite in the game.

(01-15-2013, 01:32 AM)Zeemis Wrote: I love Mog, he's so versatile in what you can do with him. I love being able to turn him into an Imp and give him the Imp armor and do that build. Smile

Yeah that makes me think about something. I'll stick to Celes for the character development but like Mog, Gau is one of my favorite character in terms of gameplay and he's the one who saved my ass many times, especially when I was doing low level / no magic games. He is the most useful character at low level and he's one of the few who can achieve 255 defense with the snow scarf and other equipment. Equip him with a knight's code and he's a real tank.

Also when he rage some monsters like Io he gain immunity to many status permanently. Also some of his rages are really powerful like Flare Star (especially at low level) and love token, a move that will make any monster AND boss commit suicide.
  Find