Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
HP Script (Zeemis)

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
Hmm. Maybe that's why SquareSoft didn't bother to make bosses with health over 65535.
If FF6 isn't giving you items because of the script, I can't really help you there because this is how the script functions. I can however tell you of an upcoming solution.
I've heard that a user on this board is creating a patch which will allow you to surpass 65535 HP without the use of this type of script.
  Find

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
yaeh i saw that on one of the other threads on here and i am looking forward to that. but thanks anyway for the help zeemis.

p.s keep making those kickbutt ff6 enemy hacks :cool:
  Find

Threads: 13
Thanks Received: 2
Status
Vanish
I know this is extremely old and late but let me take a look at your script design. Perhaps it's not giving you the Items due to the way it's read.

Status
None
i would if i had the hp script still up on the rom but i will see if i have an older rom with the scripts in.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 158
Status
Nattak\'d
It's true, this HP script loop does in fact make it so the monster no longer drops Items or Exp. Unless it is fixed, this should only be used for one-time custom boss battles. There are other ways to loop the HP for those that intend to make a complete hack with many high HP monsters.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
Traitor
Lord Envoys script might not.
  Find

Status
None
well hopefully envoy can add a hp cap patch or something that somehow allows the rom to exceed the 65535 cap
  Find

Status
None
ahh i found an old rom with the scripts on envoy. just let me know when u want me to send it.
  Find

Status
Traitor
You're not technically surpassing 65535 HP, you're tricking the game to think that a monster has (x) many lives and is revived for those amount each time he's killed and is brought back to life that many times invisibly.
The equation is basically 65535(x). X being amount of lives.
  Find

Status
None
(03-17-2011, 09:42 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: It's true, this HP script loop does in fact make it so the monster no longer drops Items or Exp. Unless it is fixed, this should only be used for one-time custom boss battles. There are other ways to loop the HP for those that intend to make a complete hack with many high HP monsters.

well do u know some gi nattak? also any word on that 24 bit hp patch yet?
  Find