Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
It has been brought to my attention recently that a more complete Crimson Echoes hack was leaked earlier this year (around January). Has anyone come across this hack? If so, please let me know, I'd like to give it a shot.
Also please give you comments as to the legendary hack that got a cease and desist from Square itself.

Whelp. I still remember this place 13 years since first joining   Laugh
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
this is the 1st I've heard of it

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
There was an RC6 released last month, but the name "Crimson Echoes", is now called "Flames of Eternity" is a continuation of Crimson Echoes, with many bugfixes.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=3...try3896148

The fact that some of the people who coded this said that it "only works on Zsnes" is stupid. It works on Snes9x just fine.
  Find

Status
None
yeah that much I knew but I didnt know that they kept at it :p

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Yeah, I know the leak to which you refer. I nabbed it when it came out in January. I still haven't found time for a full playthrough, sadly, but I've mucked around a bit by using save states from the initial leak to try out some of the new techs and such and it seems really well done. If you're still looking for it, shoot me a PM.
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
TheNattak should have a link to some hackers that are continuing the work of Crimson Echoes. Now the hack is called "Chrono Trigger: Flames of Eternity".

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Well, FoE is still going, though almost completely finished, probably just one revision left,
Google "metronome project" for that.
I was a part of the team and helped with bugs, as well as the intro, and music was planned, but I sort of felt wrong working on the CE teams hack, and FFVI takes all my time anyways.

They did finally leak the 98% version of Crimson Echoes about 3 or so months ago, due to FoE getting all the attention now, but the newer versions of FoE use it as a base, plus a bunch of new work, plus game-breaking bug fixes, so you're better of with FoE.

There is -another- Crimson Echoes spin off like FoE that an 'underground' team is working on called "Fan Mix", that is supposed to be even better.
but is still a good while off.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
Only issue I came across was the black screen at the End of Time. Not sure how SnesGT or Bsnes handles that glitch.
  Find

Status
None
try using ZSNES

-HNIC

Status
None
For my own reasons, I don't use Zsnes (stating my opinion about it resulted in me getting flamed on the romhacking.net forums). Besides, someone said it works fine on SnesGT or Bsnes, as both are good alternatives, so I might try those. But as far as Zsnes goes, no matter how many times I use it, its lack of proper SPC700/S-SMP emulation makes my ears bleed. Perhaps if Zsnes is the only viable way of getting around this glitch, then I'm SOL. Can anyone confirm this?
  Find