Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Secret of Mana Graphical Offsets

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Heheheh, thankee! Hoo, I really need to figure out a good way to speed up the process a bit, though Hit The last thing I was trying to do was figure out what all the graphical header bytes for areas did, then I screwed around with tile construction data (which is kinna compressed). There's a bit of a wrinkle with the way maps are put together since some tiles are compressed, some aren't, and I haven't bothered trying to find the subroutines that handle the latter Hit
  Find

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Ohh, Interesting!!! I've seen your youtube channel, amazing work and dedication trying to figure out all the code!!

Quick question, were you able to decipher event commands? Like which command loads a different map? Or makes a character walk, say, 4 tiles?

Status
None
Well, I suppose loading a map is more to say that it takes one of a number of predefined exists into a given area (and there can be multiple ones there, since some rooms in the palaces are just part of the same map); 18xx is that command, though it &'s with 0x3FF to determine what exit to take.

Character movement in an event is a little funky. That would be command 32nndx:
1. Where nn is the character in question and can be 01: Boy, 02: Girl, 03: Sprite, 04: NPC #1, 05: NPC #2, etc.; largely that follows the order their character data is laid out in memory, though I believe 00 has been used (of the two of us, she's worked with events a hell of a lot more than I have).
2. d is the direction and can be 0 for up, 4 down, 8 right, C left.
3. x is the movement distance and can be up to itself plus unused lower bits in d, i.e. 3F total.
  Find

Status
None
In the past few days, I've been working on a page to host the disassembly. S'just the trick of trying to make something that doesn't look entirely jarring (i.e., plenty of stumbling through color theory) Hit
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
Necropost! (again)

Here is the page that hold all the SOM dissasemblies: http://www.darkwoodinc.com/~enker/
  Find

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
I believe that I have found the entire rom map of Seiken Densetsu 2/Secret of Mana (Japanese version), so the offset are a little off, but everything is there, shops, weapons, plus so much more. It's a long page and there's a lot of information, so here is the link.

http://wiki.superfamicom.org/snes/show/S...Densetsu+2
  Find

Status
None
I think that last post should be a new thread since it is for a different game (though it is a sequel).

Please create a new thread with the link to the site.

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(04-14-2013, 12:22 AM)Angelo Wrote: I think that last post should be a new thread since it is for a different game (though it is a sequel).

Seiken Densetsu 2 is Secret of Mana...

Find

Status
None
woops...I messed up....

I thought this was for seiken densetsu 3