Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Music Player

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(02-09-2017, 12:35 PM)Rodimus Primal Wrote: Looking directly into it in a HEX editor, there should be enough free space after C3D1D8 for your code, but my coding skills are a little rusty.

You mean $C3F1D8, right?

I'll implement config1 on a ROM with the latest TWU patched this weekend. I'll make sure $C3F1D8 is correct and also make sure there is only FFs until the end offset of the player code. I'll provide a custom patch and anti-patch. More news Saturday or Sunday : )
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Rodimus Primal (02-09-2017)

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
better than Patch Checker:
https://web.archive.org/web/201412272106...flict.html

no GUI (which are for infants anyway), but it can compare far more than two patches at once, and the outputs regarding bytes used and conflicts are very detailed.

Threads: 18
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
I had forgotten that Mblock129's page was down. @Madsiur, could we host that utility on FF6h, along with his other patches?

I have his patches save here.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjymjrhsv1ryq...ifLBa?dl=0
  Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(02-10-2017, 12:03 PM)seibaby Wrote: I had forgotten that Mblock129's page was down. @Madsiur, could we host that utility on FF6h, along with his other patches?

Yes I'll add the conflict finder to the wiki this weekend. Not sure I'll have time for the patches at the same time but I'll upload them when I can. I'll have to to think of a good way to present the patch page, with at least a description and "header" or "no header" info and maybe screenshots if applicable.
  Find

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
Couple of years ago, there was a tool you guys had that allowed you to add or replace some songs with other ff series (even chrono trigger) ; do you guys still have it? Hopefully something like the Mysterious Girl soundtrack is already made...

Cheers!

Remember to use Omnislash in Remake Kungfu!
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
Not exactly, there does exist a song data converter to change FF5 song data into FF6, a japanese tool called FF5>FF6 MCS2. I'm not sure we have it hosted here, I thought so but it seems not. Besides that, you can directly inject some CT songs over to FF6, since they share a very similar structure, or music engine/core. But not all of them due to a drum command that FF6 lacks. Same with Romancing Saga 3, can inject over some songs. Besides this you might be thinking of RS3ExTool2? This is the tool used to convert MML data to song data that FF6 can use. It doesn't do everything though, just that. There's a tutorial I made about how to use it though, if you're interested in learning. This method you can get any song ever as long as it meets the requirements:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...l+tutorial

But no, no tool that can place in other FF game's songs. And sadly no, there is no mysterious girl song data for download as of yet. These are the ones available thus far:
https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...p?tid=2558

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Gi Nattak for this post:
  • Robo Jesus (12-24-2017), Vertigo (02-14-2017)

Status
None
Thanks pal! I will have to see if I can make one - I heard making music from scratch is rather difficult... I'll finish Luca sprite first, then tackle that - the Mysterious Girl Song is a major factor of the project. Hex will have to wait Kappa! 

Cheers!

Find

Threads: 6
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(02-09-2017, 01:57 PM)Madsiur Wrote:
(02-09-2017, 12:35 PM)Rodimus Primal Wrote: Looking directly into it in a HEX editor, there should be enough free space after C3D1D8 for your code, but my coding skills are a little rusty.

You mean $C3F1D8, right?

I'll implement config1 on a ROM with the latest TWU patched this weekend. I'll make sure $C3F1D8 is correct and also make sure there is only FFs until the end offset of the player code. I'll provide a custom patch and anti-patch. More news Saturday or Sunday : )

Thanks. I think I like the idea of Config 2 since it uses the extra line space available. Would that be too much of an issue?

Experience is the benchmark to maturity.

Final Fantasy VI - Ted Woolsey Uncensored Edition:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1386

Final Fantasy IV - Namingway Edition:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2337
  Find

Status
None
Hit  * ugh* no drums?! The song has an awesome drum sequence:

Any idea of what type of sound I can replace drums??? Otherwise I'll have to make a custom song with the same feel... Probably Invader Zim intro (just kidding... probably)

Cheers!

Find

Status
Tissue-aware
(02-18-2017, 03:06 PM)Vertigo Wrote: Any idea of what type of sound I can replace drums??? Otherwise I'll have to make a custom song with the same feel... Probably Invader Zim intro (just kidding... probably)

Look this is not a thread for music hacking, favorite songs or music help, it's a thread regarding the music player. Post a new thread in Hacking Discussion please.

(02-18-2017, 02:41 PM)Rodimus Primal Wrote: Thanks. I think I like the idea of Config 2 since it uses the extra line space available. Would that be too much of an issue?

No it's not a problem, I have a lot to do because of mid-semester but I'll try to get this done soon.
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to madsiur for this post:
  • Rodimus Primal (02-19-2017), Vertigo (02-18-2017)