Poll: Which of these features should be prioritized?
This poll is closed.
Custom AI commands recognition and labeling 30.43% 14 30.43%
3rd Dialogue bank (or half bank) 10.87% 5 10.87%
Expansions ExHiROM support 10.87% 5 10.87%
Ability to modify datas starting offset and number of entries 19.57% 9 19.57%
Ability to edit Setzer Slots 17.39% 8 17.39%
Rare items expansion 10.87% 5 10.87%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF3usME new features poll

Threads: 3
Thanks Received: 5
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
That could be tricky given how spell GFX in particular seem to behave. One particularly weird anomaly that can be seen in BNW is how Edgar's defibrillator will still "fire off" like the Air Anchor depending on whether or not the target is above or below him in the party order.

"You don't have to be a vampire to die like one... b*t*h." -Simon Belmont

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 156
Status
Nattak\'d
(02-14-2017, 04:05 PM)BTB Wrote: That could be tricky given how spell GFX in particular seem to behave.

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
Imma bit late to the party but I voted for the first option, adding another dialogue bank, and being able to edit the data locations and number of items. Its crazy that I've been using FF3usME literally since the beginning. Between FF3usME, Hexworkshop, and Cless' FF6 hacking doc it was a great time back then since this was one of the most documented SNES games--which gave me the motivation to do the same for FF2us.

I wonder if anyone here was a member of Yousei's forum back when his editor was being worked on. Ok, enough nostalgia. Smile

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(05-15-2017, 09:57 AM)JCE3000GT Wrote: I wonder if anyone here was a member of Yousei's forum back when his editor was being worked on.  Ok, enough nostalgia.  :)

I found this by looking at 2003 forum threads ;)
  Find

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
(05-15-2017, 04:39 PM)Madsiur Wrote:
(05-15-2017, 09:57 AM)JCE3000GT Wrote: I wonder if anyone here was a member of Yousei's forum back when his editor was being worked on.  Ok, enough nostalgia.  Smile

I found this by looking at 2003 forum threads Wink

Somewhere I have saved some of the topics from his forum.  I just cannot fathom that this much time as passed...

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 41
Status
None
So, here's my contribution to the project, for what it's worth - mock-up of a new layout for the Battle editor.

It's a minor pet peeve of mine that you have to constantly be scrolling up and down in the editor to view status and elemental properties. Extending the window size to no longer need that was my initial intent. With the window lengthened by less than 100 pixels, all three of these windows can be viewed in their entirety, no scrolling needed. I also moved the No Harm/Can Dodge fields for Special Attack over a bit and shortened the animation dropdown display, allowing the Special Attack box to be thinner. I also moved Experience and Gil down to be beside the Morph box so they don't take up a full row below primary stats but are still ground in the "battle spoils" info, and moved down the Level-HP-MP boxes so they seem more distinct from the Name/Number part in the upper-left.

Finally, in my initial mock-up there was large white space in the lower left. Then I recalled past feature ideas for expanding item drops and steals to 4 items, or possibly expanding Rage and Sketch to 4 attacks, were ideas being tossed around. Well, if either of those becomes a thing, there's room to add new Rage, Sketch, and Item fields. And if not, we have that empty space to possibly add some other options.

[Image: usME%20Mockup_zpsc0vska5v.png]
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 234
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(05-25-2017, 02:17 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: It's a minor pet peeve of mine that you have to constantly be scrolling up and down in the editor to view status and elemental properties. Extending the window size to no longer need that was my initial intent. With the window lengthened by less than 100 pixels, all three of these windows can be viewed in their entirety, no scrolling needed.

Yeah it's kinda annoying. A thing to consider is respecting small screen resolutions like 1024x768 but with FF6AE I was able to fit everything respecting this resolution in a similar fashion of your demo image. I'll forward your image and post to Lord J. I haven't hear of him since the 6.8 release, I'll try to get an idea of his motivation level or real life constrain level at the same time regarding future releases.
  Find

Status
None
I forgot screen resolution. Still shouldn't be a problem, the current box is about 610 or so, this one is just over 700.
  Find

Status
None
And as a minor request - can we switch the places of Wind and Pearl in the element listing? Wind-Pearl-Earth-Water seems like it's intended to trip us up on tagging the secondary elemental trio, and it does for me at least.
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
the current order matches the ROM order, and this program is a ROM editor, so i trust (and hope) it'll be a cold day in Hell when that happens.