Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)
Pony Fantasy VI Remake

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 23
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
Command 80 32 jumps based on which direction the animation is supposed to be facing. You can see it in three places in the Bahamut script: D0/4B85 (blue fireballs), D0/4BBD (blue circle), and D0/4C48 (bahamut sprite). It sounds like you already adjusted the "facing left" values to suit your needs, now you just need to adjust the "facing right" values. Try adjusting the commands at D0/4BC3 and D0/4C55. That should move things around when your character is on the left side of the screen.

If that doesn't work, I have another idea but it's a bit more complicated.
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Everything for this post:
  • DrakeyC (03-18-2017), madsiur (03-17-2017)

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 41
Status
None
Yup, that did it! Thanks very much. Laugh This will fix it for both back and side attacks, yes?

[Image: Filly%20Fantasy%20VI%20Version%201.0_000...zxwado.png]
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 233
Thanks Given: 56
Status
Tissue-aware
(03-18-2017, 01:48 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: This will fix it for both back and side attacks, yes?

It should since the script is only dealing with facing right or left, which cover all scenarios. $D04BC3-$D04C00 is the "left" script while $D04C01-$D04C3E is the "right" script.
  Find

Status
None
Sweet, thanks again!
  Find

Status
None
Okay, was doing some C2 work and had a thought.

http://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/F...sembly_C23

For an example, Pep Up. My hack gets rid of Pep Up because it sucks. But now I had the thought, if I take the code from C2/3CB8 for the Pep Up effect, and change it to something else, will it function properly provided I do the Hex right? For instance, I copy the Stone damage buff eff and change the damage modifier on it. Would it even have to necessarily be the same length as the current code, as long as it isn't longer?

Particularly, what I'm thinking is that I want to add some new way to calculate damage. I made Sabin's Bum Rush physical which is a big nerf, and in an update I want to maybe remove its defense ignoring properties, so I'm trying to think of ways to add some other damage modifier to it. If I copy the Valiant Knife formula and remove the defense ignoring part, will that work if I put it in place of Pep Up?

Code:
C2/3F89: A9 20        LDA #$20
C2/3F8B: 0C A2 11     TSB $11A2   (Sets attack to ignore defense)
C2/3F8E: C2 20        REP #$20
C2/3F90: 38           SEC
C2/3F91: B9 1C 3C     LDA $3C1C,Y (Max HP)
C2/3F94: F9 F4 3B     SBC $3BF4,Y (HP)
C2/3F97: 18           CLC
C2/3F98: 6D B0 11     ADC $11B0   (Add Max HP - Current HP to damage)
C2/3F9B: 8D B0 11     STA $11B0
C2/3F9E: 60           RTS

Also a general question, the full names of the cast used in the ending sequence, are those compressed graphics or text strings I could edit in Hex like the developer credits?
  Find

Threads: 18
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
Yes, it'll work, but a simpler way would be to just change the pointer of Pep Up to point to the Valiant Knife function, sans the Ignore Defense-setting code, ie. to C2/3F8E.

The pointer for Pep Up is here:
Code:
C2/3E0D: B8 3C ($20)

Change that B8 3C to 8E 3F and it should work.

EDIT: if you want to replace special effects, you can either change the pointer to a new location with your custom code, or you can overwrite the old code that is pointed to. In the latter case, appropriating an unused function (like Pep Up) is fine as long as the code is shorter or same length.

If you want to ADD special effects, find an entry that is unused (points to RTS) in BOTH pointer tables (once-per-strike and once-per-target) and point that to wherever you write your new code.
  Find

Status
None
Tried just changing the pointer, didn't work. Changed the Pep Up effect in Hex to the Valiant Knife effect from C2/3F8E on, also didn't work. Double checked both, but neither showed any change in damage (tested with Sabin at 2000 and critical HP).
  Find

Threads: 18
Thanks Given: 8
Status
None
You're right. The pointer that needs to be changed is the Once-per-strike one, not the Once-per-target. That pointer is located at C2/4321. You also need to nullify the Pep Up effect by redirecting the Once-per-target pointer to RTS, like so:

Code:
;xkas 0.06
hirom
;header

;Pep Up pointer (once-per-target)
org $C23E0D
dw $388C  ;Point to RTS

;Pep Up pointer (once-per-strike)
org $C24321
dw $3F8E  ;Point to Valiant Knife
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to seibaby for this post:
  • DrakeyC (05-10-2017)

Status
None
Yup, that did it! Normal 2600 damage, critical 4300. Thanks very much. Laugh
  Find

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
I know next to nothing about My Little Pony and the only thing I remember is the original TV show in the mid-1980s. Anyways, I'm enjoying this hack and I came across a few things while playing.

1 - "Snips: I dunno... Snails: Yeah, I don't like this." -> This is all in the same window when the text is displayed, it would be better if it were separated like they did for the GBA. The original did a lousy job at keeping things consistent.
2 - Guard: Machine-riding, self-important swine! Take this! -> Shouldn't the insult be related to horses and not pigs? Mule or donkey would fit better for this pony world.
3 - Near Fatal is written like this during battle and in the dialogue inside the ADV. BATTLE TACTICS, it is called Near-fatal.
4 - NEIGHSHE to Neighshe -> Ted Woosley's screaming town/area tags are a pet peeve of mine in the original.
5 - Tia: Canterlot is neutral in this war! Why are you here? -> The next piece of dialogue is missing in the original version as well. It is the following: "Trooper: Allies? The Empire and this back-water, two-bit kingdom?!"
6 - "Flash: I can't believe we're letting him leave...Tia: Where's Twily?" -> All on the same text box. The same problem is found across the original version in multiple text boxes throughout the script.
7- "Discord: Twily. Bring her to me, NOW! Tia: I don't know what you're talking about!" -> Same as 1 and 6, all on the same text box.
8 - Recovery spring -> Missing the punctuation period at the end of the sentence. It just looks weird without it.
9 - Thief Shoe to Thief Shoes -> I mean Winged Shoes is not Winged Shoe inside the relic explanation text. This is to keep things consistent.
10 - The Thief Shoe in Ponyville is sold in the Item Shop, shouldn't this be in the Relic Shop? It feels out of place and odd.

Add:
11 - Flash and Gilda text on same window box (Alicorn Range).
12 - Luna and Tia text on same window box (Alicorn Range).
13 - Zecora and Twily text on same window box (Mane Force Base).
14 - Flash and Tia text on same window box (Mane Force Base).
15 - Twily and Zecora text on same window box (Mane Force Base).
16 - Tia on same window box as Flash ending speech - war conversation (Mane Force Base).
17 - Cadie and Guard text on same window box twice in a row (Ponyville).
18 - Decapitalize (Equipment Menu) EQUIP/OPTIMUM/RMOVE/EMPTY & (Relic Menu) EQUIP/REMOVE & (Item Menu) USE/ARRANGE/RARE
19 - Cadie and Flash text on same window box (Ponyville - escape).
20 - Flash and Cadie text on same window box (Before TunnelArmor).
21 - Tia and Twily text on same window box (Neighshe - Security Check Point).
22 - Luna and Shy text on same window box (Crazy Stallion's House).
23 - Soldier A and Soldier B text on same window box (Imperial Camp).
24 - Discord and Soldier text on same window box (Imperial Camp).
25 - AJ and Silverstar text on same window box four times in a row (Fort Appleloosa).
26 - AJ and Apple Soldier text on same window box (Fort Appleloosa).
27 - Luna and AJ text on same window box (Phantom Train).
28 - Luna and AJ text on same window box (Phantom Train - Ghost recruit).
29 - Invincible chest in caboose, contains Tent.
30 - Luna and AJ text on same window box (Phantom Train - Time Schedule).
31 - Luna and AJ text on same window box (Phantom Train - Surrounded by Ghost).
32 - Invincible chest in one of the train cart, contains Tent and possibly another item right next to it. Similar to the original.
33 - Luna and AJ text on same window box (Crescent Mountain).
34 - Scoots, AJ, and Luna text on same window box (Crescent Mountain).
35 - AJ and Luna text on same window box (Crescent Mountain - Before jumping).
36 - Fancy and Mayor text on same window box (Neighshe).
37 - Fancy and Zecora text on same window box (Neighshe).
38 - Twily, Flash, and Tia text on same window box (Neighshe).
39 - AJ and Flash text on same window box (Neighshe).
40 - Twily and AJ text on same window box (Neighshe).
41 - Soldier and Discord text on same window box twice in a row (Desert heading for Neighshe).
42 - Cadie and Tia text on same window box (Neighshe).
43 - Twily and Cadie text on same window box (Neighshe).
44 - Tia and Flash text on same window box (Neighshe - Discord's defeat).
45 - AJ and Luna text on same window box (Neighshe - Frozen Esper).
46 - Luna and Tia text on same window box (Neighshe - Frozen Esper).
47 - Flash and Cadie text on same window box (Neighshe).
48 - Luna and Tia text on same window box twice during the whole scene (Canterlot's Flashback).
49 - "Hey, losers! Remember me? I owe ya one for screwing up my mission with Zecora!" Since the party already meet Gilda, you could add "Gilda: " before the sentence.
50 - Flash and Cadie text on same window box (Griffonstone).
51 - Octavia and Dashie text on same window box (Opera House).
52 - Rainboom's item shop selling Thief Shoe.
53 - Dashie and Cadie text on same window box (Rainboom).
54 - Mare and Soldier text on same window box twice in a row (Crystal Manufactury entry).
55 - Cadie and Hope text on same window box (Crystal Manufactury).
56 - Flash and Cadie text on same window box (Crystal Manufactury).
57 - Dashie and Flash text on same window box (Crystal Manufactury).
58 - Night Light and Twilight text on same window box (Esper World).
59 - Dazzleglow and Twilight text on same window box (Esper World).
60 - Night Light and Twilight text on same window box (Esper World).

Add:
61 - The Echo Screen is usable outside of battle, and yet the Mute status does not persist after the battle. It should not be usable outside of battle unless you are planing on making Mute status persist.
62 - Mag Roader (Purple) and Mag Roader (Red) -> The formation that contains these Mag Roaders should me mixed up with both since I didn't encounter the red variant during the Min Cart sequence.
63 - Light Shoe to Light Shoes -> I mean Winged Shoes/Speed Shoes is not Winged Shoe/Speed Shoe inside the relic explanation text. This is to keep things consistent.
64 - Sturdy Shoe to Sturdy Shoes -> I mean Winged Shoes/Speed Shoes is not Winged Shoe/Speed Shoe inside the relic explanation text. This is to keep things consistent.
65 - Shining and Flash text on same window box (Manehattan).
66 - Twily and Cadie text on same window box (Manehattan).
67 - Belle and Rarity text on same window box (Rainbow Falls Village).
68 - Belle and Shy text on same window box (Rainbow Falls Village).
69 - Rarity and Belle text on same window box twice in a row (Rainbow Falls Village).
70 - Flash and Shy text on same window box (Rainbow Falls Village).
71 - Rarity and Flash text on same window box (Rainbow Falls Village).
72 - Flash and Twily text on same window box (Rainbow Falls Village).
73 - Flash and Rarity text on same window box (Rainbow Falls Village).
74 - Twily and Rarity text on same window box (Rainbow Falls Village).
75 - Mayor and Twily text on same window box (Rainbow Falls Village).
76 - "Mayor: I think that's because they keep so many Fire Rods in here..." -> Fire Rods should be Flame Rods since the weapon was renamed to this.
77 - Twily and Flash text on same window box (Rainbow Falls Village).
78 - Flash and Twily text on same window box (Burning Home).
79 - Rarity and Belle text on same window box twice in a row (Rainbow Falls Village).
80 - Bell and Rarity text on same window box (Rainbow Falls Village).
81 - Flash and Rarity text on same window box (Rainbow Falls Village).
82 - Flash and Shy text on same window box (Rainbow Falls Village).
83 - There's something wrong with Flash when he nobs in agreement around the right eye unless that's what is suppose to happen. The expression looks strange.
84 - Rarity and Twily text on same window box (Esper Cave).
85 - Flash and Rarity text on same window box (Esper Cave).
86 - Rarity and Belle text on same window box (Esper Cave).
87 - Belle and Rarity text on same window box (Esper Cave).
88 - "You're somehow different... I sense a familiar power radiating from you..." -> "Night: " can be put in front of this text since we know its him talking to Twily.
89 - "Yes. I am Knight Shade, I speak for this group." -> Quite confusing, is this pony called Night or Knight Shade. Again, "Night: " or "Knight: "can be put in front of this text.
90 - In another text box, "Knight: " is used -> "Knight: The power link between us through the gate caused it to open, and we crossed over."
91 - Flash and Twily text on same window box (Esper Cave).
92 - Belle and Rarity text on same window box (Rainbow Falls Village).
93 - Shining and Discord text on same window box (Rainbow Falls Village).
94 - The battle between Discord and Shining, Discord name is blank during battle. Placing Discord's name would be nice.
95 - N.Star I believe, the second esper is in reverse during both scenes where the espers fly out of the gate.
96 - The palette swap of Firefly can be given a name if you wish, I'm sure there are pony palette swap or look-a-likes on the show. You could also change the spell the pony cast to Ice, Ice 2, Ice 3 or Bolt, Bolt 2, Bolt 3 to fit the new look-a-like pony and make it not fire oriented like Firefly.
97 - "AJ: Thanks to Tia, we escaped before they could pull somethin," -> Missing the period at the end of her sentence.
98 - Bell and Rarity text on same window box (Rainbow Falls Village).
99 - Rarity and Belle text on same window box (Rainbow Falls Village).
100 - Belle and Tia text on same window box (Rainbow Falls Village).
101 - Rarity and Twily text on same window box (Rainboom).
102 - "Rarity: If they were to be moved out of alignment, the resulting storm of chaos would......rearrange the face of the planet... Twily: What?!" -> Rarity and Twily text on same window box (Rainboom).
103 - Nerapa has a pony sprite, happen to forget to place a pony name?
104 - Hope and Cadie text on same window box - twice in the wake up scene (Solitary Island).
105 - Cadie and Hope catch a fish text box (Solitary Island).
106 - Decapitalize BUY/SELL/EXIT.

Add:
107 - Luna, Cadie, and Luna text on same window box (Rainboom).
108 - "Luna: If I move... The house will collapse. First... save the child inside..." -> child to foal.
109 - Able to fight Leafer(s) and Dark Crow(s) just west of Discord's Tower in the peninsula.
110 - "That sweet little girl stopped coming around right after the world ended..." -> girl to foal (Ponyville).
111 - "I'm so relieved to know my grandchild's alive!" -> grandchild to grandfoal (Ponyville).
112 - Bandit and Solaris text on same window box (South Ponyville Cave).
113 - Cadie and Dashie text on same window box twice in the same scene (Fillydelphia).
114 - Life Ring to Garnet/Diamond/Peridot/Opal/Topaz Ring -> to continue the gemstone teaching magic theme.
115 - Configuration menu (Mag.Order) - Healing/Attack/Effect -> White/Black/Gray. Holy is classified as... Healing. Doesn't make much sense.
116 - Tia and Cadie text on same window box (Thunderbolt).
117 - AJ's letter - "Granny and;" -> "Granny an’".
118 - "Fort Appleloosa lies on an island south of here." -> It's west of the Cave in the Veldt (Cave in the Veldt).
119 - Dragon's Neck Colosseum -> Pony's Neck Colosseum. More fitting name or am I missing something.
120 - Party and Shy text on same window box twice in a row (Colosseum).
121 - Belle and Rarity text on same window box twice in a row (Cultists' Tower).

Add:
122 - Frozen Esper has a blank name (Neighshe).
123 - "...Okay, Pinkie... Sorry for the fight. I'm just protective of my rocks." -> "Maud: " can be put in front (Neighshe).
124 - "...I'll go wait on the airship." -> Same as above.
125 - Maud's Boulder -> I was expecting Cave-in for the animation, but not the animation from the Lore Stone. Boulder's name or animation should be revised.
126 - Rarity's death sprite has an orange background.
127 - Safety Bit to Safety Ring -> Most of the helmets have the word Bit on them, was expecting an helmet.
128 - Sunset and Flash text on same window box (Fillydelphia).
129 - Gravty to Gravi and Gravga to Gravi2. Consistency with the other of Cure, Life, Fire, Ice, Bolt, Haste, and Slow spells.
130 - "Trixie: Trixie was exploring after her loss to the Mane-iac, when she got swallowed by the worms up there." -> The two worm-type enemy that I've encounter (Land Wurm & Tatzl Wurm) have the name "wurm" in them.
131 - Blueblood and Rarity text on same window box (Rainbow Falls Village).

If I see anything else, I'll post here when I resume my playthrough.
  Find