Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 0
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Sure, I'll get right on finding 255 easy fights to run through really quick..... Smile I
Ultima's not broken if only a few characters have access to magic and the only way to get Ultima outside of a Paladin Shield is Ragnarok, which also decreases your level by 1. Tongue

I can resist the temptation to spam Ultima on everything except for hard fights, you know. Tongue
Blizzard and Fire Ball back to back do significant damage when you're barely over 1000 HP in the WoR.
One of my guys has an Ice Shield.
Oh, and Red Jacket nullifies fire, so that's a plus for fighting the Red Dragon, who's hanging out in Mt. Zozo.

Besides, I have Ragnarok sword equipped, if I can get to Narshe, I can dual-wield Ragnaroks on my Quaser command user and end up with a nearly unstoppable character thanks to the +60% evade and Mevade. Smile

And yeah, Enuo was what I was thinking of.

Ultima is really only broken if everyone can use it during the final battle with Kefka. Tongue

Umaro's the Fixed Dice user, so that's going to be amusing, although, without Offering, Fixed Dice is sadly not the most amazing weapon ever of all time. Tongue
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Status
Prowess
There's a zone in the WoR, that, due to a glitch, spawns the Leafer and Dark Wind enemies. I've found that the Veldt also isn't *too* bad. It can be run through fairly quickly with a solid group wipe skill. Or you can just do what I do and use a RAM editor, because I don't play the game to uncurse shields, I don't feel bad about cheating that way.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Status
None
Wow. Show me where that zone is, please.
Also, yeah, the Vedlt could be an option.

I just have to make it through the Phoenix Cave, recruit Locke, and get to the Cursed Shield guy.
Plus, the Phoenix Cave in my seed only has a Dirt Dragon as a dangerous fight, and I can nullify Earth enough for that. Tongue

The cave also has one of the only two Behemothsuits in the game, without probably coliseum ????? fun times.

Also, I have no clue how to use a RAM editor, and I don't want to explode my computer.
  Find

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 2
Status
Prowess
It's zone 53, where I put zone 52 beside it so that it's easy to find.

Also, the RAM editor is more just like a save editor. All I do is go to the "items" tab, where all my items are listed, and change the 66(hex for Cursed Shield) into 67(hex for Paladin Shield). It doesn't actually require much intensive knowledge.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find

Status
None
Well, I'll try the really easy Leafer/Dark Wind fights first. Tongue

I never knew about that glitch. Pretty crazy.

OH, and amusingly the Dirt Dragon in the Phoenix Cave drops either a Tortoise Shield, or Marvel Shoes.
But if I'm insanely lucky, and level up my capture guy with the sneak ring equipped to like level 36 or so, he has a snow muffler as a rare steal.
He's level 53, and I don't know when exactly the randomness on stealing a rare steal is triggered, compared to the normal steal.

I mean, is it a 1/8 chance every time you attempt to steal and successfully steal? Does that mean I could save state/reload until it worked?
Or is the formula even more confusing?
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
yes, it's just 1/8, you can save state/reload.
I do it a lot in random fights, when the guy persists in not giving me the rare stuff  Pummel

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Status
None
Good to know. Currently, I'm trying to beat the SrBehemoth fight legit, with his undead form being replaced magically by some wise guy who only uses Sneeze.
Can we please stop giving random enemies Chupon's Collisieum AI? Smile

Okay, never mind, he's weak to instant death.

So, Pugs with 209 base speed and Haste are annoying, but with 1 Magic Power, and IMP vulnerability, they died fairly easily.
Got one Minerva out of 3, but I'm happy with that, 50% damage from some annoying elements, and nullifying the others is extremely going to help, especially against the Dragons or the KatanaSoul in a Box. Smile

So, hey, Excalibur has the Muscle Belt built in. :O
That's pretty nice.

So, I decided to test Sketch glitching, to see what item I'll find in the secret area in the final dungeon, and it's Murderface!
While I slightly disappointed it's not the Red Duster, Smile I will probably use that on my Umaro replacement, because Free Offering with the Fixed Dice might make the remaining bit of the Tower a bit easier. Smile
Especially if I can dual-wield them by that point, by finding two.
  Find

Threads: 4
Status
None
Having a paladin shiled makes you OP real quick Laugh  there's nothing else you will need other than getting more cursed shield if possible

Remember to use Omnislash in Remake Kungfu!
  Find

Status
None
Hey, Quik just discovered a hilarious name glitch. Bio Blast is named SuperBall if it's a command.
So, he was all excited about using Superball as a command. Smile

Abyss, when you get back to making this randomizer, you might want to tweak the names a bit.
  Find

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
that's due to the fact that bio blast used directly as spell(instead of one of the m-tek command, or tool one? the answer is the same for both)
will use Super Ball animation, hardcoded stuff that would never happen in vanilla in other words, not a bug.

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find