FF6 Hacking
Who is your favorite FF6 NPC? - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Vector, Imperial Capital (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-58.html)
+---- Forum: Polls (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-61.html)
+---- Thread: Who is your favorite FF6 NPC? (/thread-3249.html)

Pages: 1 2

Who is your favorite FF6 NPC? - Gi Nattak - 05-25-2016

Who is your personal favorite (non-major villain) NPC in the game? Please feel free to explain why.

1) Arvis
2) Professor Cid
3) Owzer
4) Duncan
5) Baram
6) Kappa the Imp
7) Lone Wolf
8) Siegfried
9) Yura
10) Impressario
11) Duane
12) Katarin
13) Esper Elder
14) Madline/Madonna (Terra's mother)
15) Other

RE: Who is your favorite FF6 NPC? - Kugawattan - 05-25-2016

Aha! The ox bellows! Allow me to introduce my blade!

RE: Who is your favorite FF6 NPC? - JWhiteLXXXIX - 05-25-2016

to this day i'm convinced Siegfried is unlockable somehow.. thanks for that vi lol

RE: Who is your favorite FF6 NPC? - B-Run - 05-25-2016

This was a tough call... There are a lot of great supporting characters... in the end I picked Arvis. Not exactly because of what he is, but because of what I've built him up to be in my head. All kinds of theorizing and speculating over his history.

At the very least he's got going for him that he was able to rescue Terra from the Narshe Mines before the guards got to her.

RE: Who is your favorite FF6 NPC? - FF6Fanatic - 05-25-2016

Siegfried! Although I always wanted to see more of Lone Wolf also. Both strike me as roguish characters, that's pretty cool in my book. Siegried -- and maybe I'm projecting this -- seems like a wordly, wisened, hunter-ish rogue/swordsmaster if that makes sense, lol. If I had it my way I'd make it so that the story had solo-Siegried vignettes, like a separate narrative that connects to the main story. I have this scene in my head where he arrives at Narshe after the Biggs, Wedge and Terra sequence and finds the townspeople dead and M-Tek tracks in the snow.

Anyway... Siegfried for sure lol

RE: Who is your favorite FF6 NPC? - Tenkarider - 05-25-2016

Siegfried, not the imposter btw

RE: Who is your favorite FF6 NPC? - Imzogelmo - 05-26-2016

What, no Duncan's Wife? I've always called her "Eleanor" for some reason. She looks like an Eleanor to me...

But there are so many good answers, it's hard to pinpoint a single "best" one... I'd probably go with Rachel though. Sure, she's in suspended animation throughout the game, but she must be special to have such a profound effect on Locke... and to be worth the cost of expensive medical herbs despite the obvious shortage that would occur immediately after the world goes to an anarchistic ruin.

Yes, I think about stuff like that. Tongue

RE: Who is your favorite FF6 NPC? - B-Run - 05-26-2016

(05-26-2016, 12:27 AM)Imzogelmo Wrote: But there are so many good answers, it's hard to pinpoint a single "best" one... I'd probably go with Rachel though. Sure, she's in suspended animation throughout the game, but she must be special to have such a profound effect on Locke... and to be worth the cost of expensive medical herbs despite the obvious shortage that would occur immediately after the world goes to an anarchistic ruin.

Yes, I think about stuff like that. Tongue

Why do you think Locke continued being a treasure hunter? I would find it very easy to believe he pays for her care with his... earnings. He basically gave his life away to rectifying his mistake with Rachel. His whole life became about treasure hunting to support her preservation, searching for a mythical stone to resurrect her, and secretly fighting against the empire that hurt her... not to mention the emotional trauma that causes him to basically be a "knight in shining armor" to every troubled woman he meets... Locke is an insanely fascinating character.

RE: Who is your favorite FF6 NPC? - Imzogelmo - 05-26-2016

You'll get no argument from me. Locke is interesting to me, beyond the generic "thief" class. His character has that pathos that really makes him feel real.

RE: Who is your favorite FF6 NPC? - SSJ Rick - 05-29-2016

Lone Wolf got my vote

I just always thought he was pretty cool