FF6 Hacking
[Terra Edit] Amano's Terra - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Owzer's Mansion (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-23.html)
+---- Forum: Player Characters/ NPCs (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-46.html)
+---- Thread: [Terra Edit] Amano's Terra (/thread-2866.html)

[Terra Edit] Amano's Terra - Joseph Collins - 05-21-2015

Looking around the forums, I know there's been a couple attempts at things like this before, but I'd like to hope mine is different enough to warrant someone's attention.  Plus, I think she goes pretty well with the likes of Astaroth_'s "Celes Amamo".

And so, I proudly present... Terra, wearing an outfit much more in-line with her Yoshitaka Amano and Dissidia Final Fantasy design:

Amano-style dress with cape

Amano-style dress with no cape

Amano-style dress with cape and blond hair

Various versions in-game

I actually made this as a personal project, since for whatever reason, as I started to re-play the game again... her original design felt strange to me.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, mind... and I probably wouldn't have even given a second thought, had I not seen Amano's artwork or her Dissidia renders... but something in me wanted her to look different.  And so, I set to work on making it happen.
Initially, I just changed her hair color in Final Fantasy 3 Sprite Editor.  I also recolored her legs while I was in there, giving her the illusion of white leggings.  While she looked good with blond hair and white leggings, even in her in-game outfit... I still wasn't happy, so I decided to spend the rest of the day working on editing her sprites.
After a few hours of work, I was finished with her dress sprites.  They looked and moved perfectly in-game!  But I still wasn't done...and so I decided to give her her cape/cloak thing.  It took a lot of work to make it look right and even now, I'm not sure it does... but it definitely looks "passable" -- like it's official spritework, almost.  So, I was finally happy.

I'd intended to release this as a "universal" ROM hack, since all it does is edit graphics and/or palettes... but upon further investigation, I decided that releasing such a minor update for a game just didn't feel worth the effort, despite the fact I'd already made patches and documentation and everything.  And so... here I am, at the one place I am dead certain would be appropriate to release this.

Enjoy the sprites, folks.  You are welcome to use them in anything, but I'd appreciate credit for the edits where applicable.

Edit: I forgot the extra pose.  It's included now. (The legs sprite is the same for both versions.)

RE: [Terra Edit] Amano's Terra - seibaby - 05-21-2015

Very nice!

RE: [Terra Edit] Amano's Terra - Murak Modder - 05-24-2015

...This is so amazing.

If I ever use normal Terra for anything, I am so using this instead, it just suits her so much better as she looks far more feminine now.

This is the kind of sprite that would be used in a 'sleek' redesign project that polished sprites to look closer to the intended conceptual art.

RE: [Terra Edit] Amano's Terra - SSJ Rick - 05-26-2015

these are not bad at all

great job

RE: [Terra Edit] Amano's Terra - Timbo - 02-21-2017

This in my opinion is the best Terra Sprite I've seen. I was really disappointed to find out that I couldn't use the blonde version without messing up everything else in the game. Which is why I recolored it using the gold and brown in her natural palette. I also corrected some mistakes I found in the several of her boots. Now, her hair is not as good as the original posters sprite, but it's way better than I thought it would turn out. Opinions?

[Image: o6TA01yl.png]

[Image: 9VWdH8Cl.png]

[Image: PXHA9ZJl.png]

RE: [Terra Edit] Amano's Terra - madsiur - 02-21-2017

Your edit is correct. The colors doesn't stand out as much as the originals but if this version is compatible with the rest of vanilla sprite, it's a plus.