FF6 Hacking
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hacks, Resources and Tutorials (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Jidoor Auction House (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+---- Forum: Completed Hacks (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-27.html)
+---- Thread: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) (/thread-2716.html)

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Tenkarider - 12-19-2016

still python? unless you're familiar with it, i think the windows version is more user-friendly

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Cecil188 - 12-19-2016

I meant the executable. I just call everything "the python file" because I know that's what it's coded in. But yeah, the executable file, the one that takes the inputs for the seed generation, is the important file.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Quikdraw7777 - 12-19-2016

Ummmm....noob question:
What does it mean if I do in fact, have the earlier version?

I feel like I may be missing out on some features that you guys might have.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 12-19-2016

It means you done goofed. Tongue
No, seriously, it means you lost out on some newer changes, and fixes to odd issues.

When you load up the randomizer program, in the Beyond Chaos folder, what does it say for the version number?

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Cecil188 - 12-19-2016

If you have the wrong version, just download the newest one. I can send it over Discord, but it's probably easier to use the link in Abyssonym's signature--just go to page 1 of this thread, as he obviously started it.

If you have the wrong version, you probably missed out on balancing that deals with some of the stuff that is just irritating, but not interesting(the Imp equips primarily). Depending on how far out your version is, you may have also missed some oversights(game breaking glitches) that I've found and notified Abyssonym about, such as enemies having skills that they shouldn't in their Control menu and such.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 12-19-2016

So, in other news, started a new seed, and so far, everything looks really nice.
Terra was replaced with Ayeka, who is Shadow, who starts with natural magic, though hasn't learned much beyond ice, and an impressive 47 magic power base.

Locke was replaced by Chi, a Moogle, with Fight, morph, magitek, and magic. He starts with a whopping and unheard of 62 speed. Good gravy.

Edgar is replaced by Locke who is named Kasumi....!?!, and has 28-34 for base stats, with SoulOut and Lore as commands. Smile

Sabin is replaced by a Merchant named Serena, so obviously their father was really drunk when he named them. Smile
He also has Tools and Magic, and Item.
And 53 vigor.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Quikdraw7777 - 12-19-2016

(12-19-2016, 09:18 PM)DavidB1111 Wrote: So, in other news, started a new seed, and so far, everything looks really nice.
Terra was replaced with Ayeka, who is Shadow, who starts with natural magic, though hasn't learned much beyond ice, and an impressive 47 magic power base.

Locke was replaced by Chi, a Moogle, with Fight, morph, magitek, and magic. He starts with a whopping and unheard of 62 speed. Good gravy.

Edgar is replaced by Locke who is named Kasumi....!?!, and has 28-34 for base stats, with SoulOut and Lore as commands. Smile

Sabin is replaced by a Merchant named Serena, so obviously their father was really drunk when he named them. Smile
He also has Tools and Magic, and Item.
And 53 vigor.

62 BASE Speed!?
Good lord - that's insane!

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 12-20-2016

It doesn't get any crazier than that.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Quikdraw7777 - 12-20-2016

Oh, and by the way guys, I just checked which Beyond Chaos version I have;

Somehow I got Version 58.
So this may explain some of the issues I'm having?

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Cecil188 - 12-20-2016

Aha! It's as I suspected. That's likely the explanation for some problems.

So yeah, version 62 is the most up to date version.