FF6 Hacking
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hacks, Resources and Tutorials (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Jidoor Auction House (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+---- Forum: Completed Hacks (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-27.html)
+---- Thread: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) (/thread-2716.html)

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Tenkarider - 10-11-2016

Appearently Madsiur stated few days ago that they were working in those days to snes9x 1.5.1 version(not 100% sure if it was the exact number)
I don't hate Znes, i just don't feel anything for it, in exchange i like snes9x.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 10-11-2016

Fair enough, Tenka.
And well, good to know, Lockirby.
Well, I guess I'm going to start having to switch over to SNES9X soon.
I believe save games are compatible between the two with a little bit of work, right?

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Lockirby2 - 10-11-2016

Yeah, just put the .srm file Snes9x's "Saves" folder, and make sure it has the same name as the ROM you're using.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 10-14-2016

In other news, I generated two new seeds, and using nothing but PartyParty, which should make it default to every flag, but both times Umaro was the berserker still according to the text.

Does that flag not get used properly?
Actually, I just remade a seed using all the flags this time, including the umaro risk, and it still made him the Beserker.
I know it's a random character, but that seems weird.

Oh, I could not hit Whelk at all with Hyperdrive. Which seems really weird. It just would not work at all.
Other seeds, it works just fine, but this one, it just acted like it targeted nothing.

While I'll go back eventually to the other seed with Tempest dirk oddness, this seed right now seems promising. Edgar's replacement has Wild Bear as a command. Smile

I'm weird, I just like restarting every so often. Smile Sometimes it's fun.
Also, ah! I'm a ghost!

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Quikdraw7777 - 12-09-2016

Don't tell me you guys are done with the discussions!

I just found this ROM, and I praise the designer like the FF6 Deity he is for not only restoring my childhood nostalgia - but also providing us with a near ENDLESS supply of possible playthroughs we all can experience.

I'm just starting to play/stream these random seeds, and I plan to alert you guys of any bizarre and/or completely HAX characters or Monsters.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Tenkarider - 12-09-2016

it's not like discussion are finished(still 46 pages of game discussion are definitely something), most of the times this topic gets updated when someone here starts a new seed and provide some commentary, so it's ok if you wanna share your playthrough experience  Wink

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Quikdraw7777 - 12-09-2016

(12-09-2016, 06:43 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: it's not like discussion are finished(still 46 pages of game discussion are definitely something), most of the times this topic gets updated when someone here starts a new seed and provide some commentary, so it's ok if you wanna share your playthrough experience  Wink

Speaking of which, I recognize your name, good sir. You have some BeyondChaos videos on YouTube, correct?

I remember distinctly in one of the Speed Cave videos, it started with a Celes that had a command called "4x Ice"....

It was used just once and she unleashed an Ice Elemental attack which decimated the enemy party, and then a second Ice Elemental attack on her own (which laid waste to her crew as well).

I was like WTF o_O

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Lockirby2 - 12-09-2016

The discussion is never done as long as you can start it back up again. Tongue BC is great for hearing about multiple playthroughs.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Quikdraw7777 - 12-10-2016

Just started another seed.

Turns out, Terra was replaced by Umaro (under the generated name of "Chi") .

Interesting equips/stats:
- Started off with an Aegis Shield (!!!)
- Has Blowfish as a command......you know - the attack that deals a fixed 1000 damage everytime.

This run has potential!!

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Cecil188 - 12-10-2016

I'm always looking forward to discussions here, as I always have a playthrough of my own going. One thing that's particularly interesting is David's Hyperdrive. I'm wondering exactly how that worked...

In addition, if a character starts with the Aegis Shield, prepare for an underwhelming selection of shield equips. Chances are, he'll have access only to the Aegis Shield, the Tortoise Shield, and maybe the Paladin Shield and Genji Shield.

While I'm still here, the Senzu Beans special item is infinite Life 2, but it seemed to not work on dead characters, as if it were a Potion or something. Which, naturally, makes the thing almost completely worthless.