FF6 Hacking
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hacks, Resources and Tutorials (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Jidoor Auction House (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+---- Forum: Completed Hacks (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-27.html)
+---- Thread: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) (/thread-2716.html)

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Tenkarider - 05-21-2016

Sounds cool, we are in 4-5 at the moment, huh? at this point shouldn't we bring the discussion in the related thread about racing?

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - bitiumribbon - 06-07-2016

Okay so, I am a newbie to this forum but I'm relieved to find that this thread is still somewhat active. I have questions and I could not for the life of me find the answers, so abyssonym, I hope you have the time to answer them or at least point me to the answers!

(or anyone else who knows the answers, yada)

I'm experimenting with the randomizer and very much enjoying myself. I just had a couple of questions:

1. The screenshots feature colour/palette changes to battle backgrounds and overworld maps, but for the life of me I haven't been able to make that happen. Is that actually a thing in the current version?

2. I would really like to swap the character sprites around without changing the palette colours for the sprites. Is that possible? I tried just flagging 'swap character graphics' and it changed their colours anyway. 

.... yeah, just those two things for the moment. I love those screenshots where literally everything is a different colour. And--

OH. One more!

3. Those screenshots that have, say, 4 morphed Terras or 4 Sabins. Was that completely random or was that a testing thing? 

I think that's it. LOVE the work, thoroughly enjoying playing around with it. Thankie!

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - abyssonym - 06-08-2016

1. Only certain maps and backgrounds are recolored. The World of Balance is mostly the same, but you should see some differences starting in Sabin's scenario.
2. It's not currently possible to swap character graphics without recoloring them. I'm not opposed to the idea, but I didn't think anybody would want to do that.
3. Those are special modes that you unlock by entering a code along with your flags. The codes are "suplexwrecks" for all sabins and "bravenudeworld" for all esper terras. There's more codes in the README.

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I'd like to work on it some more but I've had too many other obligations lately.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 06-25-2016

So, I just wanted to say hi again. And in the next few weeks, I might be streaming this on Twitch.
Going to do a new seed, from the beginning as Terra, and hopefully turn it into a thing I do.
I can't guarantee any of this, but baring really bad stuff happening, it should happen.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 06-26-2016

So, The opera House has stupid rats that are replaced by mages that spam cure 3 as a counter to everythng, on the whole party 50% of the time. WTF. And the rats actually spawn with PEarl Wind. Okay game.
Seriously, they also all have Magiteck tech facility DEFENSE?

At least you can run from them. I got past it by running from every single fight but the first one. Good lord, what the hell happened to this game?
That should never ever happen. Never allow the monsters in the damn Opera house to have that level of stupid impossibility.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Tenkarider - 06-26-2016

that sounds like the AI of Nohrabbit

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 06-27-2016

Well, I'm going to Nohrabbit the head of anything else that tries that crap on my characters.

By the way, the streaming is probably gong to happen by the end of this week.

There seems to be a fun enemy in the area by Vector who finds it funny to spam all level 2 spells if they're together, but never if there's other enemies around.
So that's fun. Smile

At least Pummel and Suplex are helpful against high defense enemies.
Suplex a little less so.

Oh, I have to ask, can we fix Slot so you can actually use it in battles, without having to resort to some weird manipulation of it's mechanics?
I like the randomized effects, but taking a week just to get the game to match 3 airships is a bit tedious. Smile

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Tenkarider - 06-27-2016

that's how slot works, if you don't have to hope that the 3 slots match, then it's not a slot anymore  Shrug
if you want to see all slot combinations that bad, then use savestates

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 06-27-2016

That's not how it works, Tenka.
Using Savestates doesn't work on Slot. I've tried for 20 minutes once manipulating savestates multiple times just to attempt to match up 3 of the same thing.
So do not tell me that I should use Savestates.

All I want is for the game to not treat every monster encounter as a boss and break the slot command. Seriously, how is that a difficult task to ask for?

Like in the base game, getting certain slot combinations only work if the game decides to let you do that at the start of a battle.
I'm not trying to find what Joker-Doom's combos do here. I just don't want to spend 10 minutes fiddling with slot to get 3 chocobos to show up, just to find out the game won't let me do it at all in this battle.

Mind you, most of the time that combo works. And currently in my seed, it does Sun Bath, so yeah, if I really want to, I'll save state on it. Smile
I'm just saying, refining Slot to not act more randomly drunk than a collection of drunk men and women at a bar would be nice.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Tenkarider - 06-27-2016

I believe it follows some rule the slot: after a certain point not even savestates change the result(like the third slot or even the second)
still my bro was able to manipulate the outcome of slot with savestates somehow, but i realize now i kinda never used savestates for slot Tongue