FF6 Hacking
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hacks, Resources and Tutorials (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Jidoor Auction House (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+---- Forum: Completed Hacks (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-27.html)
+---- Thread: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) (/thread-2716.html)

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Tenkarider - 04-30-2016

ahahaahah!!  Laugh

[Image: thuglife.jpg]
Some time ago i made notice how much broken was love token

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Michaelsoftman - 05-06-2016

Hello, I am back with a new question.

How can I edit the spellsets in skillrandomizer.py? I am able to change the spells in each set, however if I try to change a name, or add a new spellset following the same format, I will either get an error or the new set will never generate. I can't find if there is somewhere else in the source that validates the names or only pulls from a list of names.

Thanks in advance for the help!

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 05-09-2016

So, in my new seed, using True Random generation, from Random.org, two generations of 5 digit numbers equal the 10 for my seeds, this way, I feel more nerdy, Smile, Edgar is Sabin, and has blitz and Slot.
For once, Suplex is not a complicated mess to use, and is RR<-<- on the controller.
Looking forward to beating Vargas a bit easier. Smile

OH, that reminds me, Mt. Koltz has two sections for the same treasure chest, yet the chests there never change.
In my last seed,I tried to get the better spawn by waiting until right before the Floating Continent, and it didn't have anything changed.
Any clue?

So far, the seed does look decent. Even if it's a bit mean on the lack of item commands. Smile
Sabin was the first character with an item command.
R-Rare and Slot Sun Bath replacing Chocobop was very helpful to balance that.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Cecil188 - 05-10-2016

I don't recall Mt. Koltz having treasure chests that upgrade in vanilla. You may wish to check if the treasure ID corresponds with a treasure in the final dungeon. Some of the treasures will upgrade to something else in a randomized final dungeon, as I recall.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 05-10-2016

Yeah, but all those treasures are listed in the final dungeon section.
Why would Mt. Koltz be different?

Yeah, there's only two cases of this treasure in the list, and it's only in Mt. Koltz.
Apparently, Genji Armor is there, but only if you find someway to unlock it's upgrade. Tongue

Okay, can someone explain to me why my Magitek abilities are not the same as Terra's.
Are there two separate magiteks a person can spawn with?
That's exceedingly confusing.

Because having Hyperdrive as an option only show up in the first tiny bit of the game is a hell of a mean trick. Smile

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Cecil188 - 05-11-2016

Hmm...It looks like Abyssonym would have to answer that question. I have no clue why those treasures are listed twice; they never change in vanilla.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 05-11-2016

Fair enough. Now I question the randomizer's logic functions this run...
From scanning through the document.

Goddess has this under locations.
"LOCATION: World of Balance B-8 NE, Final Dungeon"
I have no clue how the coordinates system works, but I think it's a bit excessive to have Goddess spawn for someone unfortunately in the world of Balance. Tongue
Also, she has an unblockable death attack, so that's going to be fun. Although, last time I fought an enemy with an unblockable petrify attack, it was blocked by the safety bit/amulet/whatever else stops it Smile
Drops an Experience Egg though.

Also, Intanger's Replacement, at least, it seems to be, can have a ribbon stolen form him rarely, so that's nice. Tongue
Yes, I know, some people don't care for Ribbons. I like them just fine.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Cecil188 - 05-12-2016

B-8 should be part of Triangle Island. Lots of weird stuff apparently spawns there, but I'm not sure how valid that is, because my friend went to Triangle Island once to fight a Storm Dragon, but never found one after quite a bit of searching.

As I recall, Goddess doesn't call her special attack in her script. Chances are, she will never use that instant death attack.

As far as Ribbons go, I feel like most people like them, I just have it out for them for no particular reason.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 05-12-2016

Ah. Okay. Well, once I get my airship, soonish, I'll go see if that Triangle Island spawns anything weird. Tongue
So, far ,the seed here looks nice. It was a challenging first bit of the game, barely any healing items in shops, but now it's picking up speed.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Tenkarider - 05-12-2016

Are you sure she doesn't use the special? i'm pretty she does and it's the one with thunder animation...