FF6 Hacking
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hacks, Resources and Tutorials (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Jidoor Auction House (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+---- Forum: Completed Hacks (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-27.html)
+---- Thread: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) (/thread-2716.html)

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Cecil188 - 04-13-2016

-You can walk back to the save point after defeating Whelk, can't you? You could also force a battle just before meeting Tritoch, which would nearly guarantee you an encounter-less walk to the save point.

-The rare steal is indeed listed first. This is also true for drops and sketch abilities as well. I would wager that encounter is a rare one, and I'd also mind its level. If it's level 90, you'll need to be at least level 41 to steal, and the odds even then are about 1/1024.

-You may be able to get a Ribbon from one of the ?????????? items in the Coliseum. Even if you can't, Ribbons aren't *super* useful, in my opinion.

-It's a shame removing the curse on the Cursed Shield immediately transforms it without unequipping it. Otherwise, you could have a very early Paladin Shield. Oh well.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 04-14-2016

Allow me to explain myself better, the fight with that Blizzard enemy is after Whelk, after Terra is alone.
And I guess I could have saved after Whelk, but that's only a tiny difference in the time it would take to beat that random encounter easily. Tongue
After all, it almost always started the fight with it. It took 8 tries to get it to let me kill it.

Thank you for pointing out the stealing thing. I didn't know that.

Ribbons are really useful if the game refuses to give you Peace Rings you can't use at all. Tongue
And sadly, my ability to troll the game's Coliseum AI isn't too good. Smile

I don't have that much skill in that regards.

The Paladin shield steal is from a level 49 enemy who can spawn in both the Phoenix Cave and the final dungeon.
It shouldn't be too absurdly hard to get a few. Tongue

Cyan/Vegeta spawned with a free Genji Shield, so that was nice of the game. Tongue

I ran into that silly group of enemies that spam Giga Volt as a counter to everything ever, seems like every randomizer run has at least one group of enemies that do that, and it's always an overtuned version of Giga Volt.

Beats the unique Monster in a box in the Dragon's Neck house. That fight had a guy who loved spamming Hypderdrive for 7000 damage.
Wat.

Also, Yes, I know I complain about silly things, like the Giga Volt, but it's how I am. You don't like the Ribbon, I don't like Giga Volt as a counter to everything ever. Tongue

I think we can agree the Ribbon is more useful than being struck by lightning.

So, I just had an enemy get revived by another enemy who used a phoenix down on him. Wat.
I'm scared now. It's becoming self aware!

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Cecil188 - 04-14-2016

-Yeah, I realize where the enemy with Blizzard is, but you should still get maximum walking distance before an encounter if you get an encounter before you reach Tritoch. If you were guaranteed 20 steps(as an idealized scenario) between every battle, you could get a battle before Tritoch, do the stuff in Arvis's house, go across the bridge into the cave, and then have 20 steps to move to the save point(which I believe is just shy of it, though).

-Not a fan of Confuse, are you? It is certainly one of the deadliest statuses in FFVI, just because of the balancing with character skills versus enemy skills.

-Sometimes the Coliseum battles can be really unforgiving. I generally don't bother with it until just before I enter the Fanatics' Tower, which is the last thing I do before Kefka's tower. Generally by then, a quick look at the text file will allow a setup that walls all of the enemy skills.

-A level 49 enemy? Surely it must be a rare encounter. I don't recall the last time I saw an enemy I'd like to encounter that I was able to encounter easily. Most of the time the game makes the best enemies to see the hardest ones to see, but you might be lucky!

-A free Genji Shield, huh? I got a free Thunder Shield myself in my current game.

-I've noticed there's almost always an enemy that counters with Giga Volt. It pulls from the Aspik/Aspiran enemy. Unfortunately, it's generally too early to mute with Siren, so unless you have Runic(Giga Volt can be Runicked, which makes Gold Dragon even sillier), those guys can be a pain.

-HyperDrive?! In that house? I can't remember the last time I've seen a powerful enemy that early. HyperDrive can also be Runicked, but it looks like you got past that just fine, so whatever.

-It's not that I don't like the Ribbon, I just generally have something better to equip, as I generally favour Marvel Shoes, Safety Bits/Memento Rings, and various other things.

-I've come to love Giga Volt as a lifesaver with my free Thunder Shield, actually! Saves me from Magnitude 8 more than a Ribbon ever could. But yeah, I get what you mean.

-An enemy targeted another enemy with a Phoenix Down? That's...startling. I wasn't aware there were enemies that could target anyone other than themselves with items. It would be great if the other enemy was undead. That would waste turns for the enemies.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 04-14-2016

Yeah. That was crazy.
Also, there's an enemy in the cave to the Sealed Gate, shows up in groups of 5.
Has a rare steal of a scimitar, and has a normal steal of a mega-elixir!
Whoa.

But when I get the 99 really easy Mega-Elixirs, Tongue, I'll prepare more for that fight with Hyperdrive.
One of my characters has Runic, so I'll use him for that fight.

And a level 49 enemy with the Paladin Shield as a rare steal? I think it won't be too difficult. Tongue
Sneak ring is nice this run.

Okay, so Mega elixir farm is a bit out for now. They tend to cast Exploder a lot. Tongue

Hopefully something else can protect me from Confusion until Ribbons show up somehow, or the Peace Ring stops being drunk and lets me equip it. Tongue

Okay, the Flameeater should never spawn with immunity to every single element but bolt, summon minions that do stupid levels of physical damage, and the fight should not magically start by removing your ability to be invisible from phantom, making the fight 30 times harder because of the physical damage minions.

It took forever to kill the thing, I had to try a dozen different tactics, finally resorting to rasping it to death, which took 4 tries, despite it's paltry 870 or so MP.
WTF.

It's the Flameeater, it should literally not be the most broken boss in the game.

Seriously, WTF, Doom Gaze with Regen, Haste, Shell, Reflect, Safe, Reraise, random other bonuses, and Pearl Wind and an attack that casts instant death that can't be blocked by anythng would literally be more balanced and fair.

This is supposed to be a Randomiizer. Not FF6 Hardtype Mega Ultra BS edition Mk 3 Omega.
Seriously, your randomizer is drunk.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 04-16-2016

Update :Air Force is really annoying this run. Like really annoying.
For some reason the first time I fought him he spammed Wave Cannon every turn.

Now he seems normal.
Still wish I understood how magic power works in this game.
An enemy with 14 magic power that's level 25 can hit for over 600 damage with Wave Cannon.

So far, with the exception of Drunk Air Force, Tongue, and of course overpowered as hell Flameeater, the game is very fun this randomizer.
The game will get even more fun in the World of Ruin since I can find a lot of good gear, and after some work, I think I can get into the Final Dungeon to loot a few chests earlier on than normal.
Hopefully.

Now if only Celes's replacement would stop thinking she's Gau and can't wear any weapons. Tongue

Well, Atmaweapon seems to be a bit stubborn this run. "No, no Reflect/Zoneseeker/golem combo for you, David, Casts Meteo."
I do Reflect, he starts stabbing me in the face. I use golem and then he decides to use Meteo.
Is he specifically coded in the base game to troll the hell out of you with sentience?
Hilariously, his final form in the final dungeon is weak to Petrify, so that will be easy. Tongue

So, I beat Atma by gaining two levels and rasping him to death.
Took a bit of time, but it worked well.
Now I just have to hope the escape from the floating continent doesn't have too many bad trolly enemies. Tongue

Now, I have to ask, why the hell would the randomizer put enemies who have a confuse attack in the collapsing house when there is no way to counter confuse this run because the Peace Ring is only available on Sabin's replacement?

Your randomizer should not literally break the game. Tongue
Imagine if someone didn't learn warp, or those enemies got the "Cannot run from battle flag."
You really need to make sure that never happens, since it would make the game unplayable.
I don't know how you do it, but you have to do that.

And if this forum didn't have an auto merge posting feature, it would be easier to get people to see this thread. Tongue

Seriously? These confusion spammers are showing up in the Figaro Castle area as well? Is there ever a place these things don't break the game in? I mean, come on here....

Also, this seed is so buggy.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Cecil188 - 04-17-2016

As far as the FlameEater goes, even in vanilla, it has immunity to 5 elements, with the nearly unexploitable Wind element being one of the 3 he's vulnerable to. 7 elements sucks, but I'm more curious about the stats on the minions.

As far as WaveCannon goes, it has a power of 110. By comparison, Bolt 3 has a power of 120. Essentially, WaveCannon is nearly as powerful as Bolt 3, and just as powerful as Giga Volt. Additionally, if Air Force has auto-morph, it would be doing twice as much with WaveCannon.

For Atma in the final dungeon, Petrify is surprisingly difficult to exploit, because most things that inflict it also check for Death. The only ways to inflict it is through Mind Blast, Dread, Delta Hit, or a special from Rage. If you don't have any of those, you might be out of luck there.

As far as the collapsing house goes, it would be very unlikely for there to be a perfect storm that would make the place unbeatable. I don't know how they're inflicting the status, but Vanish or Magic Evasion ought to help reduce the chances of dying.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Tenkarider - 04-17-2016

My bro would say: "That's cute" since he played the randomizer when Outsider(Kefka tower ninja) were still in the mid-game monsters tier due to his stupidly low level... they were inside the house with the kid in Tzen, they had ~9000 HP, spammed in couple, started with auto-clear, can't run from them(even if you know warp) and throw the hell out to you... he still managed to find a way to get chests and the kid.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 04-17-2016

Vanish would help a lot, you're right, and I'm an idiot for not trying that.
It can only be cast in battle, so it's a bit of a crap shoot to do it.

I was not aware that the Break spell checked for instant death first then Petrify.
I've used Sketch to trigger Petrify on vulnerable enemies before.

I'm sorry for freaking out and panicking. I do that from time to time. Tongue

I don't mean to do that.
I didn't know Flameeater was immune to 5 elements in the base game though.

And ouch, outsider ninjas in that house would be really bad.

It's just, I didn't expect the game to cheat and make Peace Rings not work on everyone but one person, and also make an enemy that's common that spams Confusion on it's attacks.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Lockirby2 - 04-17-2016

I think that trying to prevent all scenarios similar to the one you mentioned would require dealing with an absolutely enormous volume of edge cases (which would be near impossible), or making the randomization affect less (which would be boring, and make the game worse IMO). I like the randomizer where it's at. Things will almost always be doable, although some things (like Confuse) will stand out more on some runs than others. Although I agree that this would probably be inexcusable in a regular hack.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 04-18-2016

The thing is, this seed is esepecially beyond stupid difficult in ways it shouldn't be.
Chardanook the painting demon spams bolt 3/bolt 2 as a counter to every single attack or ability, and heals from it.
So, you either get very dead, or you heal him a bit every time you do damage.
And then he goes back into the painting every 4 seconds he's out. LOL wut.

I'm getting extremely irritated by the completely absouletely nuts levels of enemy abilities this run.
First the Peace Ring sillyness, then completely drunk boss fights, and now the most absurd combination ever, Chardanook having the ability to cast bolt 3 multiple times in a single turn, and not to all party members.
And then bolts every day, and twice on Sunday.
This is just getting stupid.
I'm sorry, but throwers before Vanish is more easier, and I hated that.

I'm really thinking about abandoning this seed and then smacking Abyss with a trout.
And then smacking Tenkarider's brother with a trout for having worse luck than me. Tongue

I love this randomizer, but if I get a heart attack, or a stroke off of it, I'm sending all of you my medical bills. Tongue

Actually, I decided to start a new seed. This shows promise, Terra's replacement has Meteor as a command. Tongue
Locke's has Steal again, and Entwine. Smile
But Edgar's replacement has Capture. Tongue
So, that's hilarious.