FF6 Hacking
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hacks, Resources and Tutorials (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Jidoor Auction House (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+---- Forum: Completed Hacks (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-27.html)
+---- Thread: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) (/thread-2716.html)

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Cecil188 - 12-20-2015

Fire Skean and Quasar...? I have an enemy that does the same thing in my current seed...I wonder if that's not a coincidence. The drop rate on that Paladin Shield would probably be 1/8. Additionally, the White Dragon's a piece of cake. Except for the fact that he often has an instant death special that he'll actually use in the Coliseum.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 12-20-2015

White Dragon didn't have any special instant death issue on my end.

If your enemy has a Quasar that does about 400-600 damage, then yeah, it would be exactly like mine.

Update, I had fun with Infernal, the super annoying bolt 3 spamming jerk guy in the final dungeon.
My third party was not my best, but I had Lore on one of my guys, so I just worked on getting lightning nullified.
He surprised me with meteor, but it wasn't a GG, you die meteor.

This is also why I didn't want to farm the Paladin Shield drop guy, he's rare, has 100 mblock, and can WTFpwn with Meteo. With 173 ACC.
AGHHH.

Oddly enough, the only way to get a minerva dress is to bet an aegis shield, which should be in a few chests in the final dungeon.
I'm really hoping since about half my party can use a paladin shield, the other half can use the Minerva.

At the very least, eventually I'll find Poltergeist, and then I can figure out how to find the super secret item that should be really powerful. Smile

Nothing insane yet.
Just an enemy that has a lot of health and when it dies, it auto attacks with "Incinerate." which is death to anyone who doesn't have vanish.
And that neat ice dragon like monster, which spawns 4 enemies in the same spot

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Cecil188 - 12-20-2015

Inferno's Meteor is only included in his attack script if either Striker/Ketu or Rough/Rahu has been "killed," so Meteor can be avoided as long as it's the legitimate Inferno battle(the one in Kefka's tower), and not the dummied one.

The Quasar did deal roughly 500 damage to me. Normally persisting traits across seeds occur for a reason(like cactuar's strange stats), but I'm certain there's no enemy in vanilla that can use Fire Skeans and Quasar. I still wonder what's up with that.

100 MBlock shouldn't be too hard to get around, to be honest. I think the -aga spells should still hit at least a quarter of the time, and there's plenty of other options, like GrandTrain, for example. Additionally, I'm pretty sure the enemy's accuracy only factors in for it's attack and special. Meteo should have the same, relatively terrible accuracy(80) regardless of the enemy using it.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 12-21-2015

Ah. Fair enough about Meteo, and yeah, it's been years since I beat FF6, so I forgot about Inferno's trolly abilities.

Too bad Meteo doesn't act like mertron. Smile And be absorbed by fire healing.

It's a lot of fun though, my shadow replacement has meteo as an ability, and it hits almost all the time.

Having Celes' replacement come with R-Rare and naturally learned ultima, helped a ton.

Crusader's unlocked, and it's teaching Ultima slowly. So, by the final area, I should have the ability to Ultima spam Kefka. Tongue

Oh, and here's the guy who uses fire skean and quasar.
Rake Unr (Level 37)
/----------------------------------\
| HP: 5086 | ATK: 1 | SPD: 47 |
| MP: 802 | DEF: 119 | HIT: 131 |
| XP: 1161 | MPOW: 8 | EVD: 25 |
| GP: 1344 | MDEF: 151 | MBLK: 0 |
\----------------------------------/
WEAK: bio
IMMUNE: imp, near death, poison
AUTO: float, reflect
OTHER: can't escape, dies at MP zero, undead
SPECIAL "FlailTopsy": vanish
SKILLS: Fire Skean, Quasar
LORE: Quasar
CONTROL: Battle, Fire Skean, FlailTopsy, Quasar
SKETCH: Quasar, FlailTopsy
STEAL: Partisan
DROPS:
MORPH (3%): Earrings, Hyper Wrist, Stout Spear, White Dress

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Cecil188 - 12-21-2015

For comparison:
Razis (Level 28)
/----------------------------------\
| HP: 1313 | ATK: 16 | SPD: 39 |
| MP: 120 | DEF: 126 | HIT: 131 |
| XP: 156 | MPOW: 10 | EVD: 0 |
| GP: 320 | MDEF: 129 | MBLK: 0 |
\----------------------------------/
NULLIFY: fire, ice, bolt, wind, pearl, earth, water
IMMUNE: blind, condemned, confuse, death, imp, magitek, near death, petrify, poison, regen, seizure, slow
AUTO: interceptor, reflect
OTHER: dies at MP zero, difficult to run
SPECIAL "K Burn": vanish
SKILLS: Fire Skean, Quasar
LORE: Quasar
CONTROL: Battle, Fire Skean, K Burn, Quasar
SKETCH: Fire Skean, K Burn
STEAL:
DROPS: Dark Hood

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 12-21-2015

Well, that is similar.
Eerie.
Yours has a lot more resistances.

At least it doesn't use Eye for an Eye. Smile

I am now Mog according to the rank. Yay.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Cecil188 - 01-01-2016

So, let's start off the new year with...another glitch! Seed info is 62.ancientcaveowzbmciqetunfspda.1434674313

First, the location is the WoR South Figaro town just after the the 3-switch room down the center path.

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaIgJgbT0BQ
Description: It's like there's no monsters in this pack. Except, I still get EXP and gil.

I don't really have anything more to say about this.

Also, I was wondering how feasible it would be to put in the readme which weapons can randomly cast things when striking enemies. It might have helped me in the last seed a little.

Edit: Apparently it appears in another pack, whatever it is. Based on what it does, I'd wager it's an enemy with Auto-Zombie. So, not a glitch. However, I'm not sure if that should be possible(is it intentional?).

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - abyssonym - 01-01-2016

Seems like auto-zombie is on the money. There's an enemy called Sisste that has it (and auto-vanish), and assuming that you fought a group of 3, the math on the experience points works out. Extremely crippling statuses like auto-confuse and auto-zombie are very rare, but they are intentional. Who knows, maybe it'd make an interesting rage.

Adding weapon procs to the guide is workable. I'll put it on the to-do list. I know I haven't been updating BC lately, but I am keeping a list of bugs and suggestions for when I have more time.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Tenkarider - 01-02-2016

ahahha XD 
the most epic farm of Exp and GP!  Laugh

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Lockirby2 - 01-02-2016

(01-02-2016, 05:05 PM)Tenkarider Wrote: ahahha XD 
the most epic farm of Exp and GP!  Laugh

If only that wasn't a fairly rare encounter in an area mostly filled with deadly bears. Sad