FF6 Hacking
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hacks, Resources and Tutorials (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Jidoor Auction House (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+---- Forum: Completed Hacks (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-27.html)
+---- Thread: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) (/thread-2716.html)

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 12-19-2015

Yarghhh.
Economizer can't be used by anyone in the game, unless it's going to be Gogo or Umaro's replacement.
That is beyond chaos, that is just plain stupid.

I mean, really? The only item in the game that's worth replacing doom/instant death immunity....
Certain items should not have that level of randomization. Seriously.

So, the econimizer can be used by Rein, Umaro's replacement, who can never use magic.
Da fuq?

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - abyssonym - 12-19-2015

Not sure what the fixed dice situation is. Tenkarider says his dice were bugged on a recent seed too, so I think there must be something else going on.

As for the economizer, well, that's just bad luck.

Bad luck indeed.
Grumble.
As for the Fixed Dice, heck if I know either.
Sad

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Cecil188 - 12-19-2015

As far as the Cursed Shield goes, reasonably often, you can bet it for the Paladin Shield, or for something that bets for the Paladin Shield. Often, if I can't do that, I just use a RAM editor to change all of my Cursed Shields into Paladin Shields. After all, I play for fun, not to remove curses on shields.

Fair enough, I'll look around on the list of bets.
Also, funny thing to note, a monster that's extremely rare in the forests of the world of ruin has a chance to drop the Paladin Shield.
Smile
I have no idea what the drop rate on that would be though.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Lockirby2 - 12-19-2015

Personally I don't mind that there's a low chance for something like the Economizer to be completely useless. It keeps you on your toes and forces you to make use of strats that you might not otherwise.

Yeah, I just overreacted, and I'm sorry about that.
I was doing fine without it, I was just mad it was useless.

Not as bad as no sneak ring usefulness.

Currently, THe Paladin shield is obtained by betting a Merit Award, and fighting a really sad enemy. Smile
Merit is won by fighting the White Dragon again. Oh, boy. Tongue

Also, Genji Gloves are bet for Genji Armor, but the fight is with a super sneeze happy crazy person.

How does one counter sneeze? I know Chupon can be beaten, but Sneeze spam counter to everything is extreme. Smile
Well, okay, he has 6570 health, so as long as I use Ultima, he should die instantly.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Tenkarider - 12-19-2015

Believe me: you was lucky with that, i had to beat the first time a damned Eagle with 65535 in colosseum which was probably the substitute of Brachosaur and he could sneeze!!! to defeat him i had to wait until the very end of the game, in which i found Demonica and used Fixed Dice + Offering + Genji glove to kill him before he could crush me

PS. the only way to counter sneeze in colosseum is jump

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Lockirby2 - 12-19-2015

(12-19-2015, 04:21 PM)DavidB1111 Wrote: Yeah, I just overreacted, and I'm sorry about that.
I was doing fine without it, I was just mad it was useless.

It's okay. Smile If you feel something can be improved it's never an issue to bring it up. If somebody disagrees, then they disagree, but nobody should have a problem with you bringing it up. The worst that will happen is that Abyss just won't change anything. Smile

Okay. You'll all find this hilarious.
One of the enemies in the final dungeon, in the first area spawns like the ice dragon, where there is 4 of them in one spot. Smile

And thank you for being friendly, Lock.

Oh, yeah, another enemy in Cyan's Dream was given Quasar. YAY!

Although, to be fair, their Quasar was weak.
They were Ninja Mages. They used Fire Skean, and Quasar.