FF6 Hacking
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hacks, Resources and Tutorials (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Jidoor Auction House (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+---- Forum: Completed Hacks (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-27.html)
+---- Thread: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) (/thread-2716.html)

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - abyssonym - 12-16-2015

Oh, well, more specifically it means that there's a duplicate chest somewhere in the world that might contain a different item. Who knows, maybe the player does decide to visit the final dungeon first.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 12-16-2015

Oh, I see now!
Thanks for explaining that.

so, two amazing things happened earlier.
They're both bad though.

THere's an enemy in the final dungeon in this seed, that has attack power of 255.
OW.
The really bad news, it can spawn in a-4 on the world of ruin, which is everywhere around the section with Zozo, Kohengehin, whatever it's spelled, don't even get mad at me for not spelling that right. Tongue
And it can spawn with an ally that throws things.
The really really bad news, it loves to spam blizzard and cold dust.
And did I mention it's ally that loves to throw things? Tongue
Vanish is difficult to pull off when it keeps getting removed.

The second awesome thing is Enemies now know how to use Vanish/Doom on you.
Except instead of Doom, they love using Chokesmoke, and if you are Vanished, it hits even if it's not supposed to.
Chokesmoke only affects dead targets.

But with Vanish, it decides to just turn people to Zombies. Tongue

Bwahaahaha! I just checked, apparently, the only esper that can get me to learn scan of all things, is Crusader!
That's hilarious.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Tenkarider - 12-16-2015

When i see dangerous guys, like random monsters which love to spam Meteor(i found 2 or 3 of them in racecave) i usually ran away like there's no tomorrow, if you can't run away, then use another group to trigger their battle, so that step count resets and then return to that party and walk enough to change room, or repeat the trick after you did enough steps Tongue

Awesome, in BC it's the enemies which exploit bugs, not the player! Laugh

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - abyssonym - 12-16-2015

I didn't know that about vanish + chokesmoke. That's pretty neat. I always thought it would be a cool idea for a boss to use vanish to hit the party with low accuracy spells like Meteo.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 12-16-2015

Your creation is becoming sentient, Abyss. Smile
Exploiting Vanish like that, pairing up attack combos, like the aforemention attack 255 guy and his throw friend.

I'm currently on Mt. Zozo, just killed the Storm Dragon, who thankfully, and unlike he normally is, not in his standard WTFPWN your face mode.

He dropped Marvel shoes. Yay!

Also, this run is going to be neat, because you can use Air Anchors at the Collisieum, and turn them into Ribbons.
And well, being immune to sleep is probably the best side effect of those Ribbons.

Hopefully a lot of my party members can use them. Or I will smack you with the fury and power of a thousand burning suns. Smile

I haven't seen anything else crazy yet. DoomGaze is coming up soon though. Got 2 things to do first.
Also glad to know Gau's replacement magically shows up on the airship once you get it. Tongue
"Hi, I don't even know how I got here, but I'm here!"

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - madsiur - 12-16-2015

(12-15-2015, 09:52 PM)DavidB1111 Wrote: I also don't see how people being comfortable with something somehow stalls technological progress.

Yes it does, assuming we are speaking of comfortable in its definition of adequate or sufficent. If everyone believes zsnes is adequate and sufficient, less people will be inclined to develop new emulators. If a lot of people think zsnes (and other emulators) is/are inadequate/obsolete/missing feature, there's more chances some of them will start the project of programming a new emulator. The obvious is that all inventions were not driven by the same forces the same way, as an example some things are discovered by luck (by researching something else). More obviously, the first SNES emulator was not created because the previous SNES emulator sucked.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Cecil188 - 12-16-2015

@ Tenka Ah yes, the good old party-swap-to-avoid-battles trick. I remember using that back in version 51 where apparently you could get an encounter against an enemy with vanish, except instead of your party, it looked like you were forced into an auto battle with a party consisting of Kefka and Gestahl. Only problem was, all they did was attack, and since the enemy was on Vanish, they would always miss.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 12-17-2015

I understand your points, now, Madisur.

I still believe that even if people liked ZSNES, despite it's bugs, Snes9x would still come into existence.
That said, I did not mean to start a war over emulators because of weird flickering. Smile

So, update, Ribbons can be worn by everyone. Which is nice!
Even better, they come with built in Hyper Wrist. Smile
Now that's funny.
And I can buy the Air Anchors that can be bet for Ribbons for 50,000 Gil.
That's not bad actually. Smile

Also, can you please reduce the amount of enemies that can use Sneeze in the Collisseum? Tongue
The ribbon one doesn't, but still.

OH, for hte love of, can you please make it at least that enemies in the Colosseum cannot spawn with Sneeze as a counter to every single attack in the entire game, regardless of what it is, or what it does. I use Reflect in a fight, lol, it hits Sneeze.

The reason it needs to be fixed is because it really is an issue that makes certain fights literally impossible without any way of being done normally or balanced, or even fair.
Even Chupon in the base game can be beaten.
These super Sneeze counter spammers are multiple thousands of times worse, because there's no way to really counter Sneeze.

So, funny thing, A monster in the box in the Cave on the Vedlt had it come down from the ceiling, which was amusing, because it was a skeleton dragon graphic.
"I'm a spooky skeleton! OOOOH!"
Haha! It has 3 Hp, and 255 evasion and mevasion.

So, SrBehemoth's undead form was replaced by his evil twin who was weak to instant death. Smile
Best boss fight ever.

So, every enemy in the Ancient Castle magically has reflect.
I thought I was in the Ancient Castle, not the Fanatics Tower. Smile

THankfully, my Celes learned Ultima naturally.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Cecil188 - 12-17-2015

1. In regards to the 3HP enemy, that would be your cactuar. Except, with randomization and Cat Hoods, you can get more gil from it than usual(I think my record is 26000 and something).

2. Isn't SrBehemoth always vulnerable to instant death? You know, because he's undead? Regardless, the replacement for him was not guaranteed to be the same way because he's fully randomized, so nice find there. I've found quite a few times that there's some kind of crippling status effect that can be used(like confuse, for instance). It's always nice to find when it uses Ultima like a jerk.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 12-17-2015

Well, normal SrBehemoth is not a zombie, but his replacement is well, his undead zombified remains.
This time, the replacement was weak to Cyan's ultimate sword tech skill that instant kills things.

My Terra looks like Relm, and has R-Sword, which helps in a lot of fights.

Currently, I'm struggling through the Fantatic's Towers.
Got my Fixed Dice. Hopefully they'll be good this time. Smile

I still find it funny to encounter a random monster in a chest that floats down like that, and is well, essentially a Cactuar.
I got a nearly 20,000 from the Lerno, and well, Dice make enemies with high evasion a joke. Tongue

She's got great Magic stats, at least, but it's funny having Terra turn into Cyan in a way, got his weapons as well. Smile

Relm this run seems to think she's Gau, and refuses to use weapons. Tongue

Also, I beat the Fanatics Tower!
Yay!
Apparently, level 80s can be converted to megaelixers if I'm lucky with Ragnarok.
Which would be a great way to get them, if it wasn't for the annoying issue of having to deal with everything in the tower.
Also, Poor Magicmaster, he got his name changed to Lvl 255 Magic.

Seriously?!?! The Fixed dice are bugged again? Either they only display 2 dice, or they only throw 2 dice? You said you were fixing that, and that it was originally a 4% chance.
I did not fight through the fanatics tower, which took over an hour for this trolling. Sad

While you are still fired for the Fixed Dice being drunk, I'm still having a good run.
Not looking forward to Narshe, and grinding the Cursed Shield. Smile