FF6 Hacking
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hacks, Resources and Tutorials (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Jidoor Auction House (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+---- Forum: Completed Hacks (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-27.html)
+---- Thread: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) (/thread-2716.html)

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 12-14-2015

I know I didn't translate it over a hacked rom.
It's a 1.0, I know that much, because I used it as the base for your hack as well. When I downloaded it awhile ago.

I'll see if something can be edited in the options.
I mean, I can still play the game and all, it's just painful.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Tenkarider - 12-14-2015

Why there's still all that people who keep using ZNES? snes9x has no flaws...

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Lockirby2 - 12-14-2015

Has SNES9x gotten a rewind feature at some point? Because that's why I still use ZSNES. To me, it eclipses the fact that SNES9x has better sound quality and is less buggy.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Tenkarider - 12-15-2015

I tried to interact with ZNES menu and it was the worst uncomfortable thing i ever did with an emulator in my life, dealing with savestates is a torture(mostly for hacking tests) and something else i don't remember right now Tongue
PS. can you deal screenshots with ZNES?

If you can deal with what you said, good for you i guess...

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Gi Nattak - 12-15-2015

That's funny I feel the same about snes9x, those points you made. I guess it's just what the person got used to and feels comfortable with, that or one of those emulator purists who care more for the technical aspects above all else and shuns the use of any other emulator. Off the top of my head, I personally like the turbo feature with zsnes more for one, it is far less choppy, at least for me. I do like snes9x as well now that I know a lot more about it than I did, about how it is technically more accurate and thus superior, but I always go back to using zsnes most of the time because that is what I am comfortable with, making recordings, dumping spcs, all my save states for tests, making screentshots etc.

EDIT: Oh, the other main thing I like about zsnes is how you can go out of the game (music & game still playing) and do other things on your computer. As far as I know, snes9x needs to pause when trying to escape from the emulator in order to keep it's accurate timing? This is just a guess as to why it pauses, and for all I know there's a setting to change that maybe...probably not. But yeah I like how I can exit out of zsnes to do other things and still have the game playing. That is nice, as I like to hear the music and go from place to place and work on other things. This is just a personal preference, I doubt anyone would care if the emulator pauses when they go to do something else for a while.

Also it being less accurate seems to help out certain things like monster molde graphics not messing up if more than 3 monsters are in a formation and the moldes get in each other's way, it will mess with the sprite graphics - this does not occur with zsnes. Also as we know now, the amount of instruments on a song spilling over issue. Both of these I guess are present in real hardware, so again, it's not snes9x's fault, but I do like how zsnes does not have said issues!

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - abyssonym - 12-15-2015

I use the "rerecording" build of Snes9x because it has a lot of useful features for hackers like RAM watch, frame-by-frame, and trace logging. There is also an option to let it run in the background when the window doesn't have focus. Pausing when the window isn't in focus is just a preference thing, it doesn't have anything to do with the accuracy. The accuracy is important to me though because I want my stuff to run on my flash cart.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - madsiur - 12-15-2015

(12-15-2015, 03:54 AM)Gi Nattak Wrote: I guess it's just what the person got used to and feels comfortable with,

I'm not going into the emulator debate, but if everyone would do this, there would be less technological progress (new emulators) and people would learn less, as far as be aware of the features and use the potential of other emulators.

It's not because you got used to winXP and are very comfortable with it that WinXP is the most appropriate operating system for you. There are to things to consider and comfort should not be on top of the list.

Anyway, I'm using Higan when I play/test hacks, custom bsnes or custom SNES9x builts to debug, and ZSNES for screenshots / SPC.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 12-15-2015

Wat. No, really, I did not expect my odd graphical issue to start the Battle of Hastings again. Smile

Zsnes was the first emulator I ever used, many years ago, so I stuck with it.
As for it's bugginess, other than the graphical glitches which make my eyes wince, I've never heard of any of them.

I also don't see how people being comfortable with something somehow stalls technological progress.
That's not how technological progress works.

"I don't like this, so I'm going to make something completely different and better." is not how we got computers and calculators, and anything better than Abacuses. Smile

Unless I'm missing the blindingly obvious.

But Zsnes to me despite graphical tearing, has never steered me wrong.
I'm not sure why it tries to murder my eyes, but that didn't happen in older ROTDS, either when I beta tested it, or even the really old versions, and it didn't happen in the base game on Zsnes.

I'd remember that. Smile So, something in this mod freaks out Zsnes somehow.

50 posts? Neat.
Also, why are ancient castle chests marked with the * that indicates they get better later in the game? Just something weird I just noticed.
And the final dungeon does that too.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - abyssonym - 12-15-2015

Yes, exactly. The * means you might encounter that chest again later. It will be labeled with the same number in the guide. It's not guaranteed though... some chests are technically in the game, but cannot be reached by the player.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 12-16-2015

Yeah, but the final dungeon and the ancient caves shouldn't have any special changing of the loot in the chests later.

That's why it's confusing.