FF6 Hacking
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Hacks, Resources and Tutorials (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Jidoor Auction House (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+---- Forum: Completed Hacks (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-27.html)
+---- Thread: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) (/thread-2716.html)

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Cecil188 - 10-18-2015

Couldn't you just open the program a bunch of times and go from there? It would be a bit tedious, but you'd still probably be able to pump out seeds at a decent rate.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - abyssonym - 10-18-2015

My only advice is that Beyond Chaos can be run from the command line with arguments, so you don't have to go through the interface every time. The format is:
Code:
beyondchaos.exe FILENAME VERSION.FLAGS.SEEDNUMBER

Leaving the flags and seed number blank has the same effect as leaving them blank in the interface. So if you just want the default randomization, you can do:
Code:
beyondchaos.exe FILENAME ..

Stick that line in a shell script 25 times and you can generate a bunch of roms at once.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Michaelsoftman - 10-29-2015

Hey thanks, that actually worked really well. I was able to set it to generate 50 Roms at a time and I'd go through them one by one.

I figure it might just be easier to tweak the randomizer instead. How do you make a spell more or less likely to appear? I was able to remove a lot by editing spellbans.txt.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - abyssonym - 10-29-2015

The second column in spellbans.txt is a modifier to the spell's rank. Low-ranked spells are more likely to appear, so you can lower the modifier to make it more common. For some spells it will also affect enemy AI, but Ragnarok can't be used by enemies so changing it won't affect them.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 11-02-2015

Hey! I know I've been gone for awhile, but it's nice to see a new version has come out, and with some nice changes!
I can't wait to try this one on for size.

I'll start another new game. From the beginning. 3rd times the charm, and maybe Doom Gaze won't come into play with reflect and vanish and regen this time. Tongue

So, looking at the changes, boy am I bit behind the times, I had 57.

I noticed you added two commands to the readme, which after decrypting them, are naturalmagic, and naturalstats.
I assume this means people gain stats on level up, and magic on level up.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - abyssonym - 11-02-2015

Welcome back. To be honest, not much has changed for the main game. Most of the updates were for the Ancient Cave modes. There were some minor bugfixes and other changes, though. "naturalmagic" and "naturalstats" are actually just challenge modes... they remove learnable spells and level-up bonuses from espers, respectively.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 11-02-2015

Oh, I see.
And well, I guess I'll just go do some ancient cave runs then. Smile
I don't know, I don't mind starting over that much. I can speed through the cut-scenes enough that it doesn't slow it down that much to start over.
PLus, I want to see a super boss spawn inside a clock like Tenkarider. Smile

So, my Shadow spawns with Meteo as an ability. Yay!

Every single time, the randomizer has thrown in Giga Volt as an enemy attack on the Phantom Train, without fail. Can you calculate the odds of how likely 3 different seeds would use that same basis as an attack? Tongue Or if not the train, the forest.
Weird, huh? 3 times in a row, Giga volt.
Oh, and Back guard relic can't be equipped by anyone in my party. Clearly the RNG wants me to be pincered a lot. Tongue

Okay, up to Vector so far, going to the Magiteck research facility.
Celes has R-Rare, so that's helpful. Smile
Nothing too bad so far, just a few trolling enemies with magntitude8 as a counter. Tongue I don't have access to more than one gaia gear.

LOL! I got the point of reaching Lone Wolf, and getting towards Mog, and I opened the chest Lone Wolf was supposed to have stolen ,and it had a monster-in-a-box. Smile

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 11-06-2015

Okay, so, I've decided to give a random ancient cave run going, and uh, I'm not liking the add to party collection of members, because if your party is full, you have to literally backtrack through the entire dungeon, change your party to 3 members, go back all the way to the rest stop, to add the person to your party, and then do it over quite a few more times to get people into your party.

That seems really inconvenient, and rather annoying.
They really should automatically go back to the ship/group, instead of forcing you to backtrack a lot, when your party is full.

I mean, this is kind of killing my enjoyment here. That's a lot of effort just for party members.

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - Tenkarider - 11-06-2015

in rest/shops there's also a new NPC that allows you to swap party members, which means you can also move in another party the members(unless you already have 12 members, still i don't know if you can actually also remove some member from the group)

RE: Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer) - DavidB1111 - 11-06-2015

Uh, where is this mysterious person in a shop? Because I never found them in the shops I've been at.
Just the person that allows you to remove your equipment from everyone.

Shouldn't it be in every shop? Or am I just literally blind?

I just checked this shop. There's no way to change my party members around here.
This really should be in every single shop without fail, or at least every single shop with a party member.