FF6 Hacking
"Final Fantasy VI: Flashbacks" Prequel - graphical story - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Darill's Tomb (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-42.html)
+--- Thread: "Final Fantasy VI: Flashbacks" Prequel - graphical story (/thread-2036.html)

Pages: 1 2

"Final Fantasy VI: Flashbacks" Prequel - graphical story - ZoMathew - 04-09-2013

Hey FFVI Hackers,
I'd like to formally introduce my personal project: "Final Fantasy VI: Flashbacks"
A Prequel to the classic game.

It will be 28 chapters, with each 'scene' being a photo that resembles a screenshot from an actual game/Final Fantasy VI.
I conducted research to come up with the ideas and plot, based off canon AND non-canon material, along with my own imagination to expand on tidbits that were briefly touched upon.

Part of my research included stumbling on this board and finding the wonderful sprites you all have come up with.
After every 7 chapters, I plan on releasing a PDF with the 7 previous chapters, along with artwork and credit acknowledgement for the sprites I used [and also re-edited myself but I still give credit to the original sprite creator].

My only purpose for this project is to express the ideas that my mind came up with for the story behind this game, and HOPEFULLY it will be enjoyable for readers.
I am currently releasing this Prequel story through Instagram, but you can read it even without having that phone app by going to my Instagram URL:
http://www.instagram.com/ff6fb

But if you ARE on Instagram, then go ahead and follow me for easier/faster viewing!!

The way I'm approaching this Prequel is that I don't want to make any drastic changes that would negate what we actually see in the main original game, but IF one chooses to believe in my story, that it builds upon this world and adds even more depth to the characters' dimensions !!

Also, I hope I'm allowed to even post this project, considering it's not an actual rom-hack. I'm willing to work with forum moderators on making any necessary changes to this post.
thAnkh you ALL !!

RE: "Final Fantasy VI: Flashbacks" Prequel - graphical story - SSJ Rick - 04-09-2013

I have to say in the hack I've been working on I will include a lot of history, including answering many of the unanswered questions (plot holes) in the story

I had an idea for my hack that involves an archive of the history of the Empire including a lot of the original history of the story as well as a lot of ideas that I had myself

I liked some of your ideas, if its cool with you, I'd like to implement a small touch of your work with mine (with your permission of course) and you will be fully credited

in return I'll be more then happy to make a sprite sheet or 2 for you

RE: "Final Fantasy VI: Flashbacks" Prequel - graphical story - ZoMathew - 04-09-2013

(04-09-2013, 09:17 PM)Poco d(-_-)b Loco Wrote: I have to say in the hack I've been working on I will include a lot of history, including answering many of the unanswered questions (plot holes) in the story

I had an idea for my hack that involves an archive of the history of the Empire including a lot of the original history of the story as well as a lot of ideas that I had myself

I liked some of your ideas, if its cool with you, I'd like to implement a small touch of your work with mine (with your permission of course) and you will be fully credited

in return I'll be more then happy to make a sprite sheet or 2 for you
sure, I'm always looking to see other people's creativity in work.
If you like any of my ideas for your project, just PM me.
Since we're working in 2 different mediums, there shouldn't be any problems!!
Confused

RE: "Final Fantasy VI: Flashbacks" Prequel - graphical story - SSJ Rick - 04-09-2013

very true, the ideas you have don't counter anything I thought of, in fact some of it can potentially lead to some of my ideas

RE: "Final Fantasy VI: Flashbacks" Prequel - graphical story - CaptCatchphrase - 04-10-2013

You've got some quality storytelling and some fantastic artwork there. Keep it up!

RE: "Final Fantasy VI: Flashbacks" Prequel - graphical story - ZoMathew - 04-10-2013

(04-09-2013, 11:59 PM)Poco d(-_-)b Loco Wrote: very true, the ideas you have don't counter anything I thought of, in fact some of it can potentially lead to some of my ideas
all's well that ends well!!

(04-10-2013, 10:11 AM)Capt. Catchphrase Wrote: You've got some quality storytelling and some fantastic artwork there. Keep it up!
thAnkh you for reading!! Please stay tuned, because the story and events will get better and more exciting,
AND all the future chapters build off the foundation of the early chapters!!

RE: "Final Fantasy VI: Flashbacks" Prequel - graphical story - JWhiteLXXXIX - 04-14-2013

very good was a bit disapointed when got 2 the last page wanted to keep reading. please carry on with this Smile

RE: "Final Fantasy VI: Flashbacks" Prequel - graphical story - ZoMathew - 04-16-2013

(04-14-2013, 03:23 PM)Jameswhite89 Wrote: very good was a bit disapointed when got 2 the last page wanted to keep reading. please carry on with this Smile
I've been ill the past couple days, had to give my eyes a rest but I will resume posting tomorrow!! thAnkh you for reading the whole story thus far!!

RE: "Final Fantasy VI: Flashbacks" Prequel - graphical story - ZoMathew - 05-14-2013

BLAH.... I wanted to finish/post the whole story [28 chapters] by the end of 2013 so I could start work on my next project in 2014, but I don't think I can make that deadline... especially when I'm gonna take a 1-3 week hiatus after I post all of Chapter 06.
Either not enough time and/or not enough energy...

RE: "Final Fantasy VI: Flashbacks" Prequel - graphical story - SSJ Rick - 05-15-2013

these things tend to happen don't sweat it too much man you'll get to it when you get to it