FF6 Hacking
Character's Palettes on the Save/Load, Party Switch, and Shop Menu - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Magitek Research Facility (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Character's Palettes on the Save/Load, Party Switch, and Shop Menu (/thread-1683.html)

Character's Palettes on the Save/Load, Party Switch, and Shop Menu - Fenrir - 06-11-2012

I ran into this little problem involving palettes. I've change Gogo's sprite to Leo's. I used an Hex editor (HxD) to change palette #03 (Gogo/Banon/etc) to #00 (Leo/Edgar/etc) at B83E0. He's pretty much the real Leo flawlessly (I'm only missing Leo's Chocobo ridding sprite), but the problem comes when either saving (Save/Load menu), or changing party members (Party Switch menu), and buying items (Shop menu). The palette that loads in these three places are that of Gogo's palette #03 instead of palette #00. Does anyone know how to fix this? I also would like to ask if someone ever made Leo's Chocobo ridding sprite by any chance?

RE: Character's Palettes on the Save/Load, Party Switch, and Shop Menu - Gi Nattak - 06-11-2012

There's an option in FF3usME in Gfx > sprites then you'll see there on the right side a 'Save screen/shops palette index where you can check the box there to use the same one as battle. That -may- solve it for you. Still, you shouldn't have to do it that way I thought.
So double check your work at:
CB/81E2: 43 Assign palette $03 to character $0C.
although I'm sure you have.

If that doesn't solve it, it's something else, we'll figure it out.

Poco Loco has a Leo riding sprite, I believe.

RE: Character's Palettes on the Save/Load, Party Switch, and Shop Menu - Fenrir - 06-12-2012

(06-11-2012, 08:00 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: There's an option in FF3usME in Gfx > sprites then you'll see there on the right side a 'Save screen/shops palette index where you can check the box there to use the same one as battle. That -may- solve it for you. Still, you shouldn't have to do it that way I thought.
So double check your work at:
CB/81E2: 43 Assign palette $03 to character $0C.
although I'm sure you have.

If that doesn't solve it, it's something else, we'll figure it out.

Poco Loco has a Leo riding sprite, I believe.

Face palm, was that all? Man, how could I have missed that. I was expecting something a little more complicated. Many thanks Gi Nattak, I appreciate it. I just check in-game, and its now it's Leo's palette in those 3 menus. Many thanks.

Oh, someone did make a Leo riding sprite. I hope he doesn't mind me PM him for it.

RE: Character's Palettes on the Save/Load, Party Switch, and Shop Menu - SSJ Rick - 06-12-2012

I dont mind at all

I'm here to help

RE: Character's Palettes on the Save/Load, Party Switch, and Shop Menu - Fenrir - 06-12-2012

Thank you Poco Loco, I've PM you with info/e-mail. I've been looking thru some documents, and I couldn't find the answer. I want to change Gogo's "twirl" to Leo's "walk in" at the beginning of a battle. Anyone know how to do this or where the info is located?

RE: Character's Palettes on the Save/Load, Party Switch, and Shop Menu - SSJ Rick - 06-12-2012

not a problem

I think Angelo, or Madsuir might know (if Nattak doesnt)

RE: Character's Palettes on the Save/Load, Party Switch, and Shop Menu - Gi Nattak - 06-12-2012

(06-12-2012, 06:42 AM)Fenrir Wrote: Thank you Poco Loco, I've PM you with info/e-mail. I've been looking thru some documents, and I couldn't find the answer. I want to change Gogo's "twirl" to Leo's "walk in" at the beginning of a battle. Anyone know how to do this or where the info is located?

I asked the same question about where the character battle-intro animations are to edit or switch them on the Slick Production forums a while back, and apparantly there is no documentation on them still, however Lenophis suspected them to be in D0.

RE: Character's Palettes on the Save/Load, Party Switch, and Shop Menu - madsiur - 06-12-2012

If I remember right Imzogelmo or assasin released a patch that change the "intro" or "outro" of each character at the beginning or end of a fight. No matter which one it is, with a bit of creativity (IPS report...) you could locate the area where those routines are. With a bit of luck, the characters intro/outro might be close to each other. Now it's probably not explicitly documented and it's probably more than a couple of bytes to change, but the routines are probably dissasembled (worst case scenario you use a dissasembler...), but anyone attempting this should be able to read code (minimally...). Maybe it's less difficult to change that I imagine or maybe more, I don't know...