FF6 Hacking
Final Fantasy VI - Dissidia - Heroes - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Darill's Tomb (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-42.html)
+--- Thread: Final Fantasy VI - Dissidia - Heroes (/thread-699.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Final Fantasy VI - Dissidia - Heroes - .Gilgamesh// - 10-11-2010

(10-11-2010, 01:57 AM)DjinnAndTonic Wrote: Trance is such a small part of Zidane's playstyle in FF9, though. Steal and Escape were far more important. Not to mean the status effects from his Thievery skills. You could save his Dynes for his actual Desperation attack.

Nothing in Tidus' offense is slow like SwdTech, it doesn't fit his build at all. He's a speedster

I like what you said but I am willing to remind you that there is a patch to rev up SwdTech to LUDICROUS SPEED! Meaning if this is an Eve of Darkness type hack, You could put the strongest technique in the middle similar to his limit breaks. In other words SwdTech has to go somewhere.

RE: Final Fantasy VI - Dissidia - Heroes - FEOK - 10-11-2010

that sword tech patch make it go insanely fast, and although tidus is fast his not that fast Laugh

RE: Final Fantasy VI - Dissidia - Heroes - DjinnAndTonic - 10-11-2010

Of course SwdTech has to go somewhere - Cloud. SwdTech builds up gradually like FF7 limit breaks, not to mention that there's the same number of SwdTech abilities as there as LimitBreaks for an FF7 character, and they are learned via leveling.

Though I suppose you could argue that with the speed patch it's too fast to really represent the amount of time it takes for FF7 limits to fill up in a single battle.

zeemis had a fast working sword tech,it was a good speed and was 2 fast, i dont know how he did it though Laugh

RE: Final Fantasy VI - Dissidia - Heroes - SSJ Rick - 10-11-2010

I made a custom blade beam and meteor rain 4 Cloud already, ask Nattack he'll tell ya Wink

other then that I am @ the brink of perfecting cross slash

i'm gonna make a lion heart animation, or some of squalls limit breaks cause there isnt any lol

RE: Final Fantasy VI - Dissidia - Heroes - Yuke311 - 10-11-2010

and im make Demon Fang from Tales of symphonia!

RE: Final Fantasy VI - Dissidia - Heroes - NeoBahamut - 10-11-2010

ok...wow...a lot of comments! Laugh
where to start...

First off, I'm focusing on the sprites first, I do have the tidus sprite, but since I have to deal with the palettes of each sprite, I have to recolor certain sprites. An example of this is I don't even have Terra done, even though she is a part of the game. Good news about that is I've only got like three or four more left, I'm half way through Firion right now.

I am going to redo maps, and it is going to be like Zeemis' hack in that perspective, the player will start in the WoR. I plan on redoing maps such as the Phoenix Cave, Gogo's Cave (Zone Eater's Stomach), Umaro's Cave, Kefka's tower and maybe The Cave On/In the Veldt. If possible, when it comes to the Pheonix Cave's events, I'd like to delete the event where you find Locke and replace it with a Boss battle that ends with you getting an esper.

And by a Chaos sprite, I meant sprite sheet. If it was just a monster sprite, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I've already considered many ways I could to the move sets. As to who gets what, that's a surprise, but rest assured that you won't get anything sh*tty.

Everyone that uses magic, will get Magic specific to what they use in Dissidia FF. Example would be that Bartz gets Holy, but Firion gets Fire, Ice, and Thunder.

Weapons will be the same as magic, I will revamp the entire weapons list and who can equip what. To specialize who can use what magic, I will have characters learn magic through weapons that are specific to them. However, when I release the hack, I will delete all the magic learnable via esper/weapons.

Summons will be exclusive to a hidden character that you will have to find and recruite on your own, also, as I am not a fan of Umaro, he will be deleted from this hack (I will not recruite him in my playthrough, and to make sure no one else does, I will erase the event and one summon [I won't delete Terrato, I like him, so he'll be obtained still, but another esper will be deleted])

RE: Final Fantasy VI - Dissidia - Heroes - DjinnAndTonic - 10-11-2010

You shouldn't need to erase any summons to erase Umaro joining you. You don't even need to erase Umaro's boss fight. It's all independent of each other.

Phoenix Cave change sounds easy enough, but if you erase Locke joining you there, and you erase Umaro joining, then just how exactly are you going to get all ten main Dissidia characters and a secret character into the party?

Also, by 'use a recolored Maduin sprite' for Chaos, I was indeed talking about his world map sprite, not his summon sprite. Someone (I think Poco?) already made a high-quality full spritesheet for Maduin.

RE: Final Fantasy VI - Dissidia - Heroes - NeoBahamut - 10-11-2010

I'll have Locke join my party first, then I'll edit the map (I'm planing on patching my hack to an incomplete save file/game later once I'm at that point) So that way, Locke will be in the party, and I can then revamp the Phoenix cave without any problems.

About the erasing a summon to erase Umaro, I kinda do since I'm not big on hex editing. If it is infact an event on the map, then that's a different story, and thus I could do it. Remember, I tackle every hack I do without hex editing. (makes my work all the more special ^.^)

And oh, I thought you were talking about recoloring Maduin's esper sprite and making him a boss. XP Well, since there is a Maduin sprite sheet, I might do it, depends if the colors I have will fit. Remember, since I'm changing all the sprites, their palettes will be different, so I have to recolor a few characters, even Kefka. (although whichever looks better I'll do, a Chaos recolor (or if I have close enough colors for him) or a Kefka recolor.)

Although in all honesty, I would love to implant Chaos in my story, it'd make it more dissidia-ish, although I only wanted to stick with Kefka because the hack/story takes place in FFVI's WoR, if I was re-doing the world map (which IF I can switch Kefka with Chaos, I will do) I would have to make it other-worldly, although that shouldn't be hard since the WoR looks like a desolated wasteland. Laugh